5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

How can a professional footballer be such a coward ? It just seems unreal for me. Have some guts you little kid.

Zoo

He doesn’t look fit at all. Physically broken and can’t ever see him being 100%

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Pathetic player. He should be fighting to prove to the manager that he’s the clubs first choice number 9.

Wayne's World

We are playing a player who was deem not good enough for Sevilla last season so what do we expect?

I'd release him from his contract to be honest, another waster like Phil Jones

foolsgold

When he came on were down to 10 players effectively. I don't think he touched the ball for 20 minutes after coming on.

grahamo

Terrible. His mentality is way off what an elite athlete should be. He should be coming on with a point to prove but he strolls around nonchalantly!

Woodywizz

Words fail me as to how badly he performed. How many times is he going to be given an opportunity to stake a claim to remain with the club - he’s been given countless opportunities and he fails to deliver each and every time. Surely ETH and his assistants must be sat there watching the match and thinking exactly what is plainly evident for all to see - that he’s lethargic, disinterested and shows absolutely no fighting spirit. Has to be disposed of in the summer.

Guv77

Looks like he peaked in the first 45mins vs Seville at home.

r1z3mu

Sevilla reject is our main striker (when not injured) and we were talking about treble a few weeks ago. There is a reason we are not even close to winning PL or CL - Martial, Sancho, VDB, Jones, Williams, Maguire and list goes on.

Rossa

Has he lost a lot of speed? I don’t think he was ever that rapid over distance, but he’s looking quite leggy. Considering dribbling is a big part of his game, losing acceleration and/or agility can considerably impair his game.

lex talionis

What we saw yesterday from Anthony Jordan Martial, age 27, was shocking beyond belief. No, there were no fumbled traps and the like, but the absence of any intensity whatsoever was appalling. The game was still on the knife's edge when he came on and every ball that's there to be won must be fought for. But we saw none of that, no passion and not even the slightest of interest.

Our shirt is red, not yellow.

Last edited:

arthurka

FC Martial is all but disappearing. Who knows we might actually replace him this summer.

Zen86

He is what he is and he'll never change. He's a talented player no doubt and can run riot under the right conditions, but he isn't a fighter and he never has been.

Irwin99

Think he will stay next season to run down his contract and be a third or fourth choice striker which is fine.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I still have hope.

It is probably what will kill me, but there it is.

justsomebloke

He just gives the impression he cant be arsed. We cant have that in our team when Ten Hag's demanding we go to war in every game and fight for the cause.
What, the same Ten Hag who went on record recently saying we're a better team when he plays?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Has he lost a lot of speed? I don’t think he was ever that rapid over distance, but he’s looking quite leggy. Considering dribbling is a big part of his game, losing acceleration and/or agility can considerably impair his game.
For me it's obvious he is shying away from duels and running at full speed, but in the end you can't blame him or Ten Hag(Ten Hag probably instructed him to do that) with Weghorst on the bench.

Ideally, he should be no more than squad player though, and not as striker either because he is not available enough, but more as backup wide player or third choice stiker. I think for next year we should probably pick one of him or Sancho to sell, I don't see the point of both for that left side, especially if we bring new striker, that left wide position will be Rashford's position 9 games out of 10.

justsomebloke

For me it's obvious he is shying away from duels and running at full speed, but in the end you can't blame him or Ten Hag(Ten Hag probably instructed him to do that) with Weghorst on the bench.

Ideally, he should be no more than squad player though, and not as striker either because he is not available enough, but more as backup wide player or third choice stiker. I think for next year we should probably pick one of him or Sancho to sell, I don't see the point of both for that left side, especially if we bring new striker, that left wide position will be Rashford's position 9 games out of 10.
And when it isn't, it'll be Garnachos. If there's one thing we don't need, it's another left forward.

Realistically, I think Martial goes, if we can shift him (his wages are very nearly prohibitive). He's not mentally suited to being a backup (which he's said himself), and he doesn't have the durability to be No 1. Also, given how poor he was the previous two seasons, he also hasn't proven the level for that. The fact he had that chance this season is only because we couldn't afford to invest in the position.

For the rest of this season though, he's by far our best option at striker, if Rashford's playing on the left.

Rossa

I have thought the same, that he might by shying away from running at full pelt; considering his injury record, it is understandable. Giggs never ran at full speed after the age of 20, if I recall correctly. However, he still blitzed past players for fun, so I guess that says something about his true potential. Martial, in addition to, as you say shy away from duels, isn't playing with intensity.

His technique is sublime, but it's time for him to go.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Very good at hitting shots straight at the goalkeeper. His finishing has gone to crap.

el3mel

I can't endure seeing this fraud playing for us any longer. It's actually more annoying than the shit results.

Get rid, please.

Zoo

I’ll say it again he’s broken physically. He still has the odd moment of class but we can’t go on relying on him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Despise watching him play so much, lazy, no heart, no urgency. If Ten Hag chooses to keep useless players like him, Fred etc. he will get what he deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.