5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devips

Rashford will play in Martial's place, it is obvious from the pre-season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's become so injury prone. No point having any faith in his form these days.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Martial injured when it really matters, after shining in a bunch of no-pressure friendlies? Impossible! I was assured this was the season he'd FINALLY turn things around!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Other teams start the season with a bolstered strike force. We start without a striker:lol:

Hackman2210

Yes. That’s why he got injured playing for us.
In preseason - everyones ace in preseason - its the real games that matter.
I want him to suceed of course but some people will play through pain and some won't. I think Martial falls under the latter and yes he's not the only one - pogba ws another.
Cmon Martial manup and get out there ffs!

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I want him to suceed of course but some people will play through pain and some won't. I think Martial falls under the latter and yes he's not the only one - pogba ws another.
Manup and run-off that hamstring injury! It’s like talking to Mike Bassett :lol:

Shark

@NotShark
Nothing can ever just fall into place for us can it? All our own fault anyway though. Relying on Martial to stay fit is borderline lunacy.

city-puma

Guys, calm down. It’s a minor injury. Garnacho now has opportunity to play. If the team can’t deal with missing one player, it’s nonsense.

Glorio

Manup and run-off that hamstring injury! It’s like talking to Mike Bassett :lol:
Honestly the takes in here today are different level. :houllier:
The only thing you'll do if you try to play through a hamstring injury is damage it further.

Glorio

Put one of our CBs up front we got enough of those
:lol: Bailly for target man, wouldn't that be something. He seems like the sort of character that will naively think he'll do just fine - no problem

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Guys, calm down. It’s a minor injury. Garnacho now has opportunity to play. If the team can’t deal with missing one player, it’s nonsense.
Totally behind that idea. Incredible physicality for his age, not to mention he's quite a bit more aggressive than Rash.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

Had to be him, didn't it? He's been pivotal to the way ten Hag wants to play, having his three 10's playing in between the lines (ST and two number 8's). His back to goal play is far superior than anyone's in the squad. You'd imagine Ronaldo will start now, but Martial will be missed.

Biggins

Of course, one of the main highlights of our preseason gets injured. The alternative is doing everything to leave. Bruno as false 9?

PoTMS

What a suprise. He's injured and we're fecked. I hate this club.

DarnleyDevil7

Unbelievable! Just when things started to look like clicking again with him part of the forward line. We shouldn't be too surprised though.... we've never really been able to count on Tony during his time here. Big decisions to be made, and fast!

I think that means Bruno as a false 9, flanked by Rashford and Sancho (hopefully he's fit?) and Eriksen with mcfred behind. Decent enough group when they are at it, but the drop in quality with their reserves is frightening.

Kassadin

He has to be able to be counted upon. Its always one thing or the other. It feels like its now for never for Martial. Hopefully Tony makes a quick come back.

---------------Rashford
Garnacho--------------Sancho

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I was a winger, left-footed. I was too small for midfield back in the day!
Me too.

Or rather, I was a right-footed left winger.

When I gained some bulk I was moved to left back (couldn't play CB - I hated heading the ball).

I was always much better centrally, though - but the stupid coaches never saw it.

I was wasted - in my absolute prime * - as a bloody left back.

* My absolute prime ended around 12 or thereabouts.

Olecurls99

Jesus we didn't need this injury at all. We have nobody to fill in for what Tony can do, holding the ball with his back to goal.

I suppose we have to put Rashford up top to play on the shoulder of the last man and drift out left for counter attacks. Put Bruno on the left to add guile out there and drift in to find space.

Rashford
Bruno Eriksen Sancho
Fred Mctominay

Lots of craft in that front 4 to hold the ball and break Brighton down. Rashford just had to keep making good runs in behind.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Always the same story. Played well enough during pre-season so it won't get sold and gets injured just in time before the first game. Rinse and repeat,this will happen during the whole season.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
/shrugs

That's on the manager. All the noises from Ten Hag were that he wanted an out and out goalscorer first and foremost. We assume Ronaldo won't run (but really will Haaland significantly more?). I'm pretty sure Ten Hag will find a way to make it work if Ronaldo checks his attitude.

If we were that certain that CF was priority, then we should've dropped FdJ and gone all out for a guy like Nunez (we were in for him before Pool). That would mean Ronaldo on the bench at 500k p/w and yet more complaints about starting McFred.
We monitored the situation when haaland went to dortmund, his agent clearly said they didn't come to utd because they didn't feel anyone actually wanted haaland except ole and ole's future wasn't exactly looking bright at utd. Then we monitored alvarez whilst he was signed by city when his agents first stop was utd. I believe rangnick wanted to sign him but the club wouldn't back an interim manager. Ok fair enough but when we got a permanent manager in ten hag we monitored nunez getting scooped up by the dippers while we dithered with our bid.

We are fecking mugs, thats what we are.

rooney2009

Sorry Mate
There are some injuries you can’t play through like a hamstring or calf injury
If he had ankle injury or something like that then you can play through that but it is impossible to play if you’ve pulled your hamstring

Raven

I'm just hoping that this is precautionary and it's just a tight hamstring.

::sonny::

There are players always injured and players never injured

Dennis Irwin or Frank Lampard never missed a game for injury

skc_18

He is Pogba 2.0 in terms of injury. Probably unlucky like Pogba but its way to consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.