Anti Reddit ITKs v2 | Conveniently Receiving The Day Before

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
At what point does everyone wake up and smell the coffee that if you want to have a fun “ITK” experience you own up to the fact it’s mainly bollocks don't charge people and see what shit sticks.

croadyman

Nah mate I was just taking the piss about ITKs reporting what they read on forums, poor attempt at humor perhaps :)
Just feeling a little frustrated that we didn't get a single transfer story out of Utd today

binary bot
Went for the vaguest possible information and still got it wrong :lol:

pascell

Some posters on there are now claiming an article by Ducker and Ducker only, is in fact a 'staggered' brief that was predicted by one of the 'ITKs'. Man I feel sorry for them :lol:

Nick7

Some posters on there are now claiming an article by Ducker and Ducker only, is in fact a 'staggered' brief that was predicted by one of the 'ITKs'. Man I feel sorry for them :lol:
They thought that yesterday about some random mail article.

ubergorp

:lol:

I see they‘ve gone hard on deleting any posts that criticize them. They’ve also started hiding the post scores because all the posts criticizing the IDKs were getting massively upvoted while jroades shit was getting heavily downvoted.
There were plenty of people commenting in the subreddit in bad faith, as well as some good old fashioned trolls. We deleted those comments and banned those users, if that's what you mean?

We hid post scores because we were getting downvote brigaded - EVERYones comments, not just mods' comments. Trolls were being upvoted, too.

Y'know, I suspect some of those people came from this very thread, seeing as though many here seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it all, though I have no proof to back it up!

ubergorp

Also, it seems the brief thing was incorrect, shame as that ITK had a decent track record with those

izec

:lol:

They all deserve what they are getting.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
There were plenty of people commenting in the subreddit in bad faith, as well as some good old fashioned trolls. We deleted those comments and banned those users, if that's what you mean?

We hid post scores because we were getting downvote brigaded - EVERYones comments, not just mods' comments. Trolls were being upvoted, too.

Y'know, I suspect some of those people came from this very thread, seeing as though many here seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it all, though I have no proof to back it up!
In bad faith? Those that I have seen are merely pointing out significant flaws and in some cases outright lies.

Hiding post scores does nothing but alienate people. A massive part of Reddit is the ability to downvote content that isn’t good enough and upvote that which is. Now you’re creating an echo chamber of generic compliance.

Maybe people were upvoting comments they liked. I know I would upvote those with genuine muppet updates for example the guy who posted the Grealish photo on a plane. It made me laugh it was true muppetry.

You are censoring to the point where Reddit is now probably not the best place for you to do what you want to and absolutely nobody on here has it ever will be encouraged to troll that thread. We are muppets in the truest form and of course we will observe and laugh at the ridiculousness of some of the claims especially when the vaguest and safest bs like they’ll be a brief on Monday fall flat on their arses.

Honestly I think you guys have really missed the point of muppetry. If you have “ITKs” just share it all and let the people decided what is good and what isn’t. This semi hiding just makes any actual release seem backed by you and when those releases don’t come to fruition people will not be happy and not see the point in the sub.

Go full muppet, release any rumours and make it a fun and stupid venture where hope thrives but with a tremendous pinch of salt and be tongue in cheek with it too. You can’t successfully muppet through trying to appear legit and professional as it’s the antethesis of what muppetry is about. Being silly.

Reddit is about free speech and freedom to share and promote whatever views you have. Equally you’ll soon find out if people don’t agree and the system works.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
At what point does everyone wake up and smell the coffee that if you want to have a fun “ITK” experience you own up to the fact it’s mainly bollocks don't charge people and see what shit sticks.
I mean that subreddit isn't some well intentioned community, that got carried away. It's a scam to milk people's naivety and stupidity for money.

ubergorp

In bad faith? Those that I have seen are merely pointing out significant flaws and in some cases outright lies.
If you can convince me these comments were made by people who were in the subreddit to actually participate rather than to kick up dust, I will hand over the keys to the subreddit to you oh wise one.
I don't doubt some comments were removed a little harshly, especially when we've had so many shitty comments recently that we've got annoyed/frustrated/trigger happy. We are human after all and it's really not that nice seeing strangers on the internet give you shit. Also we make mistakes.

Hiding post scores does nothing but alienate people. A massive part of Reddit is the ability to downvote content that isn’t good enough and upvote that which is. Now you’re creating an echo chamber of generic compliance.

Maybe people were upvoting comments they liked. I know I would upvote those with genuine muppet updates for example the guy who posted the Grealish photo on a plane. It made me laugh it was true muppetry.
When regular users are noticing everything getting downvoted, immediately after getting linked to/slated on r/soccer, I'm not so sure it's a coincidence.
Side note - "Maybe people were upvoting comments they liked" is the exact same logic as "Maybe the ITK was right but things actually changed at the last minute" which you lot slate some of the subreddits users for. No-one can ever know either of those things.

You are censoring to the point where Reddit is now probably not the best place for you to do what you want to and absolutely nobody on here has it ever will be encouraged to troll that thread. We are muppets in the truest form and of course we will observe and laugh at the ridiculousness of some of the claims especially when the vaguest and safest bs like they’ll be a brief on Monday fall flat on their arses.

Honestly I think you guys have really missed the point of muppetry. If you have “ITKs” just share it all and let the people decided what is good and what isn’t. This semi hiding just makes any actual release seem backed by you and when those releases don’t come to fruition people will not be happy and not see the point in the sub.

Go full muppet, release any rumours and make it a fun and stupid venture where hope thrives but with a tremendous pinch of salt and be tongue in cheek with it too. You can’t successfully muppet through trying to appear legit and professional as it’s the antethesis of what muppetry is about. Being silly.
Honestly mate I'm sick of you telling us what we should and shouldn't do. Every single post of yours has some form of unwarranted advice.
Muppetry isn't a thing. There is no dictionary definition. Imagine trying to gatekeep that :lol:
Start your own bloody subreddit if you care so much. You obviously don't like this one.

Reddit is about free speech and freedom to share and promote whatever views you have. Equally you’ll soon find out if people don’t agree and the system works.
Sure but free speech does not mean I have to tolerate people being nasty. Reddit is a platform for people to create and sculpt their own communities, with their own subreddit rules. One of ours is "Negativity is allowed and criticism is more than welcome, encouraged even. That being said, it must be constructive and respectful."
If you have a problem with that as a rule then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - -

I mean that subreddit isn't some well intentioned community, that got carried away. It's a scam to milk people's naivety and stupidity for money.
Yet you still believe the vicious rumour that we personally profit from it? Who's the naive one again?

- - -

You do see the irony on this phrasing... thats basically the whole ITK approach.
Yes, I do. The irony was intentional, hence the "!" at the end. Thanks for making sure I understood my own joke though.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If you can convince me these comments were made by people who were in the subreddit to actually participate rather than to kick up dust, I will hand over the keys to the subreddit to you oh wise one.
I don't doubt some comments were removed a little harshly, especially when we've had so many shitty comments recently that we've got annoyed/frustrated/trigger happy. We are human after all and it's really not that nice seeing strangers on the internet give you shit. Also we make mistakes.

When regular users are noticing everything getting downvoted, immediately after getting linked to/slated on r/soccer, I'm not so sure it's a coincidence.
Side note - "Maybe people were upvoting comments they liked" is the exact same logic as "Maybe the ITK was right but things actually changed at the last minute" which you lot slate some of the subreddits users for. No-one can ever know either of those things.

Honestly mate I'm sick of you telling us what we should and shouldn't do. Every single post of yours has some form of unwarranted advice.
Muppetry isn't a thing. There is no dictionary definition. Imagine trying to gatekeep that :lol:
Start your own bloody subreddit if you care so much. You obviously don't like this one.

Sure but free speech does not mean I have to tolerate people being nasty. Reddit is a platform for people to create and sculpt their own communities, with their own subreddit rules. One of ours is "Negativity is allowed and criticism is more than welcome, encouraged even. That being said, it must be constructive and respectful."
If you have a problem with that as a rule then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - -

Yet you still believe the vicious rumour that we personally profit from it? Who's the naive one again?

- - -

Yes, I do. The irony was intentional, hence the "!" at the end. Thanks for making sure I understood my own joke though.
First comment absolutely the rest though are being harshly removed for being critical. You remove non constructive criticism but not non constructive praise? I genuinely think you are creating a deliberate echo chamber.

I know it’s not nice and of course you are human too however you need to accept that if you are claiming to have an inside knowledge and people can pay to support you that the public absolutely has every right to call out BS when they see it in the same way they have the right to ignore it or pay towards your patreon. Someone calling someone out for lying isn’t abuse if it’s factual. I think it’s disgusting if people are calling others names etc and would never condone that but their is a difference between the two.,Actions have consequences and the way the sub is set up is becoming more and more like you guys want it to come across as legit where let’s be honest you all don’t have a clue who is actually giving info unless you’ve met them all in person how do you know I’m not one of the ITKs for example?

The thing is again the people of Reddit have the right to upvote and downvote. If you want to remain hidden etc that’s fine but you are trying to expand so people will take notice and the more people that see questionable practices from yourselves the more downvotes your sub will get.

I’m trying to put across what fundamental flaws you are ignoring whether or not you want to listen to people who would love to get involved in a muppet subreddit is up to you but being ignorant of its flaws and ignoring all kinds of criticism (I believe mine to be constructive as you have requested it be) is only going to end up with a whole bunch of pissed off redditors.

Muppetry absolutely is a thing. It’s not the same as peddling ITK info and if that’s the route you want to go down good luck. You’d be better off rebranding as an ITK subreddit because I know people go to your sub see what it’s about and realise it’s not muppetry but an attempt to try and make ITKs legit and have a growing audience for your podcasts etc,

It’s not that I don’t like it I just think you’re setting yourselves up for another big failure like jroades did because you’re branding it incorrectly as a muppet thread when it’s an “ITK” thread. You’re taking it too seriously to try and legitimise info that you don’t know is true by withholding info you don’t have “proof” for. This suggests then that anything else released is proven when we all know it’s not. It’s here say.

Have I ever been nasty to you? No. Have I been critical absolutely but within that criticism I’m giving you the views and feeling of that threads community too. The comments you delete and ignore I read and users have messaged to try and get feedback out To you but are fearful of being removed from the sub for voicing it.

Believe it or not but I’m trying to help you through constructive and respectful criticism.

Based Adnan

Benfica linked to one of our players and on cue, a Portuguese ITK pops up out of nowhere :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If the lads down at The Muppet Inn gave people something worth upvoting, I'm sure they would.
Problem is, they know feck all, and Uber, along with them, knows this.

The only ITK info they have is that they're all full of shit..
Post that and I'll gladly go and upvote it.

Cliche Guevara

Also, it seems the brief thing was incorrect, shame as that ITK had a decent track record with those

Briefs!

Utter nonsense. The way people are awarding credibility to ITKs on the basis of briefs is utter bollocks.

Anything the press write is not a brief and if there ever is a brief it’s from Ed straight to the media and not via a meeting of assorted nobodies at the club.

fecking briefs.

LonelyFire

I genuinely have concerns for the wellbeing of the people who buy into this nonsense. It’s like a cult - “He’s got a good track record...” it beggars belief what some people believe.

Lads, multi million pound signings are not leaked onto reddit. Stop believing otherwise.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Ya know. If Ubergorp believes in his system and being an honest guy that he is, he should take away the patreon, out of respect for the decent and trusting posters they have acquired.
They have a private discord, they also have this +1 system etc, so trusted posters etc should be allowed access to these 'restricted' areas for free.

Cause ya know, Uber aint making a penny out of this ;)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What rumour? Last time I checked Patreon and Youtube were not charity sites.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
What rumour? Last time I checked Patreon and Youtube were not charity sites.
I was about to edit my post but then you said what I was just thinking.
Maybe instead of a patreon, how about members that want to do good and also gain access to the external members only places, donate to a charity of Ubergorp's choice for the requested amount.

That way paying, serious members still get to join, and Ubergorp does a good deed as the money is never the motivation for him and the other mods

Nick7

Also the ITK that said there was a brief the past weekend has “lost his source” :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I knew Muppet Tiers was meant to be a joke when they put 70% confidence on one of Grealish or vdB signing for United but 50% confidence on Grealish signing for United and 50% confidence on vdB signing for United.

Both mean the same thing and had different percentages. 70% and 50%. Ubergorp, just what kind of people did you employ to maintain the website? :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I knew Muppet Tiers was meant to be a joke when they put 70% confidence on one of Grealish or vdB signing for United but 50% confidence on Grealish signing for United and 50% confidence on vdB signing for United.

Both mean the same thing and had different percentages. 70% and 50%. Ubergorp, just what kind of people did you employ to maintain the website? :lol:
They don’t mean the same thing.

Using basic probability as an example, say there are 5 options. Option Grealish has 1/5 chance and option VDB has 1/5 chance. The probability then of either Grealish or VDB happening is 2/5, not 1/5.

I mean, their numbers are just pulled out of their ass on no basis. But still, they aren’t the same thing.