Foot: Right
Player Agent: USFA Management
Squad Number: #9
Contract Until: Jun 30, 2024
Contract Option: Option for a further year
Date of Last Contract Extension: Jan 31, 2019
Outfitter: Nike​

jem

If ever there were a time for him to step up and write his comeback story, this would be it. Annoyingly he seems to thrive when he's not facing competition, so with Ronaldo leaving, who knows? Probably wishful thinking but what the feck else do we have at this point?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If he can bang in 10+ goals then ten hag can polish turd.

I wouldn't bet on it though.

Skills

Snitch
We play our best football when he's in the team, regardless of his own goalscoring form.

AdNani

If he can bang in 10+ goals then ten hag can polish turd.

I wouldn't bet on it though.
He's Inconsistent, But he's hit 18+ for us more than once. Hes more than capable.

If Ten Hag can get the best out of him id want 30 :keano::lol:

Von Mistelroum

Honestly if Ten Hag can make him look like a Premier League footballer again then he's a miracle worker!

city-puma

Didn't you write this for Rashford as well?
Why not? People have short memory. They were very good players in the past. They are still young. They might still be motivated and wanna become the best of themselves before retirement. I feel at least half of population would try rather than giving up when they get another chance. If ETH can set up a right system with his players on the same page to develop as a team together. It’s only going to be better and better.

Irwin99

Not writing him off but he's scored a combined total of 9 goals in his last two seasons. This really has to be his last chance. He sulked while Jose was here, disappointed more often than not in Ole's second full season, and decided he wanted out last year. It has to be said we do give players a lot more chances then they seem to deserve at times.

Hopefully ten Hag can get him firing again. There is a very good player there.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Next year: Okay, now this is his last, last chance...

I hope he pulls off a huge surprise and turns up, but I think he's shown to already be past it, he just doesn't have the habits ingrained in him at that point to be on top of his game, I almost wonder if he doesn't have an actual physical issue that's just never going away, he looks so slow and hasn't taken on a player in two years.

jem

Why not? People have short memory. They were very good players in the past. They are still young. They might still be motivated and wanna become the best of themselves before retirement. I feel at least half of population would try rather than giving up when they get another chance. If ETH can set up a right system with his players on the same page to develop as a team together. It’s only going to be better and better.
I agree but not sure why you quoted my post for this.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This is the season he would finally be ballon D’or worthy, after all the hype he is getting during his first season with us.

SAFMUTD

Even with Ronaldo going I still think we'll look to offload him.

He doesn't only have an out of form problem, but an attitude problem.

I don't think Ten Hag will fancy him, it's been years so all the clean slate discussion is out of the window at this point.

Hawks2008

In total despair at the idea of him being our only striker come the start of the season. I'm not surprised, we always keep players long after they've exhausted their usefulness.

OmarUnited4ever

Here's to hoping that Martial kicks on this year, and be the player we all hoped he would be by now.

Olecurls99

If ever there were a time for him to step up and write his comeback story, this would be it. Annoyingly he seems to thrive when he's not facing competition, so with Ronaldo leaving, who knows? Probably wishful thinking but what the feck else do we have at this point?
That's it. He hates competitors. He wants to be the main man and he did do well as a 9 before Cavani was signed.
We play our best football when he's in the team, regardless of his own goalscoring form.
Is there stats for this? Interesting if true

Valencia Shin Crosses

I have a sneaky feeling he thrives if we play how I think we will under ETH with the new technical quality we are buying. Now if that will be good enough for him to really cement himself back at the club will depend on his finishing in front of goal, but I think our overall combination play will look good.

buckooo1978

Our successes this season hinges on him, doesn't it.
and Rashford, Varane's fitness, Sancho showing consistency, Diallo/VDB/Pellestri stepping up, McTominay developing, Maguire/Shaw/AWB not being absolute pish etc....

so many ifs and buts.....

Is there a single player we can really depend on going into the season? De Gea? Bruno? Fred?

Pronewbie

Peep
and Rashford, Varane's fitness, Sancho showing consistency, Diallo/VDB/Pellestri stepping up, McTominay developing, Maguire/Shaw/AWB not being absolute pish etc....

so many ifs and buts.....

Is there a single player we can really depend on going into the season? De Gea? Bruno? Fred?
They have adequate back-ups.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
this is a huge season for him. his last real chance to prove he can be the man.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Martial as the 9 and Bruno at 10 will make us a better team. Theres far more chemistry in the front line without Ronaldo.

sugar_kane

He looks in good shape in the training vids.

His best seasons seem to be when he has no competition for his spot in the team… just saying like.

3vra

Either as a striker or a left forward he is gonna bang 20+ goals this season.

You can print that.

Skills

Snitch
He needs to recover his finishing touch. He was once a very reliable finisher, but that deserted him in 20/21. His all-round game was actually still very good

Status
Not open for further replies.