Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Thing is I’m not sure he’s even a starter anymore with ronaldo and Sancho here.
You're not sure whether he's a starter for a team that includes Ronnie, Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho, Pogba?

Mainoldo

He’s more like a Nicolas Anelka. Early promise never fulfilled and just not cut out for a top club.
Anelka is one of the best strikers to play football in the last 20 years. Did you not see him for Chelsea.

It’s not an ounce of the same thing.

Redcy

How did he do for France? He scored a goal I know.
Was average in general, missed a 1v1, then scored one by scuffing it off the keeper, instead of how he would have scored at his best, lets now hope he gets a bit of confidence from scoring a scrappy goal. At least was getting into some better positions, still looks a bit slow and lethargic, but a chance to see if he gets a game tonight.

Ashish Negi

Great performance by Martial tonight. Involved in all the attacking play by France.

Linkup between him, Griezman and Benzema was lit.

France looked very good since ages as Mbappe used to break lots of attack by being selfish.

Today front three of Martial, Griezman and Benzema were amazing.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
So tonight he had a very good game and it's crickets in here. Where's everyone at?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Martial on a good day is a joy to behold. I still hold out hope that he could become part of an unbelievable interchangeable front 3 for us....but he has to kick on.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Brilliant I’m one of those that loves him as a player and I’d enjoy nothing more than seeing him silence the critics.

KennyBurner

He had a good game but he still doesn't look back to full health. I need more aggression from him. That's when he is at his best.

Raven

Looked very good today, you can see he's getting his sharpness back.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He had a good game but he still doesn't look back to full health. I need more aggression from him. That's when he is at his best.
He’s played about 250 minutes of competitive football since March, so I wouldn’t expect him to be aggressive right away, but his sharpness is returning

A-man

Great he’s getting time in the NT. His best game since the comeback but still the show was run by Griezmann and Benzema who were world class tonight.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Happy he’s playing well. Perhaps he gets a start on Saturday? Sancho has a knock & we know Rashford is out. There’s a spot on the left.

Raven

Happy he’s playing well. Perhaps he gets a start on Saturday? Sancho has a knock & we know Rashford is out. There’s a spot on the left.
Maybe... I think Cavani will probably get the nod but Ronnie and Greenwood playing off of Martial could be very interesting.

Dve

I don´t know. I kind of hoped for a bit more. I guess he looked ok on the ball, but he does not create much, tbh. Benzema had 5 attempts, one assist. Greizmann 5 attempts, 2 goals. Marial, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 attempts. Just not much happening around him.

James Peril

Great performance by Martial tonight. Involved in all the attacking play by France.

Linkup between him, Griezman and Benzema was lit.

France looked very good since ages as Mbappe used to break lots of attack by being selfish.

Today front three of Martial, Griezman and Benzema were amazing.
They played Finland. Their best and only known player is Teemu Pukki, come on. It’s like bragging about Lingard looking good against Fleetwood in the Carabao Cup.

Marwood

So tonight he had a very good game and it's crickets in here. Where's everyone at?
He's been useless for ages and has one decent game against Finland. It's barely worth any discussion.

I've always thought he'd become special but until he strings together a bunch of determined, effective performances against league opposition there's nothing new to say really.

Raven

I don´t know. I kind of hoped for a bit more. I guess he looked ok on the ball, but he does not create much, tbh. Benzema had 5 attempts, one assist. Greizmann 5 attempts, 2 goals. Marial, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 attempts. Just not much happening around him.
If you're looking at just stats then that's what you'll see, if you watched the game, you'd see how well he worked with the other 2.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Good to hear, I'll think we'll start with Pogba Ronnie Greenwood as our A team, and Martial Cavani Sancho as our B/cup team in the near future, fitness permitting. Should be quite a few games to impress in before Rashford returns.

lex talionis

Good to hear, I'll think we'll start with Pogba Ronnie Greenwood as our A team, and Martial Cavani Sancho as our B/cup team in the near future, fitness permitting. Should be quite a few games to impress in before Rashford returns.
Pogba Ronnie Greenwood and Sancho. No way can we shit our pants by playing McFred and bench Sancho against the everyday opponent. Maybe if we're facing City, but then that would constitute shitting our pants, in which case carry on.

Red00012

Pogba Ronnie Greenwood and Sancho. No way can we shit our pants by playing McFred and bench Sancho against the everyday opponent. Maybe if we're facing City, but then that would constitute shitting our pants, in which case carry on.
You should probably check our recent league results v city before commenting

Redcy

Glad to see he had a good game tonight, still not convinced, lets be honest if he gets back into the team it should be on merit, and hopefully he can step up, the lad is ours for two years. Despite my misgivings, Martial playing well is better than Martial sat on his arse or on the pitch looking like he would rather die.

RooneyLegend

I don't know how people criticize players who lack 'sharpness'. It's clear he's working to get back into shape. Now if he's trash when in shape that's another story. It reminds me of all the critics of Pogba last season, they still haven't realised he's been our best player for quite some time now..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he hits form again, I think he's probably the best player for Ronnie to play off of. It is an enormous if though.
In form, he's a perfect foil for Ronnie cause he's naturally an unselfish player. Almost to a fault. And his hold up play is very good as he's nitnshy of the physical stuff. It's all about getting him into form though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good to see him play well, he combined well with Griezmann and Benzema. He could have done better with few runs when they were on counter but much more promising performance.

It's a shame he is almost forgotten by many ManUtd fans when it comes to discussing future attack, he is always left out of the discussion (good chance I was guilty of this too), hopefully he will be back to his best.

romufc

Good to see him play well, he combined well with Griezmann and Benzema. He could have done better with few runs when they were on counter but much more promising performance.

It's a shame he is almost forgotten by many ManUtd fans when it comes to discussing future attack, he is always left out of the discussion (good chance I was guilty of this too), hopefully he will be back to his best.
Its the way football works now. Its always about which player has been doing it here and now. If Martial finds form, he could easily displace Sancho, Rashford but that is a big IF.

The good thing about it is, like against Wolves, if one is not playing well, we have a quality substitute to replace him. We also have CL games, players now will have to play really well if they want to be in the team.

Raven

I don't know how people criticize players who lack 'sharpness'. It's clear he's working to get back into shape. Now if he's trash when in shape that's another story. It reminds me of all the critics of Pogba last season, they still haven't realised he's been our best player for quite some time now..
I can see the issue with Martial in fairness, after the season he's just had, it's hard to get that out of your mind. But the hate for him has been going on far longer than that. I really hope he he gets back to his best because he's an unbelievable player and fantastic to watch.
In form, he's a perfect foil for Ronnie cause he's naturally an unselfish player. Almost to a fault. And his hold up play is very good as he's nitnshy of the physical stuff. It's all about getting him into form though.
This is my thinking, Cavani would be good with Ronnie too but I think if Martial can find his best form again he'd work best.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I thought, for someone coming back into form, he did pretty well, but he was clearly the weakest of the front three (kind of normal, given who he was with up there), and missed a pretty good chance to score as well. He definitely seems to have much more difficulties taking on his man and his explosivity is almost gone until further notice.

Dve

If you're looking at just stats then that's what you'll see, if you watched the game, you'd see how well he worked with the other 2.
I saw about 2/3 of it, so maybe I missed some good bits, but from what I saw, I felt Griezmann and Benzema were at a different level, and I think that´s where you need to be if you´re going to claim a spot in the United team this season. But progression, yes.

Raven

I saw about 2/3 of it, so maybe I missed some good bits, but from what I saw, I felt Griezmann and Benzema were at a different level, and I think that´s where you need to be if you´re going to claim a spot in the United team this season. But progression, yes.
I'm not saying he was world class last night, what I said was he's getting his sharpness back and had a good performance.

Chairman Steve

I could see some career parallels between Martial and Anelka. Anelkas career was littered with one good season for two mediocre/complete ass seasons with early promise, before Bolton and Chelsea where he sustained good performances consistently in his prime football player years.

Martial gives off the impression he’d thrive in an environment where he’s the undisputed main man in his position, which is nigh on impossible at clubs the size of Utd where competition for places breeds everyone to push harder than before, and now he’s competing one of the most driven and determined athletes on the planet for a place in the XI in Ronaldo.

Man Utd 4:1 Newcastle

Lee565

Thought he looked sharp and did mostly everything right when he was involved like the clever dummy for lingard goal.

Stadjer

Looked good in the time he was on the pitch. Hopefully he forgets last season and will become the player we all expected him to become.

UnitedRepublic

Created the last assist for Pogba.
This guy will never get any love on here no matter what he does. Lingard scores a goal and everything else he did up until that moment is forgotten. This board is so English biased it’s crazy it’s not Manchester United biased it English biased.

Last edited:

Sylar

Created the last assist for Pogba.
This guy will never get any love on here no matter what he does. Lingard scores a goal and everything else he did up until that moment is forgotten. This board is so English biased it’s crazy it’s not Manchester United biased it English biased.
Read the two posts directly above you

Status
Not open for further replies.