Anthony Martial | Sevilla loan watch

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We've backed ourselves into a corner with him, to the point where our best solution is actually to keep him in the squad now and see if Ten Hag can get a tune out of him.

RkkMan

We've backed ourselves into a corner with him, to the point where our best solution is actually to keep him in the squad now and see if Ten Hag can get a tune out of him.
Don't think keeping him is the only solution or a good one.
We can do a Bakayoko/Drinkwater loan him out till his deal expires. Better option than having his sulky attitude around plus presence that stops signings from happening

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Don't think keeping him is the only solution or a good one.
We can do a Bakayoko/Drinkwater loan him out till his deal expires. Better option than having his sulky attitude around plus presence that stops signings from happening
I think we'll have trouble even finding a loan for him after the way Seville went. We are short of options up front, and he seems too bored of life to cause any problems in the dressing room.

RkkMan

I think we'll have trouble even finding a loan for him after the way Seville went. We are short of options up front, and he seems too bored of life to cause any problems in the dressing room.
If the likes of Emerson, Bakayoko, Baba Rahman, Drinkwater or even Ozil can find clubs on loan we can find one for Martial. We'd have to pay majority of his wages of course.

crossy1686

career ending
Keeping him around isn't good for anyone at the club. People will not be happy with him stinking up the place in training while on £250k a week, or £175k after reductions due to no CL football. He's better off out of sight, out of mind. Just pay him to play somewhere else and let him run his contract down. At some point he will have to play decent to not end up at Layton Orient.

TsuWave

I think the disaster part is the bit where we offered him a massive contract that was unmerited, which now leaves us in the unenviable position of figuring out what we can do with him.
The sentence I quoted and contested was “What an absolute disaster he has turned out to be”, which just isn’t true.

TOPREDIAMNOT

If he does that I expect him to turn the Manchester Ship Canal into Red wine and get the lame spice heads to become law abiding, productive citizens. Ten Hag is **** **** ?

Keeping him around isn't good for anyone at the club. People will not be happy with him stinking up the place in training while on £250k a week, or £175k after reductions due to no CL football. He's better off out of sight, out of mind. Just pay him to play somewhere else and let him run his contract down. At some point he will have to play decent to not end up at Layton Orient.
That is going to cost Utd about £7m per season. So total of over £20M.

This isn't the only player we have done this with is it? Jones, Bailly, + many more.