Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replenish

Is he back for Monday?

I don't think it's a coincidence our pre season from looked good when he was playing, and if you think back to the brief periods under Van Gaal and Ole when we were playing better football, Martial was always a big part of that. I really do think he brings balance to our attack in terms of holding up the ball and linking up play which Rashford appears incapable of doing.

I hope we either see Martial up front with Sancho to the right of him and possibly Garnacho to the left. We are limited there but anyone is better than Rashford right now. If not that I'd hope to see Martial left, Ronaldo up front and Sancho right. That's comfortably our best front 3.

SirScholes

I can’t fathom how anyone can be pleased he’s back for Liverpool
If our hopes rest in martial then we’re doomed

EtH

He can actually hold the ball up. So there’s that at least. But yeah. You’re not wrong.

city-puma

You must be glad to see him perform badly. A lot here still remember fondly on his debut for us he scored against pool and won us the game.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agreed. It's awful to have one more option, that kind of thing should never happen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nah I'd rather have the 37 year old who doesn't run off the ball and just complains and shakes his head all game and then can't be bothered to clap the fans off as if he's better than the rest as he walks off after his shit performances

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
An in-form Martial is a good all-round striker who tends to bring out the best in the attackers around him. He's had a terrible last two seasons but there were signs in preseason that he might be getting back into form. Whether he can continue that or if it proves to only be preseason form, it's something we won't know until he gets a run of games.

Stadjer

Since he went to Sevilla he will make his second debut in the Premier League right? We all know how his first debut in the Premier League against Liverpool went. Believe! Martial is going to trigger that gold balloon clause!

Giggsyking

Yes, exactly, I would rather have a manchild upfront who does not want to be at the club in the first place.

SirScholes

You must be glad to see him perform badly. A lot here still remember fondly on his debut for us he scored against pool and won us the game.
Why? Stupid comment
I wanted him ti be a huge success and he’s been nothing but a sulking waste of talent ?
I want him sold

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Slow hand clap, mate he’s been dog shit for years
He’s not been an option for years
Which explains why we both agree that having more options for the Liverpool game is a bad thing and we are both wishing that he won't be available. We are on the same team here.

SirScholes

Which explains why we both agree that having more options for the Liverpool game is a bad thing and we are both wishing that he won't be available. We are on the same team here.
An in-form Martial is a good all-round striker who tends to bring out the best in the attackers around him. He's had a terrible last two seasons but there were signs in preseason that he might be getting back into form. Whether he can continue that or if it proves to only be preseason form, it's something we won't know until he gets a run of games.
Let’s get Phil Jones on as well it’s his year

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because we battered a few teams were were weeks ahead of training wise, people have made the false assumption that with Martial we're world beaters, and with Ronaldo, non league.

If only it was that one player switch that sorted it all out!

AlexUTD

One of our better players in pre season, he and Sancho was on fire together.

He also has a connection with Bruno.

He is way better than Rashford technically, better infront of goal, can hold the ball well and overall play better but yeah why would we be happy that he is back! :wenger: :houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier: NO AGENDA HERE LADS!

SirScholes

One of our better players in pre season, he and Sancho was on fire together.

He also has a connection with Bruno.

He is way better than Rashford technically, better infront of goal, can hold the ball well and overall play better but yeah why would we be happy that he is back! :wenger: :houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier: NO AGENDA HERE LADS!
Because he is t back, we spanked Liverpool in preseason and got spanked of Brentford in the league
Stop embarrassing yourself with this “he was good in ore season” and actually he was alright, he wasn’t exactly amazing he got a couple tap ins

Trequarista10

Using a maligned incongruity undermines any attempt, even if there was an attempt, at sacasm. Reading isn't the issue, framing for quality sarcacm is an issue.
Mate you misread the post, or part of it at least. The post said that Ronaldo, not Martial, is the clinical finisher, adding sarcastically the team needs a clinical finisher to convert the numerous chances we create.

Greck

He def shouldn't start on monday. Massive trapdoor game. Presence will be blamed for the impending 5 nil defeat. Supporters of both strikers should be fighting to have their guy benched for this one

Frank White

He def shouldn't start on monday. Massive trapdoor game. Presence will be blamed for the impending 5 nil defeat.
Nah, if he's the best player in his position as it's been pointed out in here multiple times then you play your strongest team against our biggest rivals. I mean he did it in pre-season against this lot so he should be able to replicate it right?

Posh Red

Mate you misread the post, or part of it at least. The post said that Ronaldo, not Martial, is the clinical finisher, adding sarcastically the team needs a clinical finisher to convert the numerous chances we create.
I tried explaining this but ended up getting an extremely random response and gave up :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Preseasons is never a good indication, but lets hope he does get back to form soon.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I'm back in. Feasting good tonight. When he is in top condition he can mix it with the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.