Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
You'd think the manager and his teammates would be screaming at him constantly to move, press, make a run, and just do something! It's like we've just accepted that's all you're gonna get from him. Should've been hooked at half time.

crossy1686

career ending
I sense the sarcasm but I've always been a fan of Martial, however he's not played well for some time and he was poor tonight and needlessly was kept on at the detriment of shape.
I've been quite outspoken about my distain for Martial and his application and impact on games (although I did praise him a few times when he was playing well). He's cost us the game tonight, you start Greenwood and we win that. I don't know why he was kept on past the first half. His movement makes your eyes bleed.

crossy1686

career ending
You'd think the manager and his teammates would be screaming at him constantly to move, press, make a run, and just do something! It's like we've just accepted that's all you're gonna get from him. Should've been hooked at half time.
He was this poor in that infamous game against Sheff United when we lost. You could hear Solskajer screaming from the bench "Anto, movement!". He tried to spin in behind once then turned to the bench and shrugged his shoulders.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I bet they’re screaming internally. Honestly can’t remember a more irritating footballer at this club. I can’t take much more of him. I’ll say something I’ll regret.

IhabX7

He really wasn't though, we were just absolutely bereft of forward players so he had zero competition and quick feet. He's always been decent but for the last year and a half he's so poor it's unreal
He was excellent. Not anymore though for some reason.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Solskjaer has said it in public a few times, but without singling him out.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Genuinely hope that I never see his name on the teamsheet again.
He's honestly the last person in the squad who a) I want to see on the pitch and b) actually deserves chances on the pitch... He's had more opportunities then pretty much anyone

Bobski

That 3 month period in the run to the Sevilla final was what he is capable of. He looked energetic, penetrative and a player on the rise. I was excited to see his progress, and he has gone backwards ever since.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think the crowd at OT have had it with him. He made a typically half-assed attempt to get on the end of a through ball at one point and I’m sure I heard boos.
I don’t think it was half arsed - I think the worrying thing is he’s lost some pace. He looks so slow nowadays. Anyway - he’s never going to get back in the side. It’s over for him here.

Dve

He was excellent. Not anymore though for some reason.
Looks like he just gave up the moment we signed Cavani. A few cameos on the left wing is the only thing I can see for him this season; I doubt he´ll ever be utilised as a nr. 9 again for United.

EtH

Embarrassing and infuriating performance.

That is all I will say.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I don’t think it was half arsed - I think the worrying thing is he’s lost some pace. He looks so slow nowadays. Anyway - he’s never going to get back in the side. It’s over for him here.
I think it was more the frustration of him finally trying to make a run in behind and looking like he was dragging a tractor. I was messaging a friend during the game, does he get the number 9 shirt at any other Premier League club? I don’t think so.

dirkey

Please God he's the next piece of deadwood weeded out of the club.

Pointless, lazy, disinterested, brainless... And many more.

DhesiBoi

He's honestly the last person in the squad who a) I want to see on the pitch and b) actually deserves chances on the pitch... He's had more opportunities then pretty much anyone
I second this, he has lost his touch, his had a few good games where he came on in the end but terrible starter....

Kaos

Think he's blown it now, even for Ole. With Cavani and Rashford coming back into the team, I don't see where he fits in, not with his form and inconsistency. Hopefully we can get a decent sum for him in January and he moves on for everyone's sake.

largelyworried

With some players you can tell they’re in such a dark place that I stop being angry about their form and just feel pity. Martial is not choosing to play this badly, he’s obviously on the floor with his confidence and can’t work out what to do. No doubt also realising that his time at the club is up.

James35

Martial has clearly not been right for a long time. The best for all concerned would be him leaving, I'm confident he will get back to being a very good player but I think his time with us is certainly done. His confidence and attitude are his biggest issues, not his ability. Hopefully he will be allowed to leave in January barring a major injury crisis.

Dve

No, I agree. He isn't a starting striker at any Premier League club.
Well, sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes for some players to blossom, so I wouldn´t go that far. We know there is a player in there, but his future is certainly not at United.

Alfie092

Always been a massive fan and it's crazy to think that a lot of us including myself, felt that back in 2015 when we signed him, we believed in 5-6 years time he would be world-class and one of the best attacking players in the world. It has now been 6 years and he appears he has gone backwards. Crazy that only 2 seasons, well in fact when football resumed after the initial lockdown last year he was banging in the goals and I felt he would kick on a become a regular 20+ goals a season player.

However, he has been trash for the whole of last season and is keeping up that bad form into this season. Never was a hard working player but at least he had pace, the willingness to beat players and make us fans get off our seats and score/assist. Now it appears he has lost that yard of pace, scared to take on players and when he attempts to, he fails miserably more times than not. He has also lost that killer, dead cold finisher instincts. Quite sad to see as someone is a so called "Martial FC" member. I do not want us to sell him in January unless we replac

Red00012

Enjoy the bench it’s where you belong . Embarrassing performance and claiming £250k a week on top of it

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think the crowd at OT have had it with him. He made a typically half-assed attempt to get on the end of a through ball at one point and I’m sure I heard boos.

The abuse I gave him for that attempted 'run' should arguably see me banned for life.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He’s such a disappointment, best for everyone that he moves on.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I don’t know what happened to him. He was a mean mean player in his first couple of seasons. Such regression has been happening to too many players at the club in recent years.
I haven’t watched tonight’s match but perhaps Martial was one of the few players who benefited from LVG’s system. In general I’ve always had a feeling that he’s more of a system player than, say, Rashford or Greenwood. Give him clear instructions, isolate him against a fullback regularly, play quick 1-2s and he’ll look better (assuming he hasn’t given up).

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think it was more the frustration of him finally trying to make a run in behind and looking like he was dragging a tractor. I was messaging a friend during the game, does he get the number 9 shirt at any other Premier League club? I don’t think so.
The newly promoted teams would have him if they could, not that it's much of a praise

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He starts for Arsenal as a number 9 I think…that’s probably the only top 8 club he does though. Obviously he starts wide left for many a team. Interesting how we play it - we need him to retain some value so we can’t just never play him. If we’d signed Ronaldo earlier he’d have been sold when Inter came sniffing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He starts for Arsenal as a number 9 I think…that’s probably the only top 8 club he does though. Obviously he starts wide left for many a team. Interesting how we play it - we need him to retain some value so we can’t just never play him. If we’d signed Ronaldo earlier he’d have been sold when Inter came sniffing.
Only on the basis that lego Pep is mental and doesn’t play Aubameyang there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Brentford wouldn’t. That’s for damn sure. Not instead of Toney. You could see him playing for a mediocre side as a wide attacker but the fact he repeatedly gets picked to lead the line for Manchester United is genuinely bizarre.
Repeatedly ? If Cavani is fit/available then Martial's become useless basically. He is currently benefiting from Ronaldo not being to play every possible game and Cavani being absent. It's just sad that he doesn't wanna use these rare opportunities to stand out

Status
Not open for further replies.