5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

poleglass red

To put things in perspective, Sancho and Rashford has also shown better performances in multiple seasons before they turned 23 than whatever Felix has shown in his career so far.
I get your point, but Rashford's numbers up to 22 actually weren't, it wasn't until he got to 23 that he got past 20 goals per season for first time, and that's playing in a lot more games per season. Rashford, many on here were quick to write him off just last season, same with Sancho currently. We are seeing with Rashford now, what a player he is when the conditions are right. We hope Sancho will ultimately show the same upside. Even someone like Dalot now looks a valuable member of our squad, I personally never thought he would make it here. Felix is definitely a gamble, and one we don't need to make right now, but under the right coach, I think he could be a very good player, I don't think and never have, that Simeone is the coach for him.

El Zoido

He blows hot and cold and is due an upturn soon. Hopefully he stays fit.

RopersReturn

It’s time for him to move on, I’m sure he’d do well for an Italian side which plays at a slower pace.

Threesus

So is the Martial underrating and Martial bashing... hilarious that people dont see that Martial isnt a bad player and does offer something to the attack.
He is the starter for now, but we should upgrade his position over the summer.

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
What has Felix done to be warranted as a generational talent.

Martial has shown more than whatever Felix has done so far in his career despite his underwhelming career with us. That’s how overrated Felix is.
Martial got like 10 goals or something in 3 years. He's already in his PRIME. PRIME Martial is what you saw the last 3 years. Don't compare him to a generational talent like Felix.

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
I think you forgot how talented he really is. The problem is we never really see it because he's almost never fit and healthy.
That's funny bro. This is like saying if 'Tyson' didn't go to jail he would have done X'. He did go to Jail
Martial is never healthy.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'd think ten hag will be looking to offload him come summer.

If weghorat is a success we could keep him a back up option and get a big gun like say kane in the summer then we don't need martial anymore (not to mention his high wages).

Mr.Hik

Martial got like 10 goals or something in 3 years. He's already in his PRIME. PRIME Martial is what you saw the last 3 years. Don't compare him to a generational talent like Felix.
Felix is generational talent (i hate this phrase so much) in stealing the wages, same as Martial.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I get your point, but Rashford's numbers up to 22 actually weren't, it wasn't until he got to 23 that he got past 20 goals per season for first time, and that's playing in a lot more games per season. Rashford, many on here were quick to write him off just last season, same with Sancho currently. We are seeing with Rashford now, what a player he is when the conditions are right. We hope Sancho will ultimately show the same upside. Even someone like Dalot now looks a valuable member of our squad, I personally never thought he would make it here. Felix is definitely a gamble, and one we don't need to make right now, but under the right coach, I think he could be a very good player, I don't think and never have, that Simeone is the coach for him.
Rashford’s also playing on the left and not upfront.

Felix best scoring year is still his debut season with Benfica and that’s at 20 goals. Remove that outlier year and he’s basically scoring goals once every 4 games and his best year is at 10 goals.

The hype over Felix is unreal for someone who’s been so underwhelming on the pitch.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Generational talent in what? Because it’s clearly not for his performances on the pitch.

Strelok

So is the Martial underrating and Martial bashing... hilarious that people dont see that Martial isnt a bad player and does offer something to the attack.
Agree.

Imo Martial is actually a very good player. He's fast, very good dribbler, very technical, quite strong, very very good finisher with both feet, decent link up and can keep the ball against the PL defenders. If he doesn't play for United but a small team he can cost easily around 60-70m in the current market.

Imo his issue is rather his decisions, his attitude and him can't stay fit. ETH surely can help him with his decision, his attitude but it's entirely on him to stay fit I think. Imo it's his last chance here if he doesn't improve or stay fit ETH will replace him in the summer.

zaafi

That's funny bro. This is like saying if 'Tyson' didn't go to jail he would have done X'. He did go to Jail
Martial is never healthy.
He was at the start of the season, and he is on his way now. I'm not saying he will be as good as he was in his first season, and we should look to replace him eventually, but not in January. While we're on the topic of "funny" posts:

You can't be seriously thinking Martial is anywhere near that of Mitrovic or Felix or Latuaro? Felix is a GENERATIONAL talent 3 tiers above Martial.. Laturo and Mitrovic will be perfect playing in this United set up (especially if United can get someone like a Kane to compliment) Martial is a mid table striker man.....
Now this is a bizarre post. There is just so much wrong in so little words, I'm quite frankly amazed how you pulled it off. Mitrovic was a complete flop in Newcastle, did great for Fulham in Championship, and is on a good run now, but let's see if he keeps it up for more than half a season. His stats indicate he is overperforming when it comes to scoring goals. This is Mitrovic' first season being decent in Premier League at the age of 28, so why exactly do you think he is elite? He's incredibly clumsy with the ball and technique is non-existent. He is, however, great at scoring goals and headers and also strong as a bull.

As for your claim that Lautaro and Mitrovic will be perfect playing for this set up, I really don't know what you mean here. Are you saying either of them individually as the target striker or both of them together? Because if it is either, Lautaro is a completely different player than Mitrovic, and he's not even the target striker, but similar to Griezmann. Clearly you don't watch him play, but just watched a 7 minute compilation on YouTube.

And now to the most ridiculous statement in January on the Caf: "Joao Felix is a generational talent". Joao Felix. A 23 year old who has done absolutely nothing in his career, and been a huge disappointment for Atletico considering how much they paid for him. I find it hilarious that you bash Martial for his lack of goals, and therefore an awful player, but with Joao Felix' godly output in these seasons make him a generational talent:

19/20 season: 27 matches - 6 goals, 1 assist
20/21 season: 31 matches - 7 goals, 6 assists
21/22 season: 24 matches - 8 goals, 4 assists
22/23 season: 14 matches - 4 goals, 3 assists

Is that a generational talent for you? I really like Joao Felix myself, and personally believe he is blessed with sensational technique, but he's simply not a generational talent. That word gets thrown about way too often here. Let's see how he performs for Chelsea, but you love saying he'd fit right in here, so enlighten me. Where and how would he play for the way we are set up? How does he fit Ten Hag's game plan?

crossy1686

career ending
We need a quality striker next summer, Martial just isn't going to be what people want him to be. He can only play one game a week to start with. The problem then lies with his inability to realise this is as good as it gets for him, coming off the bench for United is his ceiling. If he throws a strop again at us signing a new forward then just bin him if we can.

romufc

If Weghourst does well, I would be keep to keep him on permanent, sell Martial and sign a top striker.

There have been links to us signing a top tier ST in the summer, we have seen in the past what happens to Martial, he cries and cannot hack it.

I would sell him for £40m and move on.

His record against City isn't bad, ( or at least significantly worse than any Utd player over the last 10 years), I am hoping he can produce an eye catching performance against them this weekend and wipe the smile off Peps face.

Son

Martial is a really strange player. Sometimes you think he’s our answer when he has a 2 game run but I’d argue this season proves he isn’t.

Great player to watch on his day which is why I’d be sad to sell him but selling him is probably the smart move for a club with aspirations of winning big trophies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
One of Martial’s biggest problem is that as a striker he cannot hit a fast paced strength led shot.

Every finish of his is tuned down and placed. Sometimes you need to just bash it in.

Raven

One of Martial’s biggest problem is that as a striker he cannot hit a fast paced strength led shot.

Every finish of his is tuned down and placed. Sometimes you need to just bash it in.
Agreed, he's never really had that cannon shot in him. If he could blast a shot properly he'd be incredible.

scottser

13 million per year for 6 years. 250k per week for that useless cnut. The sooner he's gone the better we'll be.

Red00012

Too lazy to hit it hard That requires effort

JeffFromHK

time to give up Martial, he is perpetually unfit or injured. He is not happy to be a substitute player either

Man Utd 2:1 Man City

jem

I thought he was ok - I don't think it's a coincidence that we lost all semblance of possession after he was subbed.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I thought he was ok - I don't think it's a coincidence that we lost all semblance of possession after he was subbed.
He was fine but didn’t look fit at all

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Dude was getting absolutely hammered in the match thread despite playing unfit but still made himself available for the game.

And despite being unfit and unable to really sprint, his link up play and hold up play aline made us dangerous and created chances.

It's just unfortunate he's been injury prone the last few years.

Skills

Snitch
He didn't have a good game, but he was the only reason we were actually breaking into their half in the 1st half. They then suffocated us as soon as he went off because we had no way to get the ball up the pitch.

He was simultaneously quite poor but also makes us play much better. Was baffled at the sub by ETH (especially those 20 minutes where Antony played striker) because we got overran without any physical outlet at the start of the second. Might've been struggling with fitness though, credit to him for being available for the game.

Hal9000

He didn't have a good game, but he was the only reason we were actually breaking into their half in the 1st half. They then suffocated us as soon as he went off because we had no way to get the ball up the pitch.
He was ok, he was good at picking up the ball and was quite composed to keep possesion. As soon as we replaced him with Anthony, all his little flicks and tricks were loseing us the ball.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We were better with him as usual. But he simply can't be relied on unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.