Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
No defender worries about him. He offers more than Ronaldo did, sure. But it's so meh, just has no edge anymore.

But he is good in making others better and holding up play, he isnt useless. Need to improve on him drastically though.

kundalini

Looked sluggish and lacked his usual sublime touch. Provided pass for Fernandes' shot that was blocked.

Stadjer

Not a good game from him so people are falling over eachother to get the post in where they can call him useless :lol:

Not a good game today, had an okay-ish game against Forest. Players have bad games from time to time. Lets just wait and see how he does next game because he has done fairly well playing under ten Hag when he was fit this season. Hopefully he can stay fit and improve his game a bit with more games played.

It was same against Forest, mind you. Only it was rain, so I gave him benefit of doubt.

Maybe he is just out of form and need games. However, with his injury record we really need a backup.
Do agree with this. Hopefully he starts looking a bit more agile with a few more games. Hopefully he wont pick up an injury before that will happen though...

Member 101269

always said he's not good enough as a CF for united. awful for the last two games

Devil81

What's up with him, is it because he knows he's got a free hit at starting each week.

Just looks like he doesn't give a damn.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Seemed to be stuck in glue today. Just couldn't move with his usual fluidity.

Really hope he's not going to be blowing cold again for a while because we probably need him in good form more than we need anybody else right now.

Frank White

No idea how he fecked up the header right at the end of the 1st no doubt he would be afforded a bit more leeway if he buried that but was a shite performance all around from him. Hopefully just a off day and he gets back to his scoring ways soon.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No defender worries about him. He offers more than Ronaldo did, sure. But it's so meh, just has no edge anymore.

But he is good in making others better and holding up play, he isnt useless. Need to improve on him drastically though.
The first sentence is key. He is just too tame, too nice. I believe a CF needs to strike fear into defenders. He just isn't that guy

Marwood

What's up with him, is it because he knows he's got a free hit at starting each week.

Just looks like he doesn't give a damn.
I've long argued this is just how Martial thinks football should be played. He won't think there's anything wrong with how he went about the game today.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
No longer has competition for his place and he's back to playing like it. Hopefully ETH can find a way to fire him up. Would be some achievement, though.

Doesn't look anything like the player of preseason or those early season cameos against Liverpool and Everton. We all know he's not the long term answer at #9 anyways but this is why competition is so important. Unfortunately Glazers have zero incentive to help us in that regard on their way out.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s run out of saloons to drink from. Fine to keep him around as a squad player but you can’t be the main man with his inconsistency.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The first sentence is key. He is just too tame, too nice. I believe a CF needs to strike fear into defenders. He just isn't that guy
Such a lack of agression, and no desire to score goals.

Even in his pressing, he does jog for the entire match but you will rarely see him accellerate to try and win the ball. I think he has no idea that the better football players are made by these details.

AndySmith1990

Hoping for some good performances for the rest of the season, but obviously his position needs a major upgrade in the summer

Sylar

We defo need a striker. But until then martial seems like the only one we can play there which will help the likes of rashford and Bruno

Raven

People are going well over the top in here, this is his first poor performance of the season.

SAFMUTD

His lack of aggressiveness is infuriating, specially when he's having a poor game. At least run your socks off, show some passion.

That end of first half missed chance was beyond ridiculous.

zenith

Competition for places is absolutely essential. Everybody needs a kick up the arse to perform it seems.

We have good competition in most positions except a no. 9. No wonder this is a priority

DevTheRed

Good squad player but he isn’t good enough to be our first choice striker. Granted it’s his first real poor performance of the season but it really highlighted what he isn’t good at.. needs to make himself more of a nuisance when he isn’t playing well.

Skills

Snitch
He's a bit too honest at times.

That chance he took on his left in the first half, he should've instead been looking for the pen. Collins had commit to making the challenge and all he had to do was get in between him and the ball, and we win a pen there.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Always the same thing with him, generally he is talanted enough on average, but he can be very quiet many times over the season, combined with being injury prone means that he is not good enough for a top side. There is a reason random average players are called for France ahead of him.

As soon as he gets injured watch his fans overrate him to heavens.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

This is about right.

We already know he isn't good enough to be a starting CF for a side with serious aspirations, that's why we've been discussing big money CFs. So his limitations will show themselves in certain games.

But he's still generally been good this season, so there's no need to be overly critical after a bad performance.

daveskimufc

I don't know how many more chances we can give him. Rashford showed far more in the box, even from out wide. If rashford ever starts centrally and martial is benched you have to think patience has run out. We need a striker anyway, but he doesn't offer anything, would he be an asset off the bench? I dont think so. We need him purely for numbers in that position

Marwood

He's a bit too honest at times.

That chance he took on his left in the first half, he should've instead been looking for the pen. Collins had commit to making the challenge and all he had to do was get in between him and the ball, and we win a pen there.
Or use his right. Defender doesn't get there then.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Thing is that what he does well nowadays is something that's easily replicable by other players. He's turned out decent but not exceptional.

redshaw

Can Memphis offer something better as an alternative? More hard working for sure.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
His career at United hit a stalemate when we signed Cavani (2020) since then his form and injuries have been all over the place.

glasgow 21

I see nothing in Martial an attempts to over rate this player is doing United a disservice. He missed controlled or lost the ball today 90% of the time. We need to off load , and buy a striker. +4 goals is not top 4 unless we are doing a George Graham.

hobbers

Yeah, I think the commentator mentioned it was his 10th game though, so 1 in 10 isn't bad.
Dont really care about nonsense numbers like that. He's played 500 minutes out of a possible 2340 this season.

3 starts. 1 good first half then injured. 1 mediocre game but at least he scored. 1 abysmal nothing performance.

Not remotely good enough. His whole United career in a nutshell.

jem

I've long argued this is just how Martial thinks football should be played. He won't think there's anything wrong with how he went about the game today.
Well unless you happen to know him personally, I'd say that is pure speculation, at best.

Raven

Dont really care about nonsense numbers like that. He's played 500 minutes out of a possible 2340 this season.

3 starts. 1 good first half then injured. 1 mediocre game but at least he scored. 1 abysmal nothing performance.

Not remotely good enough. His whole United career in a nutshell.
No, nonsense numbers is saying 1 in 3. His availability has been the big let down this season, not his form.

hobbers

No, nonsense numbers is saying 1 in 3. His availability has been the big let down this season, not his form.
Played 2 league games over 45 minutes and been absolutely shit in exactly half of them.

You dont get a form book if you dont play.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was most let down by Martial's hold up play today. When you are playing the lone striker role you need to be able to keep the ball and bring others in. Today the ball bounced off him. It's one thing not scoring but, if you are going to fire blanks, you have to help others score. That didn't happen today.

Status
Not open for further replies.