4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Okay, for a start less bad and better mean the same thing. Secondly, yes Greenwood was better than Martial when he was up top, he scored and got into a good position again when he missed the header. I remember you from last season, making up nonsense to defend Martial when he’s poor, have a day off.
Less bad implies both were bad whereas better might have given the impression that I rated his performance, l didnt. He scored the goal while he was playing on the right. After that, Martial was taken off and Mason was moved to CF where he was trash. He missed a great chance and that's the sum total of his work there. I've said he was poor, what's your problem?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Less bad implies both were bad whereas better might have given the impression that I rated his performance, l didnt. He scored the goal while he was playing on the right. After that, Martial was taken off and Mason was moved to CF where he was trash. He missed a great chance and that's the sum total of his work there. I've said he was poor, what's your problem?
What chance did he miss?

Raven

Sigh. Why do I bother? You see what you want to see with martial. You must be related to him, or you've a tattoo or something.

The rest of us see a player who decides to try the odd time, has shit movement and inconsistent pressing. More often than not, a liability to the team.

On his day, World beater. Sadly, he only wants to play any 1 in 5 times.

Worth about 20 Mill in the market. Getting him away from the first team with substantially more.
It was a yes or no question bud.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You quoted me for a start, I didn’t want to interact with you because your post was utter nonsense. When Greenwood scored he’d moved upfront, he was literally stood next to Martial at that point. When Pogba and Greenwood went into the centre we massively improved. I’m not going to reply to you beyond this point because you just make things up to defend Martial whilst saying you thought he was poor. You don’t even have a point.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What chance did he miss?
He missed that header in the second half. It was a poor header, but it showed the difference when you have a centre forward who actually wants to make a move in the box

Devil may care

Lethargic and too easily handled today, looks a bit thin but it might just be the bald dome.

Raven

You quoted me for a start, I didn’t want to interact with you because your post was utter nonsense. When Greenwood scored he’d moved upfront, he was literally stood next to Martial at that point. When Pogba and Greenwood went into the centre we massively improved. I’m not going to reply to you beyond this point because you just make things up to defend Martial whilst saying you thought he was poor. You don’t even have a point.
No, he was on the right, just because he happened to be in the box at that moment in time does not mean he was up front. :lol:

Raven

I don't remember that being a great chance. Will watch it again later.
It was a lovely height and weight, he should have buried it but I'm not particularly annoyed about it, we clearly have issues with bringing our CF into play which goes deeper than Martial or Greenwood not doing the business.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Should be nowhere near the first team.

I'd have had James or Sancho from the start ahead of this fraudulent bugger.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Man, if people are relying on Cavani for the entire season, they're in for a bad surprise. Martial needs to get his fitness up, he's definitely a lazier player than Cavani, but Cavani is a bit of an anomaly for most CF, he is extremely active and presses all the time, he's just not going to be fit or healthy for most of the season, so you need to use Martial, at least until Rashford is back to health then the options widen a bit.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
If Martial says his poor season was due to injuries and his fans conclude that's still the case, can we at least agree he's a croc?

There's people out there that wouldn't take a hypothetical 50m for him and his 13m/y salary, hoping he magically goes back to 19/20 form :lol:
Just play Greenwood up top when Cavani isn't available. At least he has room to improve and he plays like he can be arsed. Win - win.
Rashford as 3rd choice CF isn't any worse than this shit, and it's allows us to play Pogba and Sancho on the wing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think the passing didn't help him today, our players struggled to find anyone. he ran the channels well at points, but no cutting edge or incisive movement. Clearly not match sharp.

SER19

Hes just been shit for over a year. No other way to put it. Moving Greenwood to accommodate him is disgraceful

jesperjaap

Man, if people are relying on Cavani for the entire season, they're in for a bad surprise. Martial needs to get his fitness up, he's definitely a lazier player than Cavani, but Cavani is a bit of an anomaly for most CF, he is extremely active and presses all the time, he's just not going to be fit or healthy for most of the season, so you need to use Martial, at least until Rashford is back to health then the options widen a bit.
I agree....same token though, would rather Greenwood is used up front instead and Amad is kept in the squad, we would then have pllenty of options out wide still. Martial has been here what 5 years now and is in his mid twenties. Time to stop talking about talent he has and position. He is for me a striker and his whil etime here he has onl yhad two good periods and arguably performance wise his best was his first few months here, it just hasnt worked for him

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just like Martial, then. Only far less time to make a contribution.

The lack of players capable of leading the line for us means we’ll win feck all again this season. Unless Cavani can produce an outrageous age and injury defying season out of his arse. Because starting a player like Anthony Martial up front is an insult to all the brilliant number 9s at this club over the years.

Raven

Just like Martial, then. Only far less time to make a contribution.
Martial didn't miss his chance, it was cleared off the line. Like I've said though, he was crap today, I just thought Greenwood managed to be worse when playing through the centre.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll improve for sure (can't get much worse...). Buy I think this is ultimately his last season. As Pogue says, we lack a real striker apart from Cavani. Greenwood is still young and is being used as someone who drifts around and not a poacher, and I think he's a few years away from being able to do that role properly. Martial just doesn't have it unfortunately. Never stepped up, regressed, looks slower and heavier touch than he used to when he first came in. Shame. I think we'll do everything we can to get Haaland in next summer as a replacement for him (and Cavani) and it'll make a world of difference.

yamo123x

He is not a centre forward. He lacks basic forward movement, he cannot hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Look at Lukaku's performance for Chelsea just, proper centre forward performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

ash_86

His dribbling seems to have really gone to the gutters. He used to skin defenders one on one but lately he's not been able to skip past a single defender. Sad end to a promising story. Maybe he rediscovers himself somewhere else.

Bwuk

Greenwood is better than Martial. I’d rather play Martial out of position than Mason.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s not fit. Shouldn’t have started but we’re trying to get him fit because the only way we challenge outside of signing a top striker is if we get him back to his best - Cavani on his own isn’t going to cut it. And to be honest you could have had prime Ronaldo up top and they’d have made feck all difference for large parts due to the quality of passing. None of Bruno, Pogba, Matic or Fred had a pass completion in the 80s…our midfield was proper shit for large periods.

croadyman

Could just imagine that Utd Stand clown Ricky still defending him & Matic to the hilt

croadyman

His dribbling seems to have really gone to the gutters. He used to skin defenders one on one but lately he's not been able to skip past a single defender. Sad end to a promising story. Maybe he rediscovers himself somewhere else.
His whole game has gone to the dogs since the red against Spurs this time last season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dunno why but I find it really pathetic to see people try to discredit 19 year old Greenwood at Martial’s expense but perhaps that’s just me.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s not fit. Shouldn’t have started but we’re trying to get him fit because the only way we challenge outside of signing a top striker is if we get him back to his best - Cavani on his own isn’t going to cut it. And to be honest you could have had prime Ronaldo up top and they’d have made feck all difference for large parts due to the quality of passing. None of Bruno, Pogba, Matic or Fred had a pass completion in the 80s…our midfield was proper shit for large periods.
Jesus wept.

Status
Not open for further replies.