4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

More interested in if the same player had a role in that last minute winner or not.
And that's why some fans(even some managers) keep clinging on to players. More attention paid to the odd moment rather than the overall picture of the player.

Roane

I've always thought Martial had talent, also that it hasn't always been realised.

However I think I'd like him to stay and see what he can do under RR/next manager even if it's only until end of the season.

The goal yesterday had elements I've not seen for a long time, imo elements that suit martial. In one word movement but in greater detail the role of rashford with the movement from the moment Martial came in. It was reminiscent of times when both were scoring and playing well.

Put in very simple terms we had all 4 of our front players running into the box. Something hat hasn't happened for a while and frustrates me.

Martial was never a player who showed loads of emotion when he scored and we saw this from his early days. So that bit doesn't concern me. He is also a player who has great close control and can take on players and put in good balls to his partner or other players in the box. Yesterday showed he was a little rusty so an extra touch etc shouldn't be used to beat him with but understood in the context of a returning player.

For me club always comes first so if he doesn't perform or wants to leave then adios. However with the Ralf appointment I'm happy to give players a clean slate, certainly until end of this season or end of Ralfs 6 months.

The thought of martial and Pogba back in after the break is mouth watering in principle. Whether it works out that way we will see.

Shimo

Makes no sense to me for fans to boo a player coming on for any team when they are looking to win a game. Why would you want a player to be unhappy in such a situation. Just boggles my mind but, guess to each their own.

He played well when he came on. Had commented at half time in match thread he would be a good option to bring on for Elanga as he would hold the ball up well, has ability to dribble at players and combine with others. Whether he wants out should be put to the side as long as he is professional and does his job. Glad that RR got that point across to him - with room for error in getting CL spot being very very slim, every bit helps.

Renantics

Martial was never a fox in box proacher striker like ruud van nisterooy or cavani and never going to be but he still can score 15-20 goals a season but not 30,40 goals.
People needs to accept he like firmino,benzema false 9 at times tactical intelligence and likes to get ball to their feet and progress the ball make something happen.

Firmino links the play with midfielder and creates space/salah the primary goalscorer
Mane secondary goalscorer

Mane Firmino salah

Salah in behind/cuts
Mane in bend/cuts/links
Firmino drops back/link/box

Benzema links the play with midfielder and creates space/Ronaldo the primary goalscorer
Bale secondary goalscorer

19/20 under ole
Martial links the play with midfielder and creates space/Rashford the primary goalscorer
Greenwood/bruno secondary goalscorer

Rashford martial greenwood
22 goals 23 goals 17 goals
Bruno
12 goals

When attacking

Rashford runs in behind/cuts
Greenwood cuts in shoots
Martial drops back links/holds/box Bruno pass/ runs in box

433 formation

I agree martial work rate needs improve but he would have been great for the 4222 ralf wanted with him upront with ronaldo or cavani.
Rashford /bruno has a great understanding with martial.
Sancho also would be great with him i saw it in match against west ham in league cup a few 1,2 between eachouter despite we loss.
Ronaldo,rashford,greenwood want to score goal any opportunies they see the shooting on site.
Martial and sancho is a must to help balance in attack and help bruno/pogba creating.cavani great coming of the bench than he starts.

unfortunately we dont have a prime ronaldo who Plays left foward before now
thats problem he would have been simple like.

LF Cf/false 9 RF

Ronaldo Martial sancho/rashford/greenwood

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
And that's why some fans(even some managers) keep clinging on to players. More attention paid to the odd moment rather than the overall picture of the player.
I posted this yesterday:
He's had 1.5 miserable seasons, when both his finishing and dribbling left him, the crowd hates him, and he and the manager don't like each other. As much as I like him, don't see a way back.
Don't like the focus on demeanor over performance.

Drz

In the context of him wanting to leave and the "misunderstanding" with RR, i thought he did well as a sub, seemingly at least following the coach's instructions as he was trying to press and play with energy, which is not a regular feature of his game.

djembatheking

He`s been a shit buy , offered nothing for ages now and wouldn`t be missed if he left but I still think we`ll struggle to get rid as no one will pay his wages . If he was any good surely other clubs would be desperate to sign him knowing that he wants to leave .

Litch

But in this context it was used as a deflection tactic to shift the conversation away from Martial being lazy (you obviously like him as a player) and on to stereotyping in football. I agree it happens but I also think Martial has been lazy. It's not like that's s particularly controversial take.
I think he’s been a complete disappointment and rarely lived up to his potential. He can be sold for me. Not a controversial take as many might think it, just ironically could be easily seen as a lazy label equally. We move on as I suspect Martial will hopefully do too.

Pickle85

I think he’s been a complete disappointment and rarely lived up to his potential. He can be sold for me. Not a controversial take as many might think it, just ironically could be easily seen as a lazy label equally. We move on as I suspect Martial will hopefully do too.
Fair enough, I feel like we broadly agree. I absolutely take the point that black athletes (or to expand that, most athletes of colour) are subjected to criticism that white athletes wouldn't be. But that's not to say that all criticism of black athletes (as with athletes of any colour) is wide of the mark. People can be lazy, be they black, white or tartan.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Me neither generally.

But when demeanour matches performance, year after year, I think it's fair to say the two are linked.
People were complaining about demeanor when he scored 23 goals and got club player of the year.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
People were complaining about demeanor when he scored 23 goals and got club player of the year.
Ah yes, the body language experts and Martial's lack of smiling, those were the good days. His lack of celebration shouldn't be a big shock and it isn't a message. He got out there, ran his socks off, and played the way we can assume Ragnick asked of him. He didn't show to be mentally checked out, but he's inconsistent, like the rest of this team. There's no harm in using him because no one really deserves to start over or under him and he offers a different look, flaws and all.

lex talionis

Not that it matters, but the airship of Martial on The United Stand is completely unhinged. He didn’t win us the game and contribution although positive was nowhere near the Martial we saw in his first year at OT. THAT Martial is a beast, but that player is long gone.

Martial has bags of talent but his desire to become our striker didn’t work out. He could still be a useful left winger for us, but he can’t be counted on match after match as a regular starter. Best for all if we part ways…unless he’s fully prepared to earn his wages.

Telsim

Unsaleable, this guy. I really hope we move him as soon as possible. I'd written him off completely, but I liked his impact against West Ham. However, just by seeing his face expression and body language I can feel my serotonin levels dropping dangerously low. Knee just killed him.

steve.crowford

If this is true, then this is why the argument to "save half his wages instead of none" is a poor argument.
Let want-away players make concessions if they want to move. As soon as United accept less for one player, they will accept less for all players.

crossy1686

career ending
If this is true, then this is why the argument to "save half his wages instead of none" is a poor argument.
Let want-away players make concessions if they want to move. As soon as United accept less for one player, they will accept less for all players.
Does that even matter? Are we a business or are we a football club? Would you rather we keep players around who are toxic because we get a low offer? When United are done with a player we let then go and we move on immediately. We’re not West Ham pricing out suitors for Rice because we don’t want to sell him.

danigl

Confirmed by Fabrizio Romano now that Sevilla has taken Martial on loan, covering his salary until June.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Does that even matter? Are we a business or are we a football club? Would you rather we keep players around who are toxic because we get a low offer? When United are done with a player we let then go and we move on immediately. We’re not West Ham pricing out suitors for Rice because we don’t want to sell him.
The Glazers see us a business.
The give lip service about football.
btw we are no longer a football club. Look at the badge.

AshRK

All the best to him. He may do really well and return or we may sell him for decent amount. Good deal for all the parties involved.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hope he revives great form, sell him for good money or keep him.

crossy1686

career ending
The Glazers see us a business.
The give lip service about football.
btw we are no longer a football club. Look at the badge.
We’re a football club lad, one with a rich heritage of winning things, people on here will do well to remember that instead of getting all wrapped up in transfers fees all the time. Let the people who are in charge of the business side worry about that. We should be worrying about the state of the squad and the lack of joined up thinking when it comes to recruitment in general.

AndyMUFC

Hope he earns himself a permanent move to Sevilla.

Nobody has ever said he's not talented but we're not getting back to the top with players with attitudes like his.

Red Dreams

We’re a football club lad, one with a rich heritage of winning things, people on here will do well to remember that instead of getting all wrapped up in transfers fees all the time. Let the people who are in charge of the business side worry about that. We should be worrying about the state of the squad and the lack of joined up thinking when it comes to recruitment in general.
I said what the Glazers see us as.

And I explained why the manager is handicapped by what the owners do.

crossy1686

career ending
You don't understand that what the owners do affects the football decisions.

By buying Ronaldo, they did not have enough money to buy a DM.
They had plenty of money to buy a DM, they just didn’t want to spend £100m on one when they don’t go for more than £60m max even in this market. Deals are structured in a way that it would be paid off over years, not upfront.

I agree that we shouldn’t be paying daft money for players, that sets a precedent. But selling players is different, get the wages gone and reinvest.

Red Dreams

They had plenty of money to buy a DM, they just didn’t want to spend £100m on one when they don’t go for more than £60m max even in this market. Deals are structured in a way that it would be paid off over years, not upfront.

I agree that we shouldn’t be paying daft money for players, that sets a precedent. But selling players is different, get the wages gone and reinvest.
You are talking about Rice.
Neves was available for far less.

And if we were run as a football club we would not have got Ronaldo.
Just Neves or another DM.

MrBest

Hope he smashes it and makes us regret, i still think there is a huge player there, he lost his mojo here.

crossy1686

career ending
You are talking about Rice.
Neves was available for far less.

And if we were run as a football club we would not have got Ronaldo.
Just Neves or another DM.
And that’s where our recruitment is moronic. Neves came available but he was never on the short list for DM at the start of the season so we tried for out top targets, decided they were too expensive then decided not to sign anyone and go again next summer, like Sancho all over again. The money isn’t the issue, the club has taken the approach to stop buying what’s available after Di Maria, Falcao, Swienstiger etc came here and wasted everyone’s time and money.

Red Dreams

And that’s where our recruitment is moronic. Neves came available but he was never on the short list for DM at the start of the season so we tried for out top targets, decided they were too expensive then decided not to sign anyone and go again next summer, like Sancho all over again. The money isn’t the issue, the club has taken the approach to stop buying what’s available after Di Maria, Falcao, Swienstiger etc came here and wasted everyone’s time and money.
After Fergie and Gill left, the recruitment went to the toilet.
A Manager may suggest a player and banker Woodward made the decision.

Why we are in a mess.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What a nice parting cameo against West Ham.

Hopefully his career is back on track with Sevilla.

crossy1686

career ending
After Fergie and Gill left, the recruitment went to the toilet.
A Manager may suggest a player and banker Woodward made the decision.

Why we are in a mess.
Absolutely, this is what happens when you have a transfer committee that consists of money men. A decent manager should know the value of a player and the impact it would have on the squad paying him daft wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.