4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockets Redglare

But we were sat in, holding our shape to nick a draw. In last night's game, we were desperately chasing a winner and pressing as high up as possible. Don't be dim, they're clearly very different situations.
Well if that’s the case why bring a striker on at all?
If you’re looking to hold shape and keep the ball Martial would hardly be your go to substitution.

RedStarUnited

But we were sat in, holding our shape to nick a draw. In last night's game, we were desperately chasing a winner and pressing as high up as possible. Don't be dim, they're clearly very different situations.
You are just excusing him.

He came on and didnt run or press anyone. He wasn't brought for that, otherwise why bother changing?

Raven

You are just excusing him.

He came on and didnt run or press anyone. He wasn't brought for that, otherwise why bother changing?
So we were chasing the game against young boys then? All of our other players were pressing like dogs and Martial was the only one not doing so?

tenpoless

Does he suffer from long covid or something? He seems so lethargic every time he plays. 0 energy, no will to drive an attack forward, just trots around the pitch like he would rather be at home and play PlayStation or something.
That's how he plays. Like Ronaldo but not actually Ronaldo.

RUCK4444

I can’t remember ever totally abandoning hope for a United player to turn things around like I have with Martial.

The reason for it is unique though, it’s his lack of effort and ability to adapt or learn.

I have zero, fecking ZERO, expectation for him to do anything in this game. I hope I’m proven wrong.

I just hope Ole doesn’t wait too long before dragging him off if he’s having another half-arsed performance.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think he was good against Wolves when he came on, really poor up front again against West Ham. Was decent for France against Ukraine. God only knows which Martial is going to show up. I don’t rate him on the left as a creator. He’s just too passive. Can see him coming off for Ronaldo @ 60 mins

snk123

I can’t remember ever totally abandoning hope for a United player to turn things around like I have with Martial.

The reason for it is unique though, it’s his lack of effort and ability to adapt or learn.

I have zero, fecking ZERO, expectation for him to do anything in this game. I hope I’m proven wrong.

I just hope Ole doesn’t wait too long before dragging him off if he’s having another half-arsed performance.
You’ve always hated him mate. We have all your posts in this thread.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Ole thinks he can turn Martial around similarly to what he's done regarding De Gea and Shaw. I've sort of given up hope, but I was proven wrong regarding Dave. Interesting.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Can someone explain to me why Martial deserves to start? I don't get it. He should be earning a start through game changing substitute performances.

IncyWincySpider

As I recall he had a long run of poor performances last season and only got dropped in the end when he got injured.

I don't know what's going on with him, it's obviously a mental thing though. I hope he has an amazing performance today, feels the love of the crowd and kicks on into the season.

RUCK4444

As I recall he had a long run of poor performances last season and only got dropped in the end when he got injured.

I don't know what's going on with him, it's obviously a mental thing though. I hope he has an amazing performance today, feels the love of the crowd and kicks on into the season.
It’s was an entire season of diabolical performances and thats no exaggeration.

I hope he proves me wrong because he could be an important player for us, he’s just not showed us anything for a very long time to indicate he will.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Is it really worth starting Martial over further helping Sancho integrate?

Rashford is coming back soon, Lingard just has had two big impacts as a sub, all three deserve to start over Martial.

Also, what kind of message does it send? You can stink up the place more than a year and still keep starting?

Brain dead selection.

RedIan

Though he was dogshit till he scored but he finished very well and hopefully it gives him some confidence or maybe a rocket up his backside.

spiriticon

He can battle it out with Rashford, Sancho and Pogba in a left wing spot battle royale.

Whoever takes their chance wins.

Quinzaine

Was hobbling from around the 35th min and he clearly looked uncomfortable. Glad he got a goal but very surprised seeing him come out for the 2nd half and still be walking and running around with a limp.

el3mel

Great finish for the goal that one. Didn't watch the first half so won't comment on his form but the goal was great.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good to see him on the scoresheet again. Felt he look a bit better from the left as well. He isn't a player that should be leading the line, and I feel like he needs to go back to trying to play from the left if we want to try and revive him.

Ashish Negi

Only player (available right now) in the team who knows how to keep width on left.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Delighted for him to get a goal. He seemed to gain a bit of confidence as well until he had to come off. Hopefully he keeps going after the international break.

Devil may care

Didn't play that well all round but took his goal well, shame he had to go off with a knock as he might have built off the confidence.

R'hllor

To think that you saw everything when he got a kid and brainwashed feckwits sided with JM against him but today some almost like tried to take away a goal from him with a whole deflection thing,

Ashish Negi

To think that you saw everything when he got a kid and brainwashed feckwits sided with JM against him but today some almost like tried to take away a goal from him with a whole deflection thing,
Considering even with slow replays there was no evidence that his shot took deflection but idiot Liverpool old guy Jim belgin saw it from commentary box that it took deflection and it helped him

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Great finish for the goal that one. Didn't watch the first half so won't comment on his form but the goal was great.
Was quite clearly deflected wasnt it? Nonetheless happy for him and he seemed very happy with it, which was good to see so hopefully he kicks on.

Don't think he was great nonetheless and he was lacking quite some pace/isolation game which I think Rashford/Sancho have more than he does. However, we need all the good players that we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.