5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FerociousCorgis

Even when he was poor in the past you could generally bank on him tucking it away when through 1 on 1 but it was such a poor finish the other night

I've no hard feelings toward the guy but it's surely done for him here now
wasnt even missing just the absolute lack of composure. He literally just blasted it right into the keeper. If he tries to hit the corner but something goes wrong i at least get that

Raven

Even when he was poor in the past you could generally bank on him tucking it away when through 1 on 1 but it was such a poor finish the other night

I've no hard feelings toward the guy but it's surely done for him here now
It wasn't great but we do see loads of top players fluff chances like that.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

While I agree that he probably won’t be the solution it is pretty difficult to score goals as number 9 with Rashford and Antony on either side who should be your most important assist givers.
Also when we play Weghorst it is as if we are one man short. Defenders can just ignore him for the most part.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
While I agree that he probably won’t be the solution it is pretty difficult to score goals as number 9 with Rashford and Antony on either side who should be your most important assist givers.
Also when we play Weghorst it is as if we are one man short. Defenders can just ignore him for the most part.
Rashford is on 29 goals and carried us all season, the fact you try to use him as an excuse for Martial's shiteness is just shameful. Martial FC has to go.

Stadjer

Rashford is on 29 goals and carried us all season, the fact you try to use him as an excuse for Martial's shiteness is just shameful. Martial FC has to go.
Rashford might have cost us last game by not passing when he should have. Its perfectly reasonable to point out that it will be hard for any CF to be a succes with our wide players. Im sure Kane would do better than Martial but Kane is world class and Martial is not. Its not an excuse for Martial but it certainly doesnt help Martial to play with two fairly selfish wide players next to him.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Rashford might have cost us last game by not passing when he should have. Its perfectly reasonable to point out that it will be hard for any CF to be a succes with our wide players. Im sure Kane would do better than Martial but Kane is world class and Martial is not. Its not an excuse for Martial but it certainly doesnt help Martial to play with two fairly selfish wide players next to him.
Would you pass to Martial in the form he is in?

West Ham 1:0 Man Utd

UnitedRepublic

We need a midfielder that progress the ball the way he does when he drops deep and the way he gives the passes in those tight spaces thats the balls he need to get he always gets ignored there by our players always in those tight spaces no pass to him always a back pass or we’re just holding the ball to long.

flappyjay

We need a midfielder that progress the ball the way he does when he drops deep and the way he gives the passes in those tight spaces thats the balls he need to get he always gets ignored there by our players always in those tight spaces no pass to him always a back pass or we’re just holding the ball to long.
Our players are just horrible at give and goes, the don't understand the concept. The one time someone was smart enough to give it back we got a shot.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Spent half an hour being utter crap and fannying around outside the box.

Spent injury time realising it might be of interest to try get into the box.

UnitedRepublic

Spent half an hour being utter crap and fannying around outside the box.

Spent injury time realising it might be of interest to try get into the box.
Fannying about because no one can progress a ball forward in the team who do you expect to pass him in tight space in this team he made sure he got involved by dropping deep or else people like you would say he did nothing, of course because no one played a ball to him only chance he got was because of his own doing and a corner wake up start using your brain when you watch football. Ask one question and that question is why, start there and you will find the answers or maybe not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Have been a big defender but he looks totally finished now. I think this season was a last opportunity for him but he never got a chance to get any momentum due to constant injuries. Even after the first one or two comebacks, he still looked sharper and hungry, however it’s as if the injuries have taken their toll physically and also mentally. He seems less confident.

He’s also turned into a fecking central midfielder for some reason. I’m not sure what it is with all these strikers who want to play in midfield.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Fannying about because no one can progress a ball forward in the team who do you expect to pass him in tight space in this team he made sure he got involved by dropping deep or else people like you would say he did nothing, of course because no one played a ball to him only chance he got was because of his own doing and a corner wake up start using your brain when you watch football. Ask one question and that question is why, start there and you will find the answers or maybe not.
If he's not up top who can we build off? And his passing/ build up was terrible when he was deep, so what was the point?

And Maybe you should be less high and mighty and respect different opinions?

Castia

How many years of shite and injuries? I was done with Martial a long time ago. He’s one of the highest paid strikers in Europe so we’re stuck with the feking shitter.

Oranges038

He's like that guy at 5 aside, who shows up every now and again, usually doesn't pay and does feck all but occasionally produce a bit of magic, like score a cracking game volley or little bit of skill and lives off it until the next time he does it in 6 months.

Ash_G

Have been a big defender but he looks totally finished now. I think this season was a last opportunity for him but he never got a chance to get any momentum due to constant injuries. Even after the first one or two comebacks, he still looked sharper and hungry, however it’s as if the injuries have taken their toll physically and also mentally. He seems less confident.

He’s also turned into a fecking central midfielder for some reason. I’m not sure what it is with all these strikers who want to play in midfield.
Yeah I'm with you, I always felt there was potential there but mentally and physically he just doesn't seem to have it.

That said I still feel that if we could just get a bit more balance in our team e.g. less trying to beat the offside trap from deep, have the fullbacks not push so far forward and centrally, both which contribute to us being exposed when we don't get the pass right and not getting our best players in the more threatening positions, I think we could carry Martial until the end of the season where we need to upgrade. The one thing he does, although appreciate sometimes he can get it wrong, is slow things down and add a bit of patience to the attack which I don't think is always the worst thing as we have a lot of players who are overly risky when we do get a good chance.

UnitedRepublic

If he's not up top who can we build off? And his passing/ build up was terrible when he was deep, so what was the point?

And Maybe you should be less high and mighty and respect different opinions?
I don’t know what you are trying to build with him being isolated against a packed defence and We barely can penetrate them is Bruno a good ball carrier ? Is Casemiro ? Can Rashford open up play with his passing ? When you can answer those questions you will understand why he was dropping deep. He never missplaced a pass today every singel pass went to the player it was meant to go to so I don’t even know what you are talking about If you are talking about the Lindelöf situation thats on Lindelöf.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I don’t know what you are trying to build with him being isolated against a packed defence and We barely can penetrate them is Bruno a good ball carrier ? Is Casemiro ? Can Rashford open up play with his passing ? When you can answer those questions you will understand why he was dropping deep.
Can Martial do any of those things from midfield? No he can't.

Can we maybe try get a ball to him in the box/play off him in and around the box if he's up there? Yes we can

BorisManUtd

Injuries ruined him to a large extent. I'd sell Martial and get another backup striker if possible come summer, though we'll have another priorities probably (starting ST, midfielder etc).

Superunknown

Not going to defend this guy. There always seems to be a very convenient excuse why he doesn't perform or play well. Oh, he's just come back from injury, he's out of form, he's still injured, the midfield aren't doing enough, his cat is sick, the other plays aren't on his wavelength, somebody ate his last rolo.

He's deadweight. Don't even care if he was slightly better than the other attackers (who were shit anyway, so the bar is already low), it's just old and boring having to rely on the unreliable.

UnitedRepublic

Can Martial do any of those things from midfield? No he can't.

Can we maybe try get a ball to him in the box/play off him in and around the box if he's up there? Yes we can
You must have not watched the game thats exactly what he was doing he brought the urgency in the play he made sure the ball went forward and not side ways and backwards. There is no need to talk to people like you, you belive what you want to belive even though thats not the truth.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Standard type of performance really.
Wandered around, a few one twos, once or twice danced through and had a shot, but you never felt too confident.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
You must have not watched the game thats exactly what he was doing he brought the urgency in the play he made sure the ball went forward and not side ways and backwards. There is no need to talk to people like you, you belive what you want to belive even though thats not the truth.
:lol:

Oh yeah our urgency was off the charts when he came on. Nearly passed out I could barely keep up with what i was seeing.

You're not going to talk to me because I have a different opinion to you? What are you? 12 years old?

UnitedRepublic

:lol:

Oh yeah our urgency was off the charts when he came on. Nearly passed out I could barely keep up with what i was seeing.

You're not going to talk to me because I have a different opinion to you? What are you? 12 years old?
It’s not about opinions it’s about facts and what can be seen on the pitch it’s about the eyes it’s not about opinions it’s not up for debate. It’s like me saying De Gea did well enough for the goal it was a wonderful strike he couldn’t do much more thats the way you are sounding by the way.

The United

I thought he was decent, but his positioning was weird. It was probably an instruction from ETH. He went way deep to collect the ball and stayed mostly on the left side. And that miss from Bruno's corner...

el3mel

You're the one who didn't watch the game.

DickDastardly

I thought he was decent, but his positioning was weird. It was probably an instruction from ETH. He went way deep to collect the ball and stayed mostly on the left side. And that miss from Bruno's corner...
He's good at that.

That's his only forte in the game. That and the tight space ball control dribbling.

Still lacks in lot of things needed to be a top PL forward.
Fitness and injury resistance being no.1

The United

He's good at that.

That's his only forte in the game. That and the tight space ball control dribbling.

Still lacks in lot of things needed to be a top PL forward.
Fitness and injury resistance being no.1
He is good at that, but I was not expecting him to go that deep. I thought we put him ahead of everyone to cause chaos within their CBs. But he didn't stay there much. Just weird instructions if he was given those.

Abraxas

Not great but it was a damn sight more effective than when Wout was on the pitch. I just don't get why he isn't playing closer to the opponents box more. That's where you score goals, Anthony.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It’s not about opinions it’s about facts and what can be seen on the pitch it’s about the eyes it’s not about opinions it’s not up for debate. It’s like me saying De Gea did well enough for the goal it was a wonderful strike he couldn’t do much more thats the way you are sounding by the way.
Think you need to learn what facts are... Don't think Benitez is up to much these days, he might be a good guy to learn off.

youngrell

For what it’s worth, I agree with you. We were crying out for someone to try and take the game by the scruff and surprisingly Martial seemed to be the only one willing to do so. All our midfielders were hiding and the centre backs had no clue what to do as they had no options.

Felt like we barely seen our front 4 in the second half until he came on and forced some forward play out of them. Still, it wasn’t nearly enough, sadly.

FerociousCorgis

He has to love WW. Makes him look so much better. Once again he did some nice things but just not enough finishing

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah I'm with you, I always felt there was potential there but mentally and physically he just doesn't seem to have it.

That said I still feel that if we could just get a bit more balance in our team e.g. less trying to beat the offside trap from deep, have the fullbacks not push so far forward and centrally, both which contribute to us being exposed when we don't get the pass right and not getting our best players in the more threatening positions, I think we could carry Martial until the end of the season where we need to upgrade. The one thing he does, although appreciate sometimes he can get it wrong, is slow things down and add a bit of patience to the attack which I don't think is always the worst thing as we have a lot of players who are overly risky when we do get a good chance.
I’m the opposite I think, which is the fundamental reason I’ve said I think I’d prefer an alternative option to Kane. I think Rashford sticks out like a sore thumb in our attack, and every hope of penetration is basically just the Marcus Rashford show. Aside from him, everyone else seems to want to occupy the same area and not stretch the opposition, apart from Antony sometimes.

Pickle85

You don't have a clue and you can't spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.