Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No it’s been a trend of late with Greenwood putting in good performances but not getting on the scoresheet. I was just making the point that such fine margins don’t define a performance.

And I am not biased against Martial at all. I have been a big fan of his for years. But at this point his performances don’t warrant him being anywhere near the starting XI and today was no different.
Yes, but I think most people in Greenwood's thread are praising his overall game. There's people who only look at stats, they're out there, but it's not reflective of the overall community's thinking on Greenwood's performances. I thought you showed some bias when you reduce Martial's performance to simply a dodgy deflection when it pretty much looked a goal regardless, it wasn't one of those where it's heading out but bounces in off a defender's back and goes in kind of dodgy deflection, and, above all, it was the only goal the team scored. That being said, I do agree that I don't think Martial deserves to be in the starting XI, but not because I thought he was crap in the game, I thought he was decent when you consider the overall team performance, but there are simply better options right now.

EtH

Yes, but I think most people in Greenwood's thread are praising his overall game. There's people who only look at stats, they're out there, but it's not reflective of the overall community's thinking on Greenwood's performances. I thought you showed some bias when you reduce Martial's performance to simply a dodgy deflection when it pretty much looked a goal regardless, it wasn't one of those where it's heading out but bounces in off a defender's back and goes in kind of dodgy deflection, and, above all, it was the only goal the team scored. That being said, I do agree that I don't think Martial deserves to be in the starting XI, but not because I thought he was crap in the game, I thought he was decent when you consider the overall team performance, but there are simply better options right now.
I don’t want to derail this thread so I’ll just say Greenwood has had a lot of criticism despite putting in good performances since passing up a square ball to Ronaldo against Aston Villa.

I thought Martial’s shot was headed straight at the keeper before the deflection. But perhaps that’s harsh as maybe it would’ve gone in anyway.

Either way he has just looked so devoid of confidence and seems like he’s lost some pace as well. I just think he’s done here as we have much better options available now.

YouknowNani

It's a really difficult one with Martial. It's still hard to work out exactly what sort of player he is. He's not quite a left winger and he's not quite an out and out striker. He does well in the little pocket just to the left of a main target man striker coming in from the edge of the box either dribbling or curling a right footed shot.

I do think Martial does have something special and would be disappointed to see him go but he certainly hasn't been at his best for a while. He needs game time and confidence and I'm not sure he's going to get that very often now unless there's a number of injuries.

On a side note, it's as though we all think the grass is greener because Rashfords been out, we want him back on that left wing and assume he will do better than Martial/Sancho. He's actually be poor himself for about a year. He was good at the start of last season, then dropped off massively, didn't get a kick at the euros and rightly so (other than the penalty). What he has over Martial is a bit more pace and willingness to carry the ball and counter attack quickly. But in tight spaces facing a low block he's no better than Martial.

peridigm

What has happened to Martial? Not in subs for recent matches. Is he injured? Granted, he doesn’t really have a chance of starting ahead of our regular front 3 but strange he’s disappeared.

lex talionis

Invisible today.

Seriously, it’s a sad statement of where he is now in his career that he’s nowhere near the first team.

Where is he? It’s a shame that he scored his first goal in ages against Everton and then just disappeared. I understand Ole said he wasn’t fully fit after coming back from the international break but said in his presser against Spurs that he had a fully fit squad to choose from.

el3mel

Think he's done at United. He'll be sold next summer regardless of the manager situation.

Ashish Negi

Where is he? It’s a shame that he scored his first goal in ages against Everton and then just disappeared. I understand Ole said he wasn’t fully fit after coming back from the international break but said in his presser against Spurs that he had a fully fit squad to choose from.
According to his wife he is fit, was fit last week also but ole left him at home

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just can't fit him.

You cant have a player like Sancho who is capable on both wings and then have Martial as subs.

Martial is our 3rd striker (I don't even think this is true because after Ronaldo, Cavani then there's most likely Greenwood centrally).

As a LW he is arguably playing 3rd behind Rashford and Sancho now.

InfiniteBoredom

He's the new Lingard. An atrocious year then completely frozen out, if he were to go on loan and do well, the moment he comes back Ole will keep him and stick him on the bench again.

Shouldve at the very least go out on loan with an option to buy the moment Ronaldo came in if Ole planned to use Ronaldo as a striker. Complete waste of time for both parties.

Ashish Negi

Just can't fit him.

You cant have a player like Sancho who is capable on both wings and then have Martial as subs.

Martial is our 3rd striker (I don't even think this is true because after Ronaldo, Cavani then there's most likely Greenwood centrally).

As a LW he is arguably playing 3rd behind Rashford and Sancho now.
You know that his goal got us last point in the league ?

We need an rvn

He's the new Lingard. An atrocious year then completely frozen out, if he were to go on loan and do well, the moment he comes back Ole will keep him and stick him on the bench again.

Shouldve at the very least go out on loan with an option to buy the moment Ronaldo came in if Ole planned to use Ronaldo as a striker. Complete waste of time for both parties.
You forgot to add "and the club gives him a new contract"

Bebestation

You know that his goal got us last point in the league ?
I'm not saying it's right or anything.

However, 90% of the fans of this forum wanted Sancho and that does have its consequences.

He is an Ole player and that does have its consequences.

He is a 70 something million player once viewed as a 100 million player - that does have its consequences.

The fact we randomly signed Ronaldo near deadline day had its consequences with an extra striker and some of our forwards being pushed out wide again etc.

It's just how it is.

Hell maybe the fact that Martial scored last and didn't get another game has its consequences too.

::sonny::

He is the 6/7th choice, he will never play again

To many players upfront, 10 players for 2 places

CloneMC16

Not surprising. There is crazy competition in our forward positions. He's not going to start in front of all of those players. If we're playing this formation, it'll be very rare to see him even make the bench.

Red Royal

He is way down the pecking order...would be good for his career to move on, and hopefully we can do a swap even for half a season loan swap with a decent midfielder in January. He could do a decent role at an Everton, Spurs type level of club.

TheRedHearted

He is way down the pecking order...would be good for his career to move on, and hopefully we can do a swap even for half a season loan swap with a decent midfielder in January. He could do a decent role at an Everton, Spurs type level of club.
Back to Monaco in a swap for Tchouaméni. Course we eluirò have to give some money as well. If martial is smart he would go back there and do everything to impress and then i could see him getting another move elsewhere, Inter would be ideal for him

Water Melon

He will either sit out his contract or leave provided that we pay part of his wages. I doubt there is any team out here ready to match his current wages, while the club will definetely ask for a decent amount to let him leave.

Bebestation

He might fit in playing next to ronaldo in 3-5-2 ?
This actually doesn't sound too bad to me.

We got to play it in the right match though since both players won't press and if that's okay then we should probably give it a go.

Ixion

If he's going to be the fall guy for this new formation I can see him going somewhere in January, we can't ask him to sit at home all season.

If Jose had brought in a couple of 32/36 year olds and we sold a promising young striker at their expense (and benched 3 others) there would be uproar. Sadly looks like Martial will leave with a whimper which is a shame because we know the talent he has.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
People were moaning for him to be dropped, now he's dropped and people are still moaning

Bebestation

If he's going to be the fall guy for this new formation I can see him going somewhere in January, we can't ask him to sit at home all season.

If Jose had brought in a couple of 32/36 year olds and we sold a promising young striker at their expense (and benched 3 others) there would be uproar. Sadly looks like Martial will leave with a whimper which is a shame because we know the talent he has.
I don't think that's true.

Martial's dropped down the pecking order because of Rashford at LW.

Himself not doing good at ST which then got overtaken by Cavani.

Sancho now will probably take over Martial due to his versatility to play both flanks and Greenwood is probably a more clinical central player too.

Ronaldo was a sudden random transfer and this has effected Martial because he is no where near Ronaldo either.

His time is just up even though he is a okay player on his day but bit of a dice roll all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.