Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Nothing story, but concerning/annoying that it has leaked to the media.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Last time Giroud played a World cup he didn't score a single goal. Preferring him over a ballon d'or level player is asinine. :lol:
That's a good sign though. France win the World Cup when their main striker doesn't score a goal.

Guivarc'h didn't in 1998, Giroud in 2018.

nainaisson

The press making a mountain out of a mole hill here. This stuff happens all the time, a nothing story to generate clicks.
Simon Mullock is the same idiot who reported as fact what he read on a parody football news website. I wouldn't be surprised if he just made the whole thing up for clicks.

Chairman Steve

That type of thing must happen at least once a month in every club around the world. Unless its like something like John Hartson and Eyal Berkovic, it’s not worth looking into.

Dr. StrangeHate

So Benzema and Nkunu injured and Deschamps is not going to take Martial. Must be heart breaking. What a tool this guy is. Now France is added to my crash out of the group stage along with Portugal.

phelans shorts

Last time Giroud played a World cup he didn't score a single goal. Preferring him over a ballon d'or level player is asinine. :lol:
And France won that World Cup after going up about 5 levels when they brought Giroud into the side for Ousmane Dembele.

Successful teams are usually greater than the sum of their parts.
As always my bigger concern with bollocks like this is what eejit has leaked it
Wasn’t there a thing the other year where the trees next to our first team pitch had been cut down so things could be seen from outside? Probably a photographer seeing a nothing incident

Chief123

And France won that World Cup after going up about 5 levels when they brought Giroud into the side for Ousmane Dembele.

Successful teams are usually greater than the sum of their parts.
Yep similar to how when France won the World Cup in 1998 and had a striker who no one ever remembers play up front the whole World Cup. Guivarche!

Zidane, Henry, Vieira and Petit stole all the headlines.

phelans shorts

Yep similar to how when France won the World Cup in 1998 and had a striker who no one ever remembers play up front the whole World Cup. Guivarche!

Zidane, Henry, Vieira and Petit stole all the headlines.
I’m sure I heard something recently that Guivarch’h now sells jacuzzis for a living. Imagine a relatively recent World Cup winner turning up as a salesman like that.

Chief123

I’m sure I heard something recently that Guivarch’h now sells jacuzzis for a living. Imagine a relatively recent World Cup winner turning up as a salesman like that.
:lol:

I imagine Kleberson who was a starter and World Cup champion to be doing something like that. Selling flowers in Rio now!

Mmm-Qatarian

Absolute nothing story. The boy went in too hard, Martial got angry in the heat of the moment, the two made up afterwards, everybody moves on.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As others have already said....these things happen a lot more than we realise and it's only highlighted more now because of social media and 24/7 news etc.

However is it too much to ask for this club to just have a few days off from being a bleeding soap opera? I can't take anymore. Hahahaha

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So a mistimed tackle, got a bit heated and now they're getting on with it.

Slow news day or what?

At least it's not a Nkunku / Camavinga situation

Red00012

So a mistimed tackle, got a bit heated and now they're getting on with it.

Slow news day or what?

At least it's not a Nkunku / Camavinga situation
How did it make the media though I thought all our bad eggs had left , gone on loan or are at the WC

Adam-Utd

How did it make the media though I thought all our bad eggs had left , gone on loan or are at the WC
sadly still somebody trying to make a few quid it seems.

Probably a family member of 1 of the youth lads who heard it 2nd hand or something.

Dust ups in training happen quite regularly

foolsgold

Like the sound of this boy Dan Gore, always promising when young players are confident enough to stand up to the established stars.

NoPace

Canadian version, I rented a basement apartment for a month from a real estate agent who scored in a friendly against Real Madrid. I was more excited than he was about it though.

poleglass red

Nothing wrong at all with this, bit of aggression reportedly being shown by Martial. If there was one player we'd like to see a bit more fight from, it's him. Reportedly the issue was quickly resolved, just the press trying to create a club in crisis headline, not long after the Ronaldo interview.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wrap that guy up in bubble wrap until the season resumes, he's too important and fragile to risk in too many meaningless games. I hope he can find a way to stay healthy, because he's shown he can be impactful under Ten Hag and with CR7 out of the picture, there's not a lot of options left.

Adam-Utd

He looked really sharp IMO.

His touch and passing was solid, really good movement to get on the ball regularly. Played a lovely 1-2 with Iqbal for the penalty.

He's genuinely a very good false 9.

Adam-Utd

If he can stay fit and keep his head on
We can only hope - but i'm just not sure he's got a body that can last 60 games a season without breaking down.

That's why it's important we get adequate cover so he doesn't have to. Some players just have to be rotated to be kept in good condition.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He looked really sharp IMO.

His touch and passing was solid, really good movement to get on the ball regularly. Played a lovely 1-2 with Iqbal for the penalty.

He's genuinely a very good false 9.
I don't think he's a false 9. There are different way to play the position. His hold up play is as good as anyone out there imo.

Adam-Utd

I don't think he's a false 9. There are different way to play the position. His hold up play is as good as anyone out there imo.
Describe it how you like but I agree on the hold up part. There is no coincidence we played our best football with Martial as a 9.

Chief123

He looked so sharp and exciting. Please please just stay fit. His hold up play and ability to take the ball under pressure and then turn and drive with it is so so valuable. It changes the dynamic of our attacks.

Skills

Snitch
He looked so sharp and exciting. Please please just stay fit. His hold up play and ability to take the ball under pressure and then turn and drive with it is so so valuable. It changes the dynamic of our attacks.
As simple as it sounds, this is the hardest skillset to find in football at the moment. Players who can take ball in pressure, and actually then face towards the opposition goal.

Chief123

As simple as it sounds, this is the hardest skillset to find in football at the moment. Players who can take ball in pressure, and actually then face towards the opposition goal.
Without a doubt. There’s no price you can put on a striker who can take a ball under pressure and effectively progress the play. Even taking a high ball on his chest, Martial is an absolute unit when it comes to holding it up. Some will say it’s hyperbole, but I honestly don’t see that many strikers in world football who are able to do it as well as him.

We’ve seen Ronaldo’s hold up play varies from average to shocking. Rashford is only slightly better but can struggle at times.

The fact that Martial actually has good pace and close control dribbling too just makes a lethal combination when he’s on it. This is why I don’t worry about his consistency on goal return as he brings so much more to the team. It’s not a coincidence our other players like Bruno and Rashford play much better when he’s in the team. Even Sancho who has struggled this season looked excellent in combination with Martial and Rashford in pre-season. Them 3 looked electric.

I’m cautiously excited about Martial when we return to action. I just pray he can avoid injuries now because he alone can define what kind of season we have for the remaining months.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
False nine often have great hold up play, the difference between a false nine and a traditional nine is about the space that they focus on not whether they have a hold up play or not. Firmino and Benzema arguably have or had the best hold up play among all attackers and there is no doubt that their primarily has generally been as a false nine for Real Madrid and Liverpool.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
False nine often have great hold up play, the difference between a false nine and a traditional nine is about the space that they focus on not whether they have a hold up play or not. Firmino and Benzema arguably have or had the best hold up play among all attackers and there is no doubt that their primarily has generally been as a false nine for Real Madrid and Liverpool.
For me it's getting confusing. Is Kane a false nine for example?
I would have categorised a false nine as someone who's doesn't occupy the central space. Like when Pep played Sterling or Tuchel playing Harvets or Conte playing Hazard there

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Martial’s the new Saha.

Both make our attack so much better when they play even if they don’t score but both have major issues staying on the pitch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For me it's getting confusing. Is Kane a false nine for example?
I would have categorised a false nine as someone who's doesn't occupy the central space. Like when Pep played Sterling or Tuchel playing Harvets or Conte playing Hazard there
Yeah, that's mainly how Kane plays. The term false nine comes from the idea that a player is between the traditional 9 and 10 roles. A false nine that doesn't occupy the central space is doing a poor job because these players have more central responsibilities not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.