5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

That’s my point. I won’t blame anyone for being injury prone, it’s sad and I feel for those type of players. I accept it. What I can’t accept is the complete lack of form beetween injuries since.. years. Comes on, slow, negative body language, doesn’t care, no contribution at all. In real life, he would a company worker being on sick leave for weeks, then come back doing a shity job and leaves again.
We’re on the same page. It’s not a hard decision on what to do about Martial. Sell him for peanuts but if that’s not possible then let him run down his contract from his couch.

Kaos

He's precisely the reason we should be looking for not one but two strikers this summer.

Ideally we'd have gone for a Kane type signing along with a Hojlund understudy type, but I'm guessing we simply don't have the capital.

Otherwise we're relying on poppadom ankles Martial and hoping Rashford has another blinder of a season.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That’s my point. I won’t blame anyone for being injury prone, it’s sad and I feel for those type of players. I accept it. What I can’t accept is the complete lack of form beetween injuries since.. years. Comes on, slow, negative body language, doesn’t care, no contribution at all. In real life, he would a company worker being on sick leave for weeks, then come back doing a shity job and leaves again.
I'm not sure about that though.

I can't imagine regaining form after being injured is easy. Football is a confidence game so if you don't even have confidence in your body it's not gonna translate to confidence when kicking the ball, that then feeds your movements and instincts.

Rooney used to have huge spells after injury before he came good again. I'm in no way saying Martial is as good as Rooney was but it's similar stuff, he has the capabilities to make a real contribution to the team and works extremely well with Rashford when he's on form, it just takes time to get there and if you're constantly getting muscle strains and so on then you might never get to the stage of good form.

The extreme example of that would be a Sturridge type where we all knew his qualities but he just wouldn't dare play to get injured again. The mental side of it is huge.

I definitely think we're at the stage where he moves on but if you won't blame anyone for being injury prone then I don't think you can blame them for being out of form as a result.

Gandalf

We’re on the same page. It’s not a hard decision on what to do about Martial. Sell him for peanuts but if that’s not possible then let him run down his contract from his couch.
Sadly we don't have the luxury of leaving him on the couch although definitely we should not extend him, he should be no more than a bench option if fit. Hopefully we sign at least one CF and then with the emergence of Garnacho we could rotate Rashford through the middle with the new guy if needed and keep Martial for mid week cup games against lesser sides and maybe just to come on late in league games we are winning just to protect the starters from picking up knocks playing meaningless minutes when a game is won.

Status
Not open for further replies.