Anthony Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin(6)Buchan

PL referee's have got worse with the introduction of VAR, I just hope what has been happening level's it self out before the end of the seson.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
His agenda against us was only increased by the PGMOL apologising for his cock-ups against Villa.

He was made look like a fool and refs are egotistical cnuts so he definitely has a grudge now.

He is gonna do us in every game. We need to make official complaints about him.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
PL referee's have got worse with the introduction of VAR, I just hope what has been happening level's it self out before the end of the seson.
Yes very much so.
They seem too afraid to make some obvious decisions and at other times make really stupid decisions.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Really don't understand why anyone should be blaming the ref, any ref. Unless you think that tackle is legitimate? Scholes had got away with this type of tackle for seasons, but no more under VAR. Handball or not is irrelevant, as our game should have never relied on any favours from the ref system. Sometimes lucky as with the City game, sometimes unlucky.
How can you state “handball or not, is irrelevant”? That’s ridiculous. So it’s it’s irrelevant if a penalty is incorrectly called which influences the outcome of the game?

El Zoido

Comprehensive list for those interested. 2 wins in last 10, has never awarded an opponent a red card in 38 showings, and recent showings include yesterdays farce, the Villa freekick which Pgmol apologised for, the Middlesbrough handball last season (Worst decision in years), Penalty to chelsea at stamford bridge under carrick last season, and the Martial red card early on versus Spurs in the 6-1 loss at home.

I dont think it can be read and some sort of bias not at least be looked into. He's even awarded united double the number of yellows he gives opposition.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ant...n/1/land_id/0/heim_gast//verein_id/985/plus/1

This is quite compelling evidence, some huge anomalies in this data.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
People actually care what Dermot Gallagher says? Well you get what you deserve then. I avoid Sky like the plague but when I saw he was trending on Twitter I knew exactly why before having a quick look. You don't need to be Mystic Meg(RIP) to know he'll just back his chums up.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Be interesting to see if ETH says anything ahead of the game the next time Taylor is assigned to ref us. Hope he does say something may as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb as that cnut Taylor will do us over anyway won't need any excuse

glasgow 21

According to a quick Googling they are:

Southampton (H) - 0-0 draw
Arsenal (A) - 2-3 loss
Aston Villa (A) - 1-3 loss
Nottingham Forest (H) - 3-0 win

I don't remember any specific incidents against Villa and Arsenal that influenced the game, but I think we lost those games for very different reasons.
So Bruno taken out by Ramsdale isn't a penalty then ? AWB foul in penalty area that no-one has seen a review of ever.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
I'm sorry Man Utd. fans, I have just watched MOTD2 on iPlayer and it was quite definitely a sending-off offence.

VAR got it right.

Specifically, when the tackle was made Casemiro was airbourne, so in no control of himself. Those out-of-control tackles are invariably given red cards (Fabian Delph got one for City awhile back).

I realise it must be hard to take - that Casemiro - will have lost 7 games at such a crucial time, perhaps he is beginning to realise that the English PL is the fastest league in the world and he needs to adapt to that. If Spurs and Newcastle finish the season well, you really could struggle to get top-4 and if that were to happen and it was a Man Utd. vs Arsenal Europa Cup Final in May, that would become a very, very big game indeed.

Having said that, what is the rule: if Arsenal have won or come 2nd in the PL and get CL that way if Arsenal won a Man Utd. vs Arsenal Europa final would your lot get a CL place anyway even if defeated?

Mike Smalling

I'm sorry Man Utd. fans, I have just watched MOTD2 on iPlayer and it was quite definitely a sending-off offence.

VAR got it right.

Specifically, when the tackle was made Casemiro was airbourne, so in no control of himself. Those out-of-control tackles are invariably given red cards (Fabian Delph got one for City awhile back).

I realise it must be hard to take - that Casemiro - will have lost 7 games at such a crucial time, perhaps he is beginning to realise that the English PL is the fastest league in the world and he needs to adapt to that. If Spurs and Newcastle finish the season well, you really could struggle to get top-4 and if that were to happen and it was a Man Utd. vs Arsenal Europa Cup Final in May, that would become a very, very big game indeed.

Having said that, what is the rule: if Arsenal have won or come 2nd in the PL and get CL that way if Arsenal won a Man Utd. vs Arsenal Europa final would your lot get a CL place anyway even if defeated?
That might be the case, but then the rule is applied incredibly inconstiently. Anthony Taylor gave a yellow for this, as I'm sure has already been pointed out.

Also, way to make a thread about Anthony Taylor into a thread about Arsenall.

Shinjch

VAR got it right.

What were your thoughts on the penalty shouts that VAR didn't intervene on?

I don't have huge objections to the red card to be fair.

SER19

VAR got it right.

Even if you think thats the case, a lot of the frustration is that so many very recent challenges that were arguably worse, didnt get a var red card, and in some cases didnt even get a yellow. Saka included, or more relevant the leicester challenge on saturday. Inconsistency is the problem and I know im not alone in thinking that when it comes to a united player, the referee will lean towards the red to avoid the national shitstorm that starts every time we get a 50/50. It's inconsistent and biased, perhaps an unconscious bias, but biased nonetheless. To follow it up with 2 very strong penalty appeals (not the fernandes one) just makes it worse. The decisions not given in recent weeks are scandalous, and there are too many at the moment to take on the chin and say they even out.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
That might be the case, but then the rule is applied incredibly inconstiently. Anthony Taylor gave a yellow for this, as I'm sure has already been pointed out.

The on-field referee initially awarded a yellow-card. He was advised to go and look at the monitor and he changed it to a red. This is an example of VAR working correctly and I hope all future flying tackles get the same response as that was a potential leg-breaker and there is no place for that in the game.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal

I have only seen brief highlights on the silent MOTD2 so I can't really comment. It is a shame that this weekend of all weekends the pundits were 'on strike' as I would have been interested in their views on the United vs Southampton game.

Stadjer

Tbf a lot here were saying that VVD should have gotten a red card for that. It was claimed as more proof that Liverpool is helped by referees.

Van Dijk defended it by saying it looks worse when slowed on video/var. Same as people now use to defend Casemiro.

But yes, it is inconsistent. Both should be red or both should be yellow. Personally i can live with a red card for Casemiro if that means everyone would be red carded for those moments. However next Premier League round we will likely see multiple referees giving a yellow without VAR intervention for the same, or worse l, situation.

Inconsistent refs are shit refs and the worst kind or refs. Taylor certainly is inconsistent.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
The on-field referee initially awarded a yellow-card. He was advised to go and look at the monitor and he changed it to a red. This is an example of VAR working correctly and I hope all future flying tackles get the same response as that was a potential leg-breaker and there is no place for that in the game.
Stop it.

big_jeffstar

this guy has to be wumming..”leg breaking flying tackle??!! He gets the ball and his foot rolls over it.. are you saying every tackle has to be below the middle of the ball? Even the Southampton players thought it was too harsh ffs

Arsenal fans are so boring this year, one half decent season and they’re talking like they’re the gatekeepers of football… your manager leaves his technical area for about 60 minutes literally every game, should VAR send him off for persistent rule breaking? Seems fair to me.. that is the rule after all..

Shinjch

Tbf a lot here were saying that VVD should have gotten a red card for that. It was claimed as more proof that Liverpool is helped by referees.

Van Dijk defended it by saying it looks worse when slowed on video/var. Same as people now use to defend Casemiro.

But yes, it is inconsistent. Both should be red or both should be yellow. Personally i can live with a red card for Casemiro if that means everyone would be red carded for those moments. However next Premier League round we will likely see multiple referees giving a yellow without VAR intervention for the same, or worse l, situation.

Inconsistent refs are shit refs and the worst kind or refs. Taylor certainly is inconsistent.
I won't argue against Taylor being a bad ref, but the issue here is more the consistency of VAR stepping in, no?

Did VAR tell the on-fied to go over and check for the VVD or Fabinho ones? If not, then what makes the Casemiro one more "clear and obvious"?

There needs to be much more transparency in the decision making behind VAR in order for it to work better,

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
According to a quick Googling they are:

Southampton (H) - 0-0 draw
Arsenal (A) - 2-3 loss
Aston Villa (A) - 1-3 loss
Nottingham Forest (H) - 3-0 win

I don't remember any specific incidents against Villa and Arsenal that influenced the game, but I think we lost those games for very different reasons.
It stretches back longer than this season. This nonsense.

3 reds in his last 15 matches reffing United. Not a single red ever given to an opposition team.

89 yellows to United. 49 to opposition.

He is dodgy when it comes to United.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
this guy has to be wumming..”leg breaking flying tackle??!! He gets the ball and his foot rolls over it.. are you saying every tackle has to be below the middle of the ball? Even the Southampton players thought it was too harsh ffs

Arsenal fans are so boring this year, one half decent season and they’re talking like they’re the gatekeepers of football… your manager leaves his technical area for about 60 minutes literally every game, should VAR send him off for persistent rule breaking? Seems fair to me.. that is the rule after all..
No, I am just saying what I saw on MOTD2.

Furthermore, I read today even ETH is not disputing the red card: "...Yes, he won the ball initially but he also caught Alcaraz thick on the right shin with his studs with his follow through and it was no surprise to see referee Anthony Taylor referred to the pitchside monitor by the Var Andre Marriner and rescind the yellow card he originally brandished and replace it with a red. It was serious foul play and dangerous."

sugar_kane

3 reds in his last 15 matches reffing United. Not a single red ever given to an opposition team.

feck's sake didn't realise he was refereeing the Boro match with the basketball dribble.

Even if it's by the letter of the law it makes no sense whatsoever. If you accidentally hit the ball with your hand just before assisting it's all good, and yet if that happened in an innocuous moment in the middle of the pitch the ref would blow straight away and award a free kick to the opposing team? Complete gibberish.

Aretak

People actually care what Dermot Gallagher says? Well you get what you deserve then. I avoid Sky like the plague but when I saw he was trending on Twitter I knew exactly why before having a quick look. You don't need to be Mystic Meg(RIP) to know he'll just back his chums up.
In fairness, he defended Bruno after the Liverpool game and pointed out that the assistant referee had manhandled him first, and so he didn't think it was a red card.

Chairman Steve

He was the ref in that Boro game last year? That photo just makes me mad knowing VAR looked at that and deemed it completely fine.

Drizzle

Im sure this was mentioned at some point in this thread, but there were rumours years ago that Taylor was a boyhood United fan, and given his birthplace that's very possible. He had a reputation for going easy on United until this rumour became more mainstream in social media a few years ago.

Since then my assumption is that he's basically been massively over-compensating to prove his neutrality. A clear case of GNS (Gary Neville Syndrome).

Either way, he must be removed from united games now. The statistics above are actually genuinely suspicious and the sample size is not small. The man fecks us over on the regular. We must complain and complain strongly.

evil_geko

Really don't understand why anyone should be blaming the ref, any ref. Unless you think that tackle is legitimate? Scholes had got away with this type of tackle for seasons, but no more under VAR. Handball or not is irrelevant, as our game should have never relied on any favours from the ref system. Sometimes lucky as with the City game, sometimes unlucky.
What do you mean "ref favors"? So expecting fair referring by the rules of the game is expecting "favors" from the ref? :houllier:

Wezzaldo

No, I am just saying what I saw on MOTD2.

Furthermore, I read today even ETH is not disputing the red card: "...Yes, he won the ball initially but he also caught Alcaraz thick on the right shin with his studs with his follow through and it was no surprise to see referee Anthony Taylor referred to the pitchside monitor by the Var Andre Marriner and rescind the yellow card he originally brandished and replace it with a red. It was serious foul play and dangerous."
All people want is consistency though. Dan Burn made exactly the same challenge in the game straight after, with exactly the same contact, yet a free kick wasn’t even given.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Isn't it because you used to deliberately miss the ball by aiming high, going over the top, and snapping someone's leg. Tackling and hitting the ball and your foot bouncing off and clipping a shin isn't the same.
It’s the same thing. Coming into a tackle aiming for the top of the ball knowing you’ll be able to claim it was a fair challenge while also knowing there’s a good chance of wrecking the opposition player. I don’t think there was any intent from Cas but the recklessness was exactly the same.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
All people want is consistency though. Dan Burn made exactly the same challenge in the game straight after, with exactly the same contact, yet a free kick wasn’t even given.
My problem is this- Taylor gave Casemiro a yellow card. The tackle itself could have been either a yellow or a red, it was what fans call an orange card wotthy foul. My problem is with VAR footage. It could not look worse even one tried very hard.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My problem is this- Taylor gave Casemiro a yellow card. The tackle itself could have been either a yellow or a red, it was what fans call an orange card wotthy foul. My problem is with VAR footage. It could not look worse even one tried very hard.
I don’t understand how people are not getting this point.

Fridge chutney

:lol: as if we care what Arsenal fans think. They are the first team to cry a river anytime a decision goes against them.

Drizzle

Comprehensive list for those interested. 2 wins in last 10, has never awarded an opponent a red card in 38 showings, and recent showings include yesterdays farce, the Villa freekick which Pgmol apologised for, the Middlesbrough handball last season (Worst decision in years), Penalty to chelsea at stamford bridge under carrick last season, and the Martial red card early on versus Spurs in the 6-1 loss at home.

I dont think it can be read and some sort of bias not at least be looked into. He's even awarded united double the number of yellows he gives opposition.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ant...n/1/land_id/0/heim_gast//verein_id/985/plus/1

So as well as the horrific individual decisions he's made (already one has received an official apology this season), his stats when reffing United games.

Yellow cards - 89 for United, 51 to the opposition.

Red cards - 3 for United, 0 to the opposition.

That is way beyond statistical blips. No way are we significantly dirtier than the average opponents. Never mind almost double the yellow cards! Sorry, I don't know what the reason is but this guy needs to be removed from United games for the next few months at least. He needs to feel the pressure.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Didn't Craig Pawson have one bad game against us and get relegated to the championship the next? It seems like Taylor has been getting away with it for a while

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The problem isn’t the sending off, the problem is the complete lack of consistency when Southampton got away with a similar tackle without even getting booked.

I can deal with shit reffing if it goes both way. Yesterday was completely one sided as it goes as Southampton could do whatever they want and wouldn’t get called for it.

RedRocket9908

So Bruno taken out by Ramsdale isn't a penalty then ? AWB foul in penalty area that no-one has seen a review of ever.
Not to mention Zinchenko clearly offside on the winning goal against us and VAR didnt even check, it think it was the 2nd year in a row that we lost an offside goal at the Emirates.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

I was actually interested in this after reading the comments here, but didn’t see much on MOTD- I think one?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Not to mention Zinchenko clearly offside on the winning goal against us and VAR didnt even check, it think it was the 2nd year in a row that we lost an offside goal at the Emirates.
You’ve just made that up man!

Status
Not open for further replies.