Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

Match fitness is not there.

The argument that we need to keep him for extra body up front is just that he is just an extra body. Nothing really useful.

snk123

Unfit. He would have done much more if he was fit right with that Shaw pass just before he came off.

Also, as shown by the second half - we were atrocious in the midfield and defense and none of the attackers could make a difference.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He is a complete waste of a footballer.

And yeah you can say it's down to match fitness... But we watched him do this for large parts of last season.

Based Adnan

Typical low energy Martial performance. Should be third choice #9 behind Cavani and Greenwood if he wants to stay at the club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Better than Rashford still is he? Hahahahaha

If we could sell him (we can't because of his wages) he should be gone now. Simply not good enough.

acnumber9

Unfit. He would have done much more if he was fit right with that Shaw pass just before he came off.

Also, as shown by the second half - we were atrocious in the midfield and defense and none of the attackers could make a difference.
Except for the one that scored obviously.

Stadjer

People claimed it was like playing with 10 when he was on but it didnt get much better when he was off.

Maybe it isnt all Martial his fault but also the support he does get?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
People claimed it was like playing with 10 when he was on but it didnt get much better when he was off.

Maybe it isnt all Martial his fault but also the support he does get?
It didn't get much better? We looked like a different team.

tenpoless

Greenwood put him to shame. Greenwood looked busy. He made movements that let him score the goal even if he started off from the right. Martial is not the only shite player today but goodness me... if that's not an half arsed effort he showed today I don't know what it is.

KennyBurner

He is so UNFIT. Very heavy on the ball which is not like him. Did well to find himself in space on numerous occasions but looked sluggish when on the ball. We should use him as a super sub till he is back to full fitness. We had no presence up top once we removed him and the game fell flat.

Pearl.Jam

Absolutely disgraceful (so called) performance, how he gets minutes is beyond me as I’ve never seen such a lazy footballer in all my life..should never wear the shirt ever again

E-mal

He is match unfit but regardless, not reliable, no endeavor at all and wont be bothered if he's sold.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Awful, I was hoping he would prove all his critics (including me) wrong today. He only reinforced my opinion that he is not good enough.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
We looked decent the first 10/15 minutes of the game when Martial was on the pitch too...
He didn't touch a ball in those 10 minutes. Pogba made a pass to him that Greenwood would have turned into a goal chance.

MattofManchester

Did nothing to get involved when we started getting sloppy, and failed to stretch Southampton at all.

Was very easy for them to defend against.

Comfortably third choice now.

The United

His lack of movement has nothing to do with match fitness. He has always been like that.

And, you can stay move around even when you are not match-fit.

HybridMoments

Just doesn't look like he's that bothered to me. It's like he's been told by the job centre that if he doesn't take the job of United winger he's going to get his universal credit cut!

Gandalf

We looked decent the first 10/15 minutes of the game when Martial was on the pitch too...
Don't think he touched the ball then though. He had 10 total touches in the first half and wasted 2 shooting chances along with losing possession on practically every passing attempt. Fitness does not explain away all of that, he needs to go play with the U23s until he gets into some sort of form, right now he is a waste even on the bench.

InfiniteBoredom

He needs to spend a good solid month playing with the U23s and working on his fitness. At the moment he’s simply not cutting it, it’s an accomplishment in itself to have Slabhead turning and running twice as fast as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.