Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think they're similar at all. This is what Martial at his best provides to a team (stats from 20/21 as he hasn't played much football since - and that was a poor season).
This is Toney in the same category:

Martial is much, much better on the ball and he's far more creative. I don't think Toney would ever be able to create that goal for Rashford against Liverpool for instance.
Sorry I prefer to go by the eye test, and Toney is excellent and holding up the ball and linking others into play. Brentford love to play long balls into him for that exact reason.

Who else would you suggest that is available and perform a similar role? there's not exactly a huge selection.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Has now moved ahead of his Compatriot Cantona in all time goals for us.

LordSpud

Cant wait to see him knuckle down and get back to his best. Now he knows where Ten Hag sees Ronaldo, and the likelihood that he goes if not in Jan then definitely in the Summer, I can see Martial coming out with a smile on his face and giving it all and making himself readily available.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
19/20 Martial was a top class with 17 league goals and 7 league assists without a single penalty. Can he just at least do 19/20 in the next 4 years please? I really miss that 19/20 Martial.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
That penalty was a thing of beauty! He really didn’t need to add the curl to it, given how accurate it was, but it was the cherry on the top. Unsaveable.

Glorio

Cant wait to see him knuckle down and get back to his best. Now he knows where Ten Hag sees Ronaldo, and the likelihood that he goes if not in Jan then definitely in the Summer, I can see Martial coming out with a smile on his face and giving it all and making himself readily available.
Not sure what this means. Do you reckon he hasn't been making himself readily available?

It's been obvious to anyone who's been following the team since ETH that Martial is his first choice striker.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Sorry I prefer to go by the eye test, and Toney is excellent and holding up the ball and linking others into play. Brentford love to play long balls into him for that exact reason.

Who else would you suggest that is available and perform a similar role? there's not exactly a huge selection.
I agree that Toney would be quality here and is a quality hold up play striker, but Martial clearly has a bit more to his game on the technical side even if he isn't as good of a pure goalscorer.

Valencia Shin Crosses

19/20 Martial was a top class with 17 league goals and 7 league assists without a single penalty. Can he just at least do 19/20 in the next 4 years please? I really miss that 19/20 Martial.
Was the best striker in the league that year when fit imo, just never got any plaudits because Bruno hype was huge at the time as well as Green wood bursting onto the scene post lockdown.

croadyman

Much as we need someone who can bully defenders, hold up the ball but also link play Tony has a habit of sulking when he's not the main man

criticalanalysis

The way Shearer used to score them. Perfect penalty.
If you mean that by 'it went to the corner' yeah but then you could have used any other player to compared it to. Shearer's was well known for his penalty technique because he was very accurate and powerful as he laced it/used the front of his foot. Think of the way Scholes used to take them/long shots i.e his body was more upright and very surefooted. Martial's penalty was entirely side footed! Like if you play Fifa and use max shot power whilst holding down the finesse button :drool:

Real Name

If you mean that by 'it went to the corner' yeah but then you could have used any other player to compared it to. Shearer's was well known for his penalty technique because he was very accurate and powerful as he laced it/used the front of his foot. Think of the way Scholes used to take them/long shots i.e his body was more upright and very surefooted. Martial's penalty was entirely side footed! Like if you play Fifa and use max shot power whilst holding down the finesse button :drool:
Yeah, I havent noticed that about Martial's one.
Even more beuatiful then. :)

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Centre forward please. Right wing is a complete waste and I can only imagine how well he may link up with Rashford and Antony.

slored1

:drool::drool::drool::drool: What a player when he's in form, the ball sticks to him like glue.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Please stay fit. Our only CF who can actually function as a CF.

Balljy

That little burst and piece of skill was the Martial we bought years ago. Really promising stuff.

Sylar

Basically need him playing up front. Will make a difference against better teams too and better defences

Also we need another striker like him (but one that stays fit)

criticalanalysis

Never again on the right please
:lol:

It won't need to be mentioned because he scored and we won the game but his involvement after being moved there was spectacularly bad in hindsight.

We've got a goat to feed so fair dues. Very tricky situation for ETH.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I hope Ten Hag doesn't dump him on the right ever again. It's a waste of everyone's time. He's simply ineffective there, let's just stop trying to pander to Ronaldo, face reality and accept that he's washed.

Put the guy centrally and let him cook. He showed how dangerous he is centrally with his first touch of the ball by scoring a goal, then get shafted on the right to accommodate Ronaldo who should have been subbed out a long time ago. If you're gonna bring Martial to play on the right then better leave him on the bench and let Antony play there. Ronaldo shouldn't be playing as our CF in any game we take seriously if Martial is fit.

Never again on the right please
Wasted his night.

Glorio

Wonderful player - unfairly shifted to the right to accommodate the one that should not be named

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Been saying for years - our best football post-SAF has come with him in the side.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
I hope he stays fit and arsed for most of the season. Becoming fairly obvious that our attack improves by miles with him around. I know he didn't play cf today but he was good till we moved him to the right. Could have had 1-2 goal contributions from the right as well if not for the winner of the fan contest playing upfront for us today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Martial and Rashford rediscovering their link up that led to our best attacking play post Sir Alex is great to see

Rolaholic

So glad he's back in form and fit, he seems tailor made to ETH's system and he'll be integral to our attack this season when he's out there. We're much more dangerous and Rashford seems his best out wide on the left

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford looking better. Martial back at it. Luke Shaw looks like he's coming back in the team now too.

Just call him Ole Gunnar Ten Hag.

tomaldinho1

Such a talented player. Keep him fit and don’t drop him for old blokes and he’ll be right up there for golden boot 2nd place trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.