Anthony Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Handed the game to Tottenham after the penalty.

Foul on Shaw by Lamela for the 1st goal.

Kane's foul for the 2nd goal when he was barely touched.

The red card was an absolute joke if he didn't even penalize Lamela.

Santos J

Handed the game to Tottenham after the penalty.

Foul on Shaw by Lamela for the 1st goal.

Kane's foul for the 2nd goal when he was barely touched.

The red card was an absolute joke if he didn't even penalize Lamela.
Red card is a joke, first 2 are feck all to do with the ref. Maguire pulled Shaw down & the 2nd one was clearly a foul.

Enigma_87

You know who
We’re the second best team in third match in a row and you want to blame it on the ref?

since the peno they completely battered us

Meep

Worst decison so far this season on the red. Pathetic.

i think we could have turned it around but the ref wanted to be in the center..

Idxomer

We’re the second best team in third match in a row and you want to blame it on the ref?

We're shit, the ref it shit too.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

NK86

But that doesn't mean the ref didn't make a disgraceful decision. How did Lamela not see red after VAR.

Enigma_87

You know who
We're shit, the ref it shit too.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
There is VAR. Sometimes it helps us (Brighton) sometimes it doesn’t.
Blaming the refs is pathetic excuse. Half of our goals are penos and we had decisions going our way through VAR which refs would’ve missed without it.

Bwuk

Ridiculous that Martial got sent off and nothing for Lamela after VAR

Enigma_87

You know who
But that doesn't mean the ref didn't make a disgraceful decision. How did Lamela not see red after VAR.
There you go. It’s not only Taylor’s call.

Third goal was coming. Our defence is shambles. The red card didn’t really decide anything IMO.

Tel074

Totally agree . We have been battered in all 3 games this season against teams we should be beating if we want to finish top 4. 3 games into a season and it's completely fecked already .
I'm sick and tired of how the club is being run from top to bottom I'm sick of players not being able to do the simplest of jobs and I'm sick of our manager leaving VDB on the bench when he quite clearly should be starting

hp88

We are at fault for this but the Martial / Lamela incident was odd, they have both taken a hit so you would think the pair of them would be off.

NK86

There you go. It’s not only Taylor’s call.

Third goal was coming. Our defence is shambles. The red card didn’t really decide anything IMO.
Yes, VAR is shite, so is the ref. Why was it not a foul on Shaw for the first goal too!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Give over. We've conceded 7 goals at Old Trafford in 120 mins. Even before bad decisions, Palace and Spurs were all over us.

thesheriffjw

Panic panic panic.

this could be 7/8 by the end but that team should not be dominated like it is being. Awful

I will say it here now. Oleis not trusted by the board. He might go after transfer window closes, if not before

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
2 reds or none

VivaRonaldo85

Petulant from Martial but Lamela has to be red too. I mean have VAR and Taylor even seen the elbow or have they just determined it’s fine to do that without any punishment? Astonishing

Idxomer

Maguire is stupid but he's not the one trying to take off Shaw's shirt.

Drainy

This is why players should go down and let the referee decide what to do rather than react. If he had have gone down like Lamela it would be a different game.

Rolaholic

That red was absurd and even more absurd was Lamela escaping punishment for instigating all of it after a review

The rest has been our own doing unfortunately but the dynamic of the match changed for good after the sending off

Fergies Gum

Petulant from Martial but Lamela has to be red too. I mean have VAR and Taylor even seen the elbow or have they just determined it’s fine to do that without any punishment? Astonishing
Apparently Lamela was given a yellow.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Could have solved it two yellows.

However Martial is the one who make a stupid mistake.

Enigma_87

You know who
Totally agree . We have been battered in all 3 games this season against teams we should be beating if we want to finish top 4. 3 games into a season and it's completely fecked already .
I'm sick and tired of how the club is being run from top to bottom I'm sick of players not being able to do the simplest of jobs and I'm sick of our manager leaving VDB on the bench when he quite clearly should be starting
Agreed. I know that it’s hindsight and all but allowing talents like Gomes to leave for free is appalling.
Yes, VAR is shite, so is the ref. Why was it not a foul on Shaw for the first goal too!
as I said I don’t know if you can put it on the ref or on VAR. If VAR sees the incident then it should be able to overrule the call regardless of what it is. They didn’t. Feck knows who had the final call on that. With VAR - we either go along with all the calls or don’t - there’s no middle ground for me.

binary bot
Apparently decisions dont matter if a team is playing shit. We should just blow up whenever its apparent what team is winning a match. No team has ever improved during a game.

Sorry but at 2-1 that decision decides the match. Its madness that its happening in a post VAR game.

OneUnited24

There is VAR. Sometimes it helps us (Brighton) sometimes it doesn’t.
Blaming the refs is pathetic excuse. Half of our goals are penos and we had decisions going our way through VAR which refs would’ve missed without it.
Wait the point of var isn’t to help teams out it’s to get the right decision. Against Brighton we got the right decision as it was a handball. Personally I think the new interpretation needs to be reviewed but it’s a handball.

So var not noting the first instance of the elbow is fine because we got a decision last week?

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Maguire is stupid but he's not the one trying to take off Shaw's shirt.
Damn didn't even see that. Just thought Maguire pushed him down but it turned out Lamela was pulling his shirt. Don't they review all goals under VAR when they are scored?

Idxomer

Pathetic to blame the referee for this
Again him being shit has nothing to do with our shit performance, nobody is blaming him for that.

He's largely responsible for that scoreline though whether some people like to think they're above blaming the ref or not.

thesheriffjw

Damn didn't even see that. Just thought Maguire pushed him down but it turned out Lamela was pulling his shirt. Don't they review all goals under VAR when they are scored?
and what about maguires header that lead to it???

no excuses. Shyte

flappyjay

Yeah and Brighton played well against us and lost. Football doesn't work like that. And don't say it like a red card is some small non game changing decision.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Pathetic to blame the referee for this
I don’t think we would’ve won if Martial was still on the pitch but as terrible as our defense is the ref and the VAR room are even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.