Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

He needs support in forward area,however I fear that will end up being Ronaldo

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Hopefully he stays fit for the remainder of the season so we don't get to see much of Ronaldo. Shame he didn't get to play with Eriksen and Casemiro. The amount of run in space he made just to be ignored by Fred and our inept midfield in the first half was criminal. That simple pass missed that would have put him through on goal from Fred was infuriating. It wasn't even a hard pass to see nor execute, just a simple pass yet Fred fecked it up and try to go wide and still fecked up even that pass.

Good to see his hold up and ability to keep the ball is still top class.

saivet

Did okay but a little rusty. I'd probably leave him on the bench on Sunday, with Rashford as the no.9

Raven

A little rusty on the ball at times but he did well enough and his pressing and aggression was good to see.

Chinchy98

Goal and mins in the bank. A little off the pace, but solid enough. Playing infront of Mctominay, Fred & Van de beek is a tough ask

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He did a really nice turn after his goal which led to Fred being fouled. Was a nice moment. He can be very good on the break because of skill like that.

Skills

Snitch
He did a really nice turn after his goal which led to Fred being fouled. Was a nice moment. He can be very good on the break because of skill like that.
He's the only player in the squad who can turn his man. It's a rare skillset in football

He plays and we score four, even with a dodgy lineup. Ronaldo can't get close to his workrate and hold up play.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I understand why Ten Hag said he likes Martial's press. He does it intelligently and often opt for cutting passing options rather than just mindlessly going full sprint on wherever the ball goes. The way he presses often results in the keeper going long which is good because it gives us a chance to regain the ball.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm glad Martial got a goal. He worked hard, ran the line, pressed the back four. You can barely compare that to what we've been getting up top lately.

UnitedRepublic

Good that he scored, on another note he got left out of the wc squad for France kinda expected. Hopefully it doesn’t impact him to much.

Raven

Good that he scored, on another note he got left out of the wc squad for France kinda expected. Hopefully it doesn’t impact him to much.
He knew that before the game kicked off and he was well up for it, worked really hard and showed great attitude.

Had a horrendous season last time around, including a poor loan. Has spent most of this season injured.

I very doubt he expected to make it, he’s not daft. If he stays injury free and keeps up this form, he’ll be at the next tournament for sure, so it’s all down to him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The biggest if ever. But if... If.. he can stay fit, then I don't think we have a striker problem at all. He's good enough to be the striker under Ten Hag. Can't trust the fitness, needs to prove it, but if he can stay fit, then he's a 100m player (hell, he's a feck ton more than that considering Darwin is a 100m striker). Literally what I want for our striker is just a Martial who can stay fit (and be consistent, if that's still a problem for him, hard to say).

Stadjer

I understand why Ten Hag said he likes Martial's press. He does it intelligently and often opt for cutting passing options rather than just mindlessly going full sprint on wherever the ball goes. The way he presses often results in the keeper going long which is good because it gives us a chance to regain the ball.
Yes and Martial has been doing that even when Mourinho and Ole were managers. However because he didnt mindlessly run like Dan James and Rashford at that time did, he got called lazy.

Hopefully Martial can stay fit because he now finally has a manager that knows how to use attacking players.

Irwin99

For a guy who's been injured for most of the season so far he sure is putting in some productive numbers when he does actually start:

6 games, 4 goals, 2 assists

If only we could keep him fit :(

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
For a guy who's been injured for most of the season so far he sure is putting in some productive numbers when he does actually start:

6 games, 4 goals, 2 assists

If only we could keep him fit :(
Will the enforced WC training be helpful for his long-term fitness?

Shimo

Such a big difference to both Ronaldo and Rashford as a center forward. When it comes to the press, miles better than Ronaldo because he seems to understand when to close and how to close. And unlike Rashford who basically lives off trying to just run behnd, Martial knows when to drop deeper to make himself available for a ball or get out wide and obviously his hold up play and ability to play with others is miles better than either..

Please for goodness sake stay fit - we might actually look like scoring more than 1 a game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he’d been fit all season then we’d be very comfortably in the top 4, he’s going to be unreal once he gets a run of games.

romufc

Has anyone noticed how well we press as a team with Martial up front. I cannot believe I am saying this. Martial pressing and looking good.

The number of times we won the back because him and Bruno tag team, is actually a breath of fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.