4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DickDastardly

Wait, he's injured? Hope he's well on his way of recovery.

If there ever was a chance for him to shine - it's FECKING NOW!

Mark your spot as CF with Sancho and Greenwood left and right and take Cavani's place.
He's got the talent, he's the right age.....

But somehow, as i'm writing this i can't feel it. Just can't feel it.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He's been posting training drills and general cardio to IG for the past month, hasn't he? Was in Dubai with JL and Young a couple of weeks ago too.

kthanksbye

No hope from him, don't doubt his skill, his mentality is very poor. I understand bad goalscoring patch, he just seems like he couldn't be arsed, like he'd rather be anywhere else.
Scored that inconsequential goal against leeds/sunderland don't remember which game, but that was his first league for like 2 months, the guy celebrated as if he's been scoring a brace every other week.

I don't think he cares about football in general, let alone united or his own career for that matter.

Nick7

Still injured after so long out?! Bloody hell.

Well hopefully he's fully fit for the start of the season because he's got a chance there. Otherwise if Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood nail down those starting spots, he's basically confirmed as a very expensive back-up
He was back at light training alone before the season ended and has been working through his holiday.

Mozox

Sink or swim season.
His potential is higher than Rashford, I rate his potential on Greenwood level, but the question is his inconsistency. If he manages to play his best he may have breakthrough year. If he won't score 15 in PL and 25 goals total we shoud get rid of him.

TheReligion

Abusive
With Rashford out and having been snubbed by France I fully expect Martial to be playing with a point to prove next season. Even more so with the world cup next year and a place in the France squad up for grabs.

If he's not motivated now he never will be.

Foxbatt

Martial on the left and Sancho on the right would be a good start.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was crazy how good he was the season before, I have no idea how his form dropped off so sharply last season. He's always been a confidence player but I really thought he'd turned a corner for us.

He really does need to prove he can cut it this season or I think he's gone next.

Andersons Dietician

I don’t think this is a make or break season. Cavani will likely leave at the end of the season and hopefully we’ll be able to get Haaland which would for me mean we still need a back up for striker which would surely be Martial as so far Greenwood has looked better off the right.

Who knows what will happen this season though, here is hoping he has a great season as if he does along with others it can only be good for us. I’m quite excited to see his link up with Sancho and possibly Amad on occasion. Think those 3 could be fantastic to watch.

Raven

No hope from him, don't doubt his skill, his mentality is very poor. I understand bad goalscoring patch, he just seems like he couldn't be arsed, like he'd rather be anywhere else.
Scored that inconsequential goal against leeds/sunderland don't remember which game, but that was his first league for like 2 months, the guy celebrated as if he's been scoring a brace every other week.

I don't think he cares about football in general, let alone united or his own career for that matter.
I think you should stick to your day job and leave the psychology to the professionals.

kthanksbye

I think you should stick to your day job and leave the psychology to the professionals.
That was obviously an exaggeration, but I do happen to be a medical doctor with a considerable duration of psychology practice.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He will score 25+ goals this season.
Mark my words.
Let's hope you're right however given the fact it's incredibly unlikely that he's going to be first choice with all players fully fit I can't quite see him doing that.

KennyBurner

Let's hope you're right however given the fact it's incredibly unlikely that he's going to be first choice with all players fully fit I can't quite see him doing that.
He will most likely be first choice with all the players fit if we forget last season. Ole actually prefers him.

kthanksbye

Yet you write stuff like that? Interesting.
Like I said, it was an exaggeration, even with my qualification and experience, narrowing down why Martial looks like he cannot be arsed is anyone's guess. I mentioned it merely because you asked me to stick to my day job.

Anyway, staying with Martial, I don't mind a lean patch from a striker, we've had loads of that and it's something that can happen with anyone barring Messi and Ronaldo, but it's watching him play during that period is what breaks my hope in him, he doesn't put in that extra effort, the gambles at the far post, the runs behind the backline, the breaking your neck to step in front of a defender to meet an incoming cross. Which is why I don't expect him to even score double digit league goals this season, I'd love to be proven wrong though, because when on song, the guy is a special talent.

Raven

Like I said, it was an exaggeration, even with my qualification and experience, narrowing down why Martial looks like he cannot be arsed is anyone's guess. I mentioned it merely because you asked me to stick to my day job.

Anyway, staying with Martial, I don't mind a lean patch from a striker, we've had loads of that and it's something that can happen with anyone barring Messi and Ronaldo, but it's watching him play during that period is what breaks my hope in him, he doesn't put in that extra effort, the gambles at the far post, the runs behind the backline, the breaking your neck to step in front of a defender to meet an incoming cross. Which is why I don't expect him to even score double digit league goals this season, I'd love to be proven wrong though, because when on song, the guy is a special talent.
If you reckon Ole would accept a player with no mentality in his squad, you're dreaming. The guy had a terrible season last season, like numerous top attackers (Sterling, Mane, etc) but it doesn't mean he's finished.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Turning 26 next season.

Time for a 20+ goals in the league season.

He came pretty close with 17 in 19/20 and I thought he'd finally take the next step in his career but that didn't happen last season.

Now or never, if he doesn't deliver this year I'll have lost all hope on him ever becoming world class.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Better this season? Couldnt possibly any worse, unless he literally burns OT to the ground, punches a kid on the way out and hacks sanchos legs off.

RuudtheRed

This reminds me of the time a poster on the Caf started a thread claiming Nani was our best winger and would reignite our charge to the title. Everyone laughed at him, until it turned out to be true.

Here goes - Martial will reignite our charge to the title!! Time we got behind our #9

SAFMUTD

Can't be worse than last season, I think this is his last chance.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We need baby Martial or lockdown Martial, come on the fans are still behind you!

JTRI

With Rashford out we NEED him to step up, he's a big earner at the club and should be able to be relied on. After the stinker he had last season and a WC coming up he should be desperate to prove himself, if his brain isn't in gear this season it never will be.

reddevilchennai

His sulking and lazy attitude are the things I hate in him. If he improves his attitude, he can be a top top player.

Threesus

He will most likely be first choice with all the players fit if we forget last season. Ole actually prefers him.
Rooney would have stayed beyond 2017 if we had forgotten his last 3 seasons. This is make or break season for Martial.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Martial FC on life support. Need our boy to step up.
Confirmed: @DWelbz19 signs one year extension with Martial FC. Personal terms not a problem, possibility to extend for another season. Here we go! #MUFC #AM9 #MartialFC

Foxbatt

The stats showed that Martial took the most shots on goal for United. He also obviously missed the most.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The stats showed that Martial took the most shots on goal for United. He also obviously missed the most.
I find one of his biggest flaws is that he likes one particular type of finishing where he aims and curves a shot in nice and calmly.

He doesn’t have the ability to finish in more strenuous ways.

Foxbatt

I find one of his biggest flaws is that he likes one particular type of finishing where he aims and curves a shot in nice and calmly.

He doesn’t have the ability to finish in more strenuous ways.
yes but before this season you could bet your house that he is going to score when one on one. But now he messes it up completely. I think he is taking an extra touch and an extra second and that is what is why he is missing so much. I think with Cavani in the centre and Sancho on the right, there would be less pressure on him to score and that would be a good thing for him.

jem

It baffles me how everyones is writing Martial off. It'd be one thing if he were coming off a string of poor seasons, but he's a year removed from being our player of the year FFS! He was bad last year, but getting injured didn't help. I'd love to see him step into that LW spot while Rashford is out and make that a real competition between the two.

UnitedRepublic

Just to make it clear he got injured on duty with France in a game where he assisted Dembele. He didn’t get snubbed for France in the Euros he was out injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.