5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

We don't play just as well, and people didn't just "get it in their heads" the fecking manager himself commented on multiple occasions as well as Martials output in very limited minutes for the first half of the season was fantastic.
I don't think you understood my point. We played better with Martial upfront because we needed a striker to do the minimum expected striker's job. And he was the only one we had. But we absolutely didn't play better solely because Martial is just that good. Now we play just as well upfront with Weghorst, perhaps even better since Weghorst actually runs and presses. We would play better with any decent striker upfront who can do the bare minimum. However, Martial is receiving a salary well above what one should be receiving for doing the bare minimum. To say nothing of his reliability. And his output definitely wasn't "fantastic". That's not a world I'd use to describe anything regarding Martial's play.

He needs to get going this summer. I'd keep Weghorst as backup instead of him any day of the week.

Fahad Jawaid

Now that we have Eriksen missing for a significant timeframe. Hopefully we get lucky and he remains fit. Him remaining fit will allow us good options for front four.

Martial(Wout)
Rashford (Garnacho) Bruno (Sancho) Antony (Pellistri).

Plus with Sabitzer and Fred to interchange in the number 8 position. It will provide us adequate backup options with soo many games coming. We can reasonably play with a second 11 and for some matches they can easily do a job.

The only place where we are weak now is Casemiero, hopefully he remains fit because by god we have nobody close to doing what he does at any reasonable level (sorry Mctominay).

Man Utd 2:0 Nottingham Forest

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’ll be pivotal in the Barcelona tie. Need to get him up to full match fitness in the 3(!) matches we have beforehand

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looked very agile and sharp today. One of the biggest things he loses is his agility when he gets a knock. Looked fresh today.

Please stay fit.

saivet

Was really impressed with his cameo. Weghorst had done fine but we'll be a better side with Martial fit and starting.

matsdf

What an insanely sloppy and atrocious pass on his goal. Really annoying.

Pavl3n

What an insanely sloppy and atrocious pass on his goal. Really annoying.
Absolutely. It was a lively cameo, but should've done way better when he was on the ball.
Not holding my breath over him. Not expecting anything special from him anymore - just being let down way too many times.
I hope we finally get rid of him this summer.

PaulScholes99

Such a shame that his body seems to be completly gone and unreliable. Like him so much as a football player but can't be too happy that he is back as i am thinking he will be injured anyway soon.

Malone_Post

He’s miles better then Weghorst, who works hard for the team, but ultimately the difference in quality is night and day.

Unfortunately his body will probably fail him again sometime soon. It’s such a shame because he’s a lovely player to watch when he's fit and in full flight.

Tapori

Can someone do a reverse-voodoo and bless him to stay fit for longer than 2 full matches?
Adds a completely welcome and necessary dimension to our team play

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Won't stay fit for very long so just have to use him until he breaks again. Such a shame he's so injury prone as he has the tools to do great things.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
For someone who has rarely played so far, 6 goals aint a bad return.

He does very well in link up play around the box. Need him fit for the season to have the options up front available.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He’s miles better then Weghorst, who works hard for the team, but ultimately the difference in quality is night and day.

Unfortunately his body will probably fail him again sometime soon. It’s such a shame because he’s a lovely player to watch when he's fit and in full flight.
Yeah there's just a clear difference between the two when the ball is actually at their feet. Honestly I wouldn't mind signing Weghorst to a permanent deal if he had more pace, but he's so damn limited because even though he has a nice eye for linking up and laying the ball off he can't actually turn and trouble a backline with a run on goal for a return pass.

Andersons Dietician

Honestly I don’t think Weghorst has really been that bad of an addition, he does a job but the difference when Martial came on was crazy. You just see the difference in his ability to get a hold of the ball and move with it poses compared to what Weg does. Massively improved everyone around and the team just looked more fluid.

Dve

Not sure how long he'll stay fit but I'll say it again, it's just night and day having him through the middle with Rashford on the left. We went from sort of grafting at it for 60 minutes, to blowing them away with ease.
Yes. And Rashford is also acting a bit differently with Martial on the pitch. Without him, Rashford tends to try to do everything on his own, while Martial and Rashford seem to have some sort of brotherly understanding where they are trying to help each other. When fit, there should be no doubt who is our first choice striker.

Tapori

Honestly I don’t think Weghorst has really been that bad of an addition, he does a job but the difference when Martial came on was crazy. You just see the difference in his ability to get a hold of the ball and move with it poses compared to what Weg does. Massively improved everyone around and the team just looked more fluid.
Weghorst can be very useful and should be kept as a variety box selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.