Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Where the feck is he? Any news on his injury?

Is he actually injured or is Ten Hag another manager he doesn't seem to like for some reason? Because it wouldn't be the first time for sure. Knowing him he is probably hurt that we've signed Weghorst, since he is injured since we have signed Weghorst.
He has been injured, he’s not now.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
ETH has pretty much raved over him all season. Recently he said that they were taking it slower this time as they looked to build Martial back up, rather than bringing him straight back in as they had been doing earlier in the season when he would break down again almost immediately. We'll find out over the next couple of weeks whether it works or not.
I have read that, but what exactly was his injury?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
A hip injury.
Thanks.

I guess that's the newest one yet, he is probably turning into Phil Jones, all around injury prone player which we should be looking to cash in while he still has any value left.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thanks.

I guess that's the newest one yet, he is probably turning into Phil Jones, all around injury prone player which we should be looking to cash in while he still has any value left.
I wonder if they are not all linked. Last summer he had a hamstring injury which can cause hip pains which can lead to back pains/injuries. When you look at the injuries there seems to be a logic.

Stadjer

Where the feck is he? Any news on his injury?

Is he actually injured or is Ten Hag another manager he doesn't seem to like for some reason? Because it wouldn't be the first time for sure. Knowing him he is probably hurt that we've signed Weghorst, since he is injured since we have signed Weghorst.
Is this a new thing someone came up with? Martial doenst like the manager so he fakes an injury? :lol:

Might it be that he is just a injury prone player (like Phil Jones - or doesnt Phil Jones like his manager either?) and that is the reason he does get injured so often? All those injuries could have something to do with Ole playing him through injury which resulted in Martial being a broken footballer now.

All we know is that he is injured often, i dont think there is any indication that he doesnt like ETH and fakes injuries or didnt like any previous managers and faked injuries. Didnt Martial play his last game while he was unfit but still wanted to play for ETH? And wasnt he already injured before Weghorst joined? He has been injured most of the season so big chance he was already injured.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I wonder if they are not all linked. Last summer he had a hamstring injury which can cause hip pains which can lead to back pains/injuries. When you look at the injuries there seems to be a logic.
Yeah, them giving him more time to recover certainly gives that impression too, considering Ten Hag's comment on his injuries.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Martial doenst like the manager so he fakes an injury?
I literally said the opposite, maybe, just maybe he thinks Ten Hag doesn't like him. It wouldn't be the first time.

But other posters have answered the question anyway, so no reason for you to worry about someone talking bad about Martial.

Hackman2210

Lets just hope he comes back into the squad against Newcastle and finishes the season on fire. Then sell him in the summer for a decent fee. Cmon Ant - go out on your shield.

Vapor trail

Should be sold in the summer and with a first team signing as a replacement and a younger prospect to rotate with due to fixture / schedule demands. Ideally that's two strikers needed in that window though highly unlikely given the inflated fee's the last few years for centre forwards.

Red00012

Should be sold in the summer and with a first team signing as a replacement and a younger prospect to rotate with due to fixture / schedule demands. Ideally that's two strikers needed in that window though highly unlikely given the inflated fee's the last few years for centre forwards.
Best of luck trying to find a club who’s willing to pay his wages and pay a transfer fee the board are satisfied with . We are stuck with him.

crossy1686

career ending
Didn’t we try to release him last summer after the Sevilla debacle? If there was ever a time to let go of overpaid injury prone players, it’s this summer when we need to reign in our spending

El Zoido

Didn’t we try to release him last summer after the Sevilla debacle? If there was ever a time to let go of overpaid injury prone players, it’s this summer when we need to reign in our spending
Who’s going to buy a player on £250k a week that can only play 10 games a season? He’s got another year left on his contract.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No, he was an obvious first choice starter based on pre season, then got injured just in time for the first game.

antk

Which is why I specifically said we should release him like we tried to last summer.
So you'd rather pay Martial to never play again for United rather than have him available for at least a few games next season for the same price?

croadyman

Who’s going to buy a player on £250k a week that can only play 10 games a season? He’s got another year left on his contract.
Yeah we are absolutely lumbered,he shouldn't have been rushed back under Ole then maybe could have been available more

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He's been training with the team and is in contention for Sunday, according to EtH.

“He is training. So, for two weeks now.”

“I think he can be in the squad for Sunday.”

Last edited:

sugar_kane

So fecking good to know he is back soon. Will be sure to enjoy the 100 mins or so of game time before his next lengthy spell in the treatment room.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we can get Eriksen and Martial back fit and keep them until end of season, without any further significant injuries, then I think we will end strongly.

If we have to persist with Weghorst until June I don't think we win anything else tbh. He's just not good enough.

Bertie Wooster

We really need Martial back so it's great news that he's finally ready for a matchday squad.

It's just really hard not to temper that delight with the thought that his next injury absence probably won't be far away.

But hopefully he'll be able to chip in with some goals while fit, and there's always the faint hope *fingers crossed emoji* that he can somehow stay fit for the remaining couple of months.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Looking forward to his jogging for the next two matches.

BoulderDevil

martial is the glue for our attack. Hopefully with the varane treatment he will finish the season strong. Surely he will have his minutes managed over the next few weeks.

Idxomer

He will stay fit till the end of the season, you can quote me on that.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
won't believe it till i see him on a squad sheet starting xi warm-ups kick off moving forwards after kick off.

PoTMS

He'll be on the bench for Newcastle then injured again in time for Brentford.

Status
Not open for further replies.