Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

He’s broken.

So fecking frustrating, but what can you do? Talk of selling him futile; nobody is taking him on until he can demonstrate his fitness over time.

Keep him on as support to whoever we bring in and call it a bonus if he manages to stay fit.

Sylar

Ey? Because of his conduct? He didn’t do much wrong unless ETH didn’t like his attempted rainbow flick. Defo didn’t get injured from it.
No, I think he hurt his hip? Hence why he was pissed off and then got subbed off right after in discomfort

Cas18

Think it's time to move him on in summer if we can get any takers. Shame because he was so promising when he first came.

lex talionis

Whatever it is this time, his fitness record is absurd. At least Phil Jones completely thrashed his knee so his extended absence (three season?) is understandable, but Anthony Martial has taken niggling injuries to epic levels.

WTHISGOINGON

I have never read so much bollocks in all my life.

Where is this overwhelming evidence?

Missing 18/19 games so far this season?

ETH praising Rashford for playing through the pain barrier v City whilst mentioning how Martial had to come off injured, how sometimes you get injured playing football, but the game goes on, deal with it?

The biggest laugh is you say he works hard.....does he feck. Weghorst runs 3 times as much as Martial at least. Martial is a luxury player, and even then his record in the last years in relation to games or goals is appalling for a team with any kind of aspiration. The crowd are shouting at him to press or run more during homes games, nearly as much as for De Gea to catch a ball. He's gone in the summer 100%, and we won't miss him in the slightest.

He might score another 5 goals this season and Martial FC will be saying he is back, we're saved. Then 1 game later hes out injured.. It's beyond ridiculous now, he like Saha with a quarter of the talent. Its in his head, if he gets kicked he has to come off and he's out for the week, a month, 3 months, whatever.
Weghorst almost everywhere

JohnnyKills

He had a good injury record from 2015-2019, and has been awful since then. Especially 2021 onwards.
Pogba had an average injury record 2016-19, and has had multiple long layoffs since.

What on earth did Ole do? And how were Bruno and Maguire immune??
It's a question that's definitely worth asking.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He had a good injury record from 2015-2019, and has been awful since then. Especially 2021 onwards.
Pogba had an average injury record 2016-19, and has had multiple long layoffs since.

Was it Ole or is it the players?

The latter I suspect, Rashford was rushed back from injury and overplayed but has anyone else's injury record been different from then to now?

Was McTominay ever injured during Ole's stint?

IWat

Whatever it is this time, his fitness record is absurd. At least Phil Jones completely thrashed his knee so his extended absence (three season?) is understandable, but Anthony Martial has taken niggling injuries to epic levels.
I wonder if his pain tolerance is just abnormally low? Pretty much every pro is playing with niggling issues. But then he had a spell where this wasn't happening. It makes little sense.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Was it Ole or is it the players?

The latter I suspect, Rashford was rushed back from injury and overplayed but has anyone else's injury record been different from then to now?

Was McTominay ever injured during Ole's stint?
Martial, Rashford, and Pogba from the first team. I think Shaw had issues initially but not for too long.
Two seem to be permanently gone, while the other two recovered

keener

Martial's injury record seems similar to the old Liverpool player Daniel Sturridge. Seemed to have potential to go to the next level but I think ether bad luck or more likely low pain tolerance led him to be unavailable so often during his career he just wasn't dependable enough for a top team to count on.

I find myself excited when Martial is "unavailable" though, if i'm honest. Let's move on....

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Our trainings and fitness were were very bad during Ole era. With poor fitness come injuries. And him (and Rashy) playing injured didn't help also.

Raven

Martial's injury record seems similar to the old Liverpool player Daniel Sturridge. Seemed to have potential to go to the next level but I think ether bad luck or more likely low pain tolerance led him to be unavailable so often during his career he just wasn't dependable enough for a top team to count on.

I find myself excited when Martial is "unavailable" though, if i'm honest. Let's move on....
:houllier:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Has to leave in the summer. Should've left years ago to be honest.

Sylar

Don't know why the structure of this sentence and the content itself made me laugh.

Ill watch the video above that @criticalanalysis posted in case it's in there but it's like what you say when you're pissed off or disappointed at somebody

MattofManchester

Is he not taking care of his conditioning? He can't even train a single session without being injured.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Don't know why the structure of this sentence and the content itself made me laugh.

Ill watch the video above that @criticalanalysis posted in case it's in there but it's like what you say when you're pissed off or disappointed at somebody
that is beyond annoying now. I feel for the player, but if you have 5 different injury problematic areał then something is not right

InfiniteBoredom

that is beyond annoying now. I feel for the player, but if you have 5 different injury problematic areał then something is not right
A serious knee or hamstring injury can have a cascading effect on different muscles groups on the body. Phil Jones is a prime example, no cartilage in his knee and then got a horde of different injuries whenever he came back.

If we don’t sell him then the club needs to devise a specific fitness regime to get him up to speed. He’s not even Saha at this point, more like Hargreaves.

Big_Bro

Could Eth consider a deal including Martial, the striker on probation for Victor Oshimen.

Raven

Good idea to watch the video, that's not at all the tone on the press conference.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Sometimes you are just unlucky with injuries. ETH was actually bit sympathetic when you actually see the interview

Glorio

Sometimes you are just unlucky with injuries. ETH was actually bit sympathetic when you actually see the interview
Funny how this completely contradicts all the baseless and nonsensical assertions that he's injured because he's lazy

Big_Bro

Would Napoli? And why would they?
Would Napoli? And why would they?

Why wouldn't they. They will lose Victor Oshimen soonest, top clubs who can afford Oshimen are few and most have strikers.

They might as well get a striker that might click in Serie A, with the slower pace he might be fortunate with injuries and a young juicy striker capable of becoming a world beater.

They better sell him, he's suited for Epl

InfiniteBoredom

Expect an apology from the ‘lazy, leech, sulker’ brigade any minute now.... (not really)

He didn’t come to us an injury prone player. Whatever his fault, the guy has every reason to feel aggrieved about the way his fitness has been managed under Ole.

Skills

Snitch
Expect an apology from the ‘lazy, leech, sulker’ brigade any minute now.... (not really)

He didn’t come to us an injury prone player. Whatever his fault, the guy has every reason to feel aggrieved about the way his fitness has been managed under Ole.
It was the equivalent of sticking a truck driver inside of a F1 car. Rashford and Pogba also had immaculate injury records prior to that abomination of a decision.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Expect yes but realistically all those morons won't ever have the decency to adress their initial views. Some truly idiotic takes were made in regards to Martial

Shark

@NotShark

Regardless of Martials intentions or what fans think the simple fact is that he's not available nearly enough and needs to be moved on.

InfiniteBoredom

Regardless of Martials intentions or what fans think the simple fact is that he's not available nearly enough and needs to be moved on.
And what does it have to do with the price of fish?

It’s up to EtH and the backroom staff to assess whether it’s worth persisting with him, but it would be nice for professed supporters of this club to refrain from abusing a player baselessly, or own up to their mistake when the head coach himself has repeatedly provided evidence to the contrary regarding the player’s attitude and application.

I expect the usual shite to be repeated nonetheless, whenever this thread is bumped in the future.

Strootman's Finger

Why? We clearly play better when he's in the team. His injury record is horrendous, and it needs to be addressed in the summer, but we are better off with him available.

OrcaFat

And what does it have to do with the price of fish?

It’s up to EtH and the backroom staff to assess whether it’s worth persisting with him, but it would be nice for professed supporters of this club to refrain from abusing a player baselessly, or own up to their mistake when the head coach himself has repeatedly provided evidence to the contrary regarding the player’s attitude and application.

I expect the usual shite to be repeated nonetheless, whenever this thread is bumped in the future.
Well said.

I’ve not been his biggest fan but he’s always had quality and his attitude is much better than some people think. It annoyed me greatly when certain posters were suggesting he’s injured because he doesn’t work hard enough (without any evidence of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.