5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepers

His off-the-ball run leading to the second goal to make the defender hesitate for just a split second gave Rashford that crucial bit of space/time.

yfoFC

One thing people aren't talking about enough was his defensive game yesterday, he won the ball back a couple of times and once with a fantastic sliding tackle.. His pressing is quite good and I'm thankful to Jose for instilling that in him

Jeffthered

Surely we just want better than martial?
Exactly. Why are some of satisfied with what he produces. There's nothing about him at all, sorry.

He will not inspire any top side, just doesn't have it in him.

We need better if we are serious about progressing. Need a good loan deal, whilst assessing the market.

OmarUnited4ever

An "alright" game, hopefully he gets sharper and better as the season goes and stays injury free, we really need him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just having someone that holds the ball up the pitch brings so much to our game.

Real Name

Rashford was the clear MOTM you nitwit, but yes as I've explained in the first half he was a bit shit. Martial was our best looking attacker in that half, and then Rashford flipped the switch and was brilliant in the second half.
He wasnt a bit shit in the 1st half though.

Raven

Agreed. Though martial isn't exactly famous for flourishing when there's competition for his position.
I tend to disagree with that but it's clear he hasn't hit form properly since his excellent season around the start of COVID. He's looked better this season and definitely still possesses the talent but will his body hold up?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I will judge him once we play with our strongest XI. But you notice that his work rate is much better than in the past

Lyng

He was vital to our attacking play. He is constantly offering himself for passes and link up play and his defensive work was impressive. His off the ball movement is immense and our attacking momentum dissapeared completely when he was subbed of.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
We won’t finish top 4 with him as the lead striker.
Never has he had a more gilt edged chance to become the talisman at the club.
I don't think he has it in him to take the bull by the horns consistently. He has the talent but max effort needs to be there every game and that's his problem.

Idxomer

He obviously had two bad seasons (at least the second being very likely due to playing through injury), but he's showing signs again this season that he can get back to his 19/20 form. As long as he can stay fit...
I don't know I feel he lost something with all of those injuries and apart from some moments, he still doesn't look the same player.

CM10

The problem with Martial this season hasn't been his quality, it's his availability. He's yet to play a full 90 minutes this season in any competition.

Martial has 4 goals and 2 assists in 364 minutes in all comps this season. That works out as a goal contribution once every 60 minutes, and his general standard of play has been very good too. We don't have anybody else in the squad currently who can play back to goal like Martial can.

We obviously need to get another striker in, because we're one short anyway and you can't rely on an injury record like that, but if Martial can get a run of games together I think we will do well. There have been a lot of games this season where all we are missing is that final touch, and we won't have to contend with Ronaldo's testimonal type performances anymore - where everything is being laid on a plate for him and he still can't hit a barn door.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I don't know I feel he lost something with all of those injuries and apart from some moments, he still doesn't look the same player.
He hasn't really been on the field long enough to judge it one way or the other. You might very well be right, but it could also just be a few signs of rustiness. In general he's looked quite good.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Another day, another quality display. Didn’t deserve to be taken off, but seems like ETH is in “protect at all costs” mode currently with him.

Also his goal was bad keeping but it’s also probable that he caught Hennessy completely off guard by taking it early instead of having a touch to set himself.

Red00012

He’s going to be subbed off a lot this season when we can afford to simply because he’s one jog away from getting injured again

Sylar

Was surprised he scored with the first but not the second when Bruno put him in. Usually is icecold on that second chance

He’s going to be subbed off a lot this season when we can afford to simply because he’s one jog away from getting injured again
Yeah. When we're winning by 2+ goals I reckon he should come off as our only player in that position.

Passitlikescholes

This isn't pre-season Martial, has been quite underwhelming since coming back vs Burnley

Hopefully he turns it around

Valencia Shin Crosses

This isn't pre-season Martial, has been quite underwhelming since coming back vs Burnley

Hopefully he turns it around
Where has he been underwhelming? I swear people just make stuff up. He finished 1 out of 2 chances, held up and kept possession well, played a perfect ball into Eriksen that could have ended with a goal of the season type move.

Legit tonight was better than any other all around striker performance we’ve had all year, and it was still probably just a simple 7/10.

yfoFC

This is from before the last two games, now we have 22 goals in nine games this season with Martial in the team for an average of 2.4..

He clearly takes our attack up a notch

Last edited:

Redcy

I don’t think anyone doubts his ability at the moment, availability is his issue. He might have have great stats atm, but when you have played in only 1/4 of the games that’s the most important stat. The guy is made of glass, not back to his best, but showing some signs that he could be getting there

Blood Mage

He's our best link up player for sure. Our attack has more of a flow to it with him on the pitch.

Passitlikescholes

Where has he been underwhelming? I swear people just make stuff up. He finished 1 out of 2 chances, held up and kept possession well, played a perfect ball into Eriksen that could have ended with a goal of the season type move.

Legit tonight was better than any other all around striker performance we’ve had all year, and it was still probably just a simple 7/10.
Pre-season he was showing more for the ball, had the ball under better control with his first touch (although conditions could've played a part this game), was more active, turned easier after receiving the ball and ran at the defence.

Vs Burnley and this game I've seen a Martial struggling to bring the ball under control (as well as what pre-season Martial did), thereby affecting how dangerous he can be (eg he was great against VVD pre season and easily had VVD in his pocket)

Stop taking it as an attack, I'm merely stating I think he's got a hell lot more levels that he can move up

Status
Not open for further replies.