Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he starts personally. He’s always been class against City. Think he might drop Sancho out.

Marwood

You can’t rely on any player who has a damaged achilles. It happens to be Martial now.
Problem is it happens to be Martial a lot.

Which is why self inflicted or not, he is unreliable.

There can't be anyone who would consider Martial reliable.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
700,000 subscribers down the drain
Mark Goldbridge, wrong again
Is he the guy that goes into meltdowns whenever Ronaldo isn't "respected" or what's not? Maybe his info was just a reflection of his wishful thinking having both Martial and Rashford unavailable so he could see Ronaldo starts the City game.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Feel so much more confident with him on the pitch up top over Rashford. Please stay fit Tony!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Thank you to Martial. Hope he starts every game from now on, keeps fit and keeps scoring.

InfiniteBoredom

If he was fit enough to start then not starting him is a rather major blunder. I don’t think they’ve ever pasted us yet when he’s starting.

Idxomer

He's the only striker we have which is amusing considering a lot of fans still don't consider him one.

RuudtheRed

Deserves to start as our #9. Has more about him than Rashford apart from pace.

RORY65

He looked good in pre-season and really sharp when he came on against Liverpool and again today. We've seen enough that he's not going to be good enough to be the long-term solution but for this year he's probably our best hope up front.

Nep77

He should start and will start soon enough when he is fit, I would also like us to go back and play 3 in the middle with Casemiro as base and eriksen and someone else beside him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think the plan for Ten Hag has always been to start him as our #9. He hasn't been fit. If he can be fit, he'll be our main striker. I've said it a million times, he's the only in our squad who knows how to play with his back to goal and hold up the ball, and that's absolutely vital for the style we want to play.

Hope he stays fit. It sucks to rely on him as his fitness record is horrendous, but that's where we are and why I was hoping for someone like Morata in the summer.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He should start and will start soon enough when he is fit, I would also like us to go back and play 3 in the middle with Casemiro as base and eriksen and someone else beside him.
Probably will next week. No way we stick with this XI after today. Won’t have a choice anyway with Varane injured but no chance we play so open in the middle again.

Lecland07

He did fine, but we do have to remember that four of City's best players were subbed off before then. They also had the game won and didn't play with the same intensity.

Just putting this here before people get too excited.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He did fine, but we do have to remember that four of City's best players were subbed off before then. They also had the game won and didn't play with the same intensity.

Just putting this here before people get too excited.
Absolutely. Both were garbage time , meaningless goals in the context of the game.

However he showed a few important things. Strikers instinct and the ability to hold the ball and win penalties. If he stays fit our attack goes up a level.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
My MotM. He lacked everything but knows where the goals at.

Greck

That would have been the most Haaland hattrick ever. Even the non-involvement.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I don't even care about his goals(though good for his confidence), it's the fact that when the ball is passed to him with someone on his back, it's not an automatic loss of possession.

Came in and easily played with someone tight on his back, managed to pass the ball through pressure on his back and wasn't wasting possession. A striker that can actually play football is always refreshing to see.

Borussia Teeth

He should be our starting striker. At least until we buy a new one. Far superior to Rashford and Ronaldo in that position.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Thought he was poor for the first 15 minutes or so, and I was worried the enforced break had knocked him out of the good form he showed at the beginning of the season. Of course with how the game was going he didn't have much of a chance. Obviously he kicked on as the match went on and hopefully he can take that confidence forward with him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Great to have him back. He will make a massive difference to this current team and the way e want to play. Of that I’m convinced.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't even care about his goals(though good for his confidence), it's the fact that when the ball is passed to him with someone on his back, it's not an automatic loss of possession.

Came in an easily played with someone tight on his back, managed to pass the ball through pressure on his back and wasn't wasting possession. A striker that can actually play football is always refreshing to see.
In terms of keeping hold of the ball he's one of the best we have. That's precisely what we need - more players who don't panic, can deal with congested spaces and dont or over / under hit easy passes like a bunch of amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.