Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yep. But then as the move continues, you see one of his weaknesses.

That's fantastic play by Martial. Hold up is sublime. I'd also like him to be a presence in the box but he'd actually got himself in decent position and a lot of space.

If only the bugger could stay fit. Really unfortunate injury record these past few years.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The fact that he played without being 100% fit tells alot, normally Martial does not do that.
Despite him playing an entire half season not fully fit under Ole? Which is quite literally what led to him becoming so injury prone and losing his sprinting ability?

We need an rvn

Yes , ok. On reflection I think you’re right.
Tbh the post was more of a mood post for me- I just get a bit fed up sometimes with the slagging off that some players get- I’d just like a bit more balance. But yeah, fair point.
If you look deep down, you'll realise you were actually frustrated with Martial but are refusing to admit it ;););)

You do make a valid point though about players being picked on purely because of who they are, even when they put in a decent performance. But, as I said, I think that's purely down to the fact the poor performances (or perhaps injury prone yet still being given a new contract - eg jones) have been going on for so long that they simply just want the player out of the club (eg. Fellani)

Real Name

Yeah, except we scored the goals that won the game in the second half. Someone else can easily do the job he supposedly does at the same level.
If it was that easy how come nobody did it until Garnacho came in and changed the game.

Lost bear

If you look deep down, you'll realise you were actually frustrated with Martial but are refusing to admit it ;););)

You do make a valid point though about players being picked on purely because of who they are, even when they put in a decent performance. But, as I said, I think that's purely down to the fact the poor performances (or perhaps injury prone yet still being given a new contract - eg jones) have been going on for so long that they simply just want the player out of the club (eg. Fellani)
I think we’ll agree to differ on the Martial issue!
As to the wider point, yes, I think it is valid. And I think some people simply derive pleasure from verbal assaults on players. Call me an old cynic if you like…

LordSpud

No surprise to me that another striker has come in and hes gone missing again. People refusing to believe it are being ignorant. He's been out since summer while Ronaldo was here, is ready to go when Ronnie is out the door and is now out again.

Get rid.

UnitedRepublic

No surprise to me that another striker has come in and hes gone missing again. People refusing to believe it are being ignorant. He's been out since summer while Ronaldo was here, is ready to go when Ronnie is out the door and is now out again.

Get rid.
It’s clear that he is injured and being saved for the Arsenal game but hey you’re the manager so lets get rid of him.

Wayne's World

We need to sell him.

He's had plenty of chances and has failed for most of his time here. He's not some young player on the scene and learning the ropes, he's a senior player now and done absolutely feck all for us

Red00012

Get rid.
You’ll be a newbie for another while with comments like that.

he’s a sicknote with or without competition .

Get rid.
Kin ell lad, calm down.

Maybe at least wait to see if he misses more than one game which is sandwiched between two huge games before revealing your hypothesis.

Denis79

Will be interesting if like what he did for Varane in the summer, if they can come up with a program that will help him from breaking down and with a good option to rotate as needed, again like how he is managing Varane, then he will continue to be a key piece to his team going forward.

Unless you mean not good enough due to his fitness issues but, ETH has just flat out just said he is critical for how we want to play and he needed him to start for the City game, he is obviously more than good enough to be a starter when fit.
No I mean not good enough in general. It's his position we desperately need to improve on in the summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For some reason, this man always has the shortest string on here. Whether he’s playing well and being praised, all it takes is 2 or 3 poorer games for the highest amount of vitriol to be spewed. Three times (at least) the player Weghorst is and we missed him massively tonight.

Rockets Redglare

For some reason, this man always has the shortest string on here. Whether he’s playing well and being praised, all it takes is 2 or 3 poorer games for the highest amount of vitriol to be spewed. Three times (at least) the player Weghorst is and we missed him massively tonight.
But he’s never fit, it doesn’t matter how good he is if he can’t play.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yep. You'd think people would put 2 and 2 together when all year out best performances are when he plays whether he scores or not but nope every great performance is "wish he'd do it more consistently" and every poor performance is "get him out useless player"

Redcy

Yep. You'd think people would put 2 and 2 together when all year out best performances are when he plays whether he scores or not but nope every great performance is "wish he'd do it more consistently" and every poor performance is "get him out useless player"
He could be as good as Henry but if he can only play 15 games a season and comes in for 1 game and out for two there is no point to him. EtH comments were really about the type of player we need, not that it has to be martial. Martial is never playing more than 20 games a year, sadly, and probably not playing 3 games in a row.

PoTMS

Hard not to get annoyed at this utter sicknote after that deflating draw.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He could be as good as Henry but if he can only play 15 games a season and comes in for 1 game and out for two there is no point to him. EtH comments were really about the type of player we need, not that it has to be martial. Martial is never playing more than 20 games a year, sadly, and probably not playing 3 games in a row.
I'm not disputing you that his propensity for injury is a huge issue and a main reason why we need a top striker. My point is that people bitch and moan even when he is playing when the reality is he makes us much better, as seen yet again tonight

SirScholes

Tbf could probably count on 1 hand how many great performances we’ve seen recently
Martial was 100% not the issue today

Drizzle

Hard not to get annoyed at this utter sicknote after that deflating draw.
Yep. I note Ten Hag's comments about him extremely reminiscent of previous managers - reading between the lines. He's not a player who will play through a twinge, and managers soon end up not trusting him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Tbf could probably count on 1 hand how many great performances we’ve seen recently
Martial was 100% not the issue today
What about the second half against City? Or any of the performances we had in the first part of the year when it was Ronaldo toiling around up top or Rashford having to make due in the middle?

Or do you just blindly say he's shit too without noticing the difference in our attack every time he plays?

SirScholes

What about the second half against City? Or any of the performances we had in the first part of the year when it was Ronaldo toiling around up top or Rashford having to make due in the middle?

Or do you just blindly say he's shit too without noticing the difference in our attack every time he plays?
The second half against city ? When they bossed it ?
What’s Ronaldo being poor got to do with anything? Martial hasn’t been good enough for years

Valencia Shin Crosses

The second half against city ? When they bossed it ?
What’s Ronaldo being poor got to do with anything? Martial hasn’t been good enough for years
Yes when City bossed it against us after we had to take him off? Are we talking about the same thing? The fecking team plays better when he plays even if he isn't scoring, that's the entire point I'm making

SirScholes

Yes when City bossed it against us after we had to take him off? Are we talking about the same thing? The fecking team plays better when he plays even if he isn't scoring, that's the entire point I'm making
Absolutely no chance that had anything to do with martial

El Jefe

Has to be sold. No point in having an unreliable player, whether its fitness or form he's rarely 100%

Idxomer

Has to be sold. No point in having an unreliable player, whether its fitness or form he's rarely 100%
Isn't that exactly why he won't be sold? The club could terminate his contract and pay him off but at this point, it's better to keep him as an option till the end of his contract which is only 18 months away.

Marwood

I've seen us playing shite with Martial up top as well.

Guys we miss him when he's not available because we don't have an alternative. We'd really miss Tom Heaton if there was literally no other keeper to choose from.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I've seen us playing shite with Martial up top as well.

Guys we miss him when he's not available because we don't have an alternative. We'd really miss Tom Heaton if there was literally no other keeper to choose from.
But we played an alternative literally a few hours ago.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Has to leave. He's only available for a handful of games here and there. Not reliable enough.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Missed him. People can say whatever they want but we play better with him on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.