Anthony Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
Wait the point of var isn’t to help teams out it’s to get the right decision. Against Brighton we got the right decision as it was a handball. Personally I think the new interpretation needs to be reviewed but it’s a handball.

So var not noting the first instance of the elbow is fine because we got a decision last week?
If VAR reviewed the incident and decided not to take action or revert the call, then for whatever reason they decided it’s the right one?

there are numerous examples of decisions that doesn’t seem right even when VAR reviewed it, yet they went ahead.

as I said there will always be arguments here and there, but since VAR reviewed the incident you can’t really put it on the ref can you?
To me it was harsh red, yellow for both, but as you said with the new interpretation of the handball rule it was the right call, with the VAR interpretation of the red card it might be the right one for their reasoning.
It’s either we chose to go with VAR or not. No one will be 100% happy all the time.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Lamela has to go if Martial goes. Otherwise the refs are encouraging provocation and will only cause themselves problems in the future when players realise it gets rewarded rather than punished.

The Hilton

you mean the Lamela incident? Doesnt change our performance the slightest. We have a broken team and it has nothing to do with Anthony Taylor and he hasnt handed Tottenham the game, we have.
Why can't we criticise both? That is an outrageous decision, somehow striking a player in the throat is only a foul for one team, its absurd and has killed any chance we had in the game.

Just because we're crap, doesn't mean that the referee (and even more so VAR) aren't.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I've watched it over and over and still can't make sense of it. Quite possibly the most bizarre decision I've seen in football.

Idxomer

Shaw is already on his way down before Lamela grabs him, it was a good goal.
He pulled him away from the ball and stopped any chance for him to clear it, it's a foul even if that's not true. Intention and action also matter and Lamela wasn't even close to the ball.

Johnson Yip

Could have solved it two yellows.

However Martial is the one who make a stupid mistake.
Martial was stupid, but it didn't change the fact that the referee made a mistake to send him off. It was a ridiculous decision.

Mind you, I don't think we could have saved the game with 11 players on the pitch.

spiriticon

He should have looked at VAR and sent Lamela off as well but today's disasterclass is not really his fault.

We were on for a whopping even before Martial got sent off

kopviolator

Why can't we criticise both? That is an outrageous decision, somehow striking a player in the throat is only a foul for one team, its absurd and has killed any chance we had in the game.

Just because we're crap, doesn't mean that the referee (and even more so VAR) aren't.
you’re right. Of course you can criticise that. I just dont care myself when the team is brought on in such shape as we’re witnessing. game after game now.

The Hilton

you’re right. Of course you can criticise that. I just dont care myself when the team is brought on in such shape as we’re witnessing. game after game now.
Well every football fan should care, its exactly the kind of thing that VAR promised to end, yet they didn't even tell the ref to look at the screen.

kopviolator

Well every football fan should care, its exactly the kind of thing that VAR promised to end, yet they didn't even tell the ref to look at the screen.
I care about the performance. You will always have controversial decisions in football be it with or withour VAR. Complaining about one decision when being slaughtered seems rather ridiculous to me.

The Hilton

I care about the performance. You will always have controversial decisions in football be it with or withour VAR. Complaining about one decision when being slaughtered seems rather ridiculous to me.
Nah that's nonsense, it isn't one or the other. I care about the performance, and we have been absolutely rubbish, but I also care that VAR has failed so badly it can only be explained with either bias or incompetence.

Rolaholic

I've watched it over and over and still can't make sense of it. Quite possibly the most bizarre decision I've seen in football.
The decision was absurd and the decision to keep the original call after review even more so.

Like Tim Sherwood mentioned at halftime, either both deserved punishment or none. Makes no sense why only the retaliation got sanctioned so severely and the instigator gets off scott free.

Coleyoscar

The decision was absurd and the decision to keep the original call after review even more so.
Agree. Appalling decision. Taylor is a dreadful referee and always has been. Not an excuse for a bad performance by United but it needs to be highlighted. VAR is worse than useless because the ref in the screen room will almost always find a reason to support the official on the pitch. How else could you explain this?

UncleBob

I think its embarrassing pointing at the ref after a shit show like this but each to his own.
you do understand that the ref can have a shite performance as the same time as we do, it's not either one

dev1l

Tbf we did not lose because of him today. We were bad throughout .

Having said that Martial s sending off was harsh.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The red was one of the most disgraceful decisions I've seen - but it makes zero sense with the VAR. Isn't this exactly why we have it to clear up missed incidents like this?

He quite clearly hits Martial first and even harder with his forearm, Martial gives him a cheeky slap back. They either both get a red or not.

I genuinely cannot understand it. At 2-1 we still had a chance to get back into it but that completely sucked the life out of us.

Will he get punished or will we ever hear anything of it again? no. Lamela deserves a ban too.

K Stand Knut

Handed the game to Tottenham after the penalty.

Foul on Shaw by Lamela for the 1st goal.

Kane's foul for the 2nd goal when he was barely touched.

The red card was an absolute joke if he didn't even penalize Lamela.
Have you taken your red-tinted glasses off yet???

Ace of Spades

Tbf we did not lose because of him today. We were bad throughout .

Having said that Martial s sending off was harsh.
It killed the game, we made plenty of mistakes, having the ref make wrong calls just made it worse.

In the end, our performance has no bearing for the fact that this should not be happening. VAR is there to make right decisions, stuff like this is just a joke and makes the VAR seema a farce.

OldTrevil

No one is excusing the performance, but acting as though going 10 men down at that point in the game did not affect the outcome shows a terrible understanding of football. Not to mention that it was nonsensical to send Martial off and let Lamela go unpunished even after VAR review.

The message that such a call sends out is: Act like a little bitch and decisions will go your way, even if we review the footage and see you instigating violence and then acting like a little bitch. And yet the PL is supposed to be the tough and physical league. You couldn't make it up

BIGbadBOO4

Nothing will get done about Lamela because they would be admitting that VAR messed up big time. Just like the foul on Shaw and Kane being in the area for goalkock for 3rd, will get buried never to be talked about.
Var was terrible today, but we were so so poor today. It is like the team have never trained or been coached.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
Neither Martial nor Lamela should have been off.

Bailey and Shaw on the other end had far more violent incidents..

Sylar

I reckon he got everything right

I don't think he was helped. He should have been told lamela deserved a red too (or told that both did something so downgrade to yellow for martial)

The penalties were right. Fouls were right and nothing glaringly obvious as a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.