Antoine Griezmann signs for Barcelona or maybe not?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
€125m is crazy money for a 28 year old who hasn't shown his best form for a good year or two now. Good deal for Atletico.

crossy1686

career ending
€125m is crazy money for a 28 year old who hasn't shown his best form for a good year or two now. Good deal for Atletico.
Barcelona’s transfer strategy since Pep left is worse than ours in my opinion.

Once Messi bows out they’re going to be in a world of trouble. Back to the days of the pre-90’s

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Unless Griezmann is going to play CB, Barcelona have bigger issues
They also need a CF going by Suarez's performance in CL, more importantly against Liverpool.

They are not weak in CB area. They will sign De Ligt and they have Pique and Lenglet. They have so many options that they are looking to offload Umtiti who will start for most teams.

crossy1686

career ending
They also need a CF going by Suarez's performance in CL, more importantly against Liverpool.

They are not weak in CB area. They will sign De Ligt and they have Pique and Lenglet. They have so many options that they are looking to offload Umtiti who will start for most teams.
Can they afford De Ligt after this signing? Bearing in mind they’ve already bought De Jong also?

Massive Spanner

Barcelona’s transfer strategy since Pep left is worse than ours in my opinion.

Once Messi bows out they’re going to be in a world of trouble. Back to the days of the pre-90’s
No way. Since he left they've signed Suarez, Neymar, Arthur, De Jong, Semedo, Umtiti, Rakitic, Ter Stegen, Alba, Dembele. How the hell is that worse than ours? Sure they've had terrible ones too, but come on.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Someone in another forum wrote that he can't see Griezmann fitting into Barca's or City's system.
Currently I just see ManUtd with the financial power and need for a good striker of that calibre.

Toad

I don’t think Greizmann is a Barca type player, just seems odd to me. Seems more of a Chelsea player to me.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Someone in another forum wrote that he can't see Griezmann fitting into Barca's or City's system.
Currently I just see ManUtd with the financial power and need for a good striker of that calibre.
Griezmann would actually be a perfect fit in the false 9 role that Ole likes to employ. But there's no way Griezmann is going to want the come here at this point.

Toad

What is a Chelsea player?
I don’t even know. I just mean I can picture him in a Chelsea shirt and playing for them. They always switch out there forwards and he just seems to fit the squad :lol: would be weird to see him playing at Barcelona. Then again so have slit off there recent signings for me. Maybe I’m just used to the old Barca players that had been there for the best part of their careers.

Dan600

Seeing lots of links to Liverpool this morning? Trying to work out where he plays at all these different clubs, with us it’s easy, but Liverpool? Replaces Mane? Firmino? Would Mane be sold, or Firmino on the bench?

And at Barca I imagine Coutunho would be gone, and he fits left back in a 4-3-3? Don’t see how he fits in a 4-4-2 with Messi/Suarez.

Same with a City, where would he fit? Replacement for Jesus/Aguero, then in rotation with 1 staying and 1 going? PSG with Neymar, Mbappe and Griezmann as a front 3? He certainly looks to fit into some clubs more than others, I can’t imagine him at Barca in their current system so does Valverde go?

How would you feel if he joins Liverpool/City? It makes me nervous because i can’t see how he fits at Barca and I feel sure he would push City or Liverpool further ahead of the pack and us..

crossy1686

career ending
No way. Since he left they've signed Suarez, Neymar, Arthur, De Jong, Semedo, Umtiti, Rakitic, Ter Stegen, Alba, Dembele. How the hell is that worse than ours? Sure they've had terrible ones too, but come on.
I'll rephrase that, since they lost the DOF that worked with Pep and moved to City with him 3 seasons ago. Their transfer strategy is scattergun at best.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'll rephrase that, since they lost the DOF that worked with Pep and moved to City with him 3 seasons ago. Their transfer strategy is scattergun at best.
Still a lot better than Uniteds

Massive Spanner

that's not rephrasing it, that's backtracking and then making a completely different point to try cover up your incorrect one :)

Come on, we both know their transfers have still been way better than ours.

tomaldinho1

I feel like that spells the end for Coutinho

I always thought Hazard would suit them best with his style of play - can you imagine if they had a Hazard - Messi - Griezmann front three.

redshaw

Think he'll stay in Spain. Most likely Barcelona and I wouldn't put it past this lad to move to Real from Atletico.

I expect Messi and co will want Griezmann to add a clinical striker for the CL and he can pick up the league title he's been dreaming of

Seeing Barca's CL big losses away from home in recent years, they could even set up differently sometimes with Griezmann.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really don't care about a player who is firstly way overrated, secondly not a United player and thirdly not likely to be.
Which makes that comment very strange.:lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Not sure about his fitness though, read he did his knee couple of times and bit of injury prone.
Not a couple of times, he had one injury a year ago but avoided surgery in order to play the World Cup, he only went for a long term fix in November.

roonster09

Scout
Not a couple of times, he had one injury a year ago but avoided surgery in order to play the World Cup, he only went for a long term fix in November.
So he isn't injury prone?

Bwuk

Would love him here but he’s not going to come here.

Barca moving to 3 at the back?

Ter Stergen
De Ligt - Pique - Lenglet
Roberto - De Jong - Arthur - Alba
Messi
Griezmann - Suarez​

JPRouve

Scout
So he isn't injury prone?
He had one seemingly important injury that he was able to play through, I don't know what his future is made of, from an injury standpoint.

roonster09

Scout
He had one seemingly important injury that he was able to play through, I don't know what his future is made of, from an injury standpoint.
I was checking his league stats, he has played more than 30 games only twice which was bit worrying.

crossy1686

career ending
that's not rephrasing it, that's backtracking and then making a completely different point to try cover up your incorrect one :)

Come on, we both know their transfers have still been way better than ours.
Malcom: £37m
Coutinho: £130m
Dembele: £113m
Paulinho: £36m
Mina: £10.5m

They've bought a few decent one's as well like Arthur (£27m) and Vidal (£16m) but they loaned Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo in January which highlights the issues they've got.

If we'd have spent north of £300m on a front line to replace Neymar and ended up with those flops we'd be going fecking mental in here, and rightly so.

Bole Top

I know Suarez is declining, but I don't see how he'll fit at the moment. then again, not every player is bought because he's necessary today. Griezmann is a quality player that became available and it's completely logical for Barca to get him and remain strong while already being on the top of the league. you don't wait to finish seventh and then buy.

they're obviously willing to accept loss on Coutinho, Malcolm will get sold or loaned, Rakitic is likely going + Rafinha and Umtiti. in worst case, they're getting another Coutinho who won't contribute as much as they hoped to but I doubt Griezman will be that bad.

JPRouve

Scout
I was checking his league stats, he has played more than 30 games only twice which was bit worrying.
He didn't start his career as a starter, during his second season he wins his spot after a couple of months, the next summer he is with France U21 and misses the first 4 games, then he has two +30 games seasons. At Barcelona it's a mix of rotation, small injuries and that one knee injury. There is nothing special about his injury record outside of the knee injury which should always be taken seriously.

Massive Spanner

They've bought a few decent one's as well like Arthur (£27m) and Vidal (£16m) but they loaned Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo in January which highlights the issues they've got.

If we'd have spent north of £300m on a front line to replace Neymar and ended up with those flops we'd be going fecking mental in here, and rightly so.
Dembele hasn't been a flop and Paulinho was actually really good for them for a season. Mina they sold for a £20m profit so how is that a bad buy? Coutinho is the one that looks like a flop.

And anyway, it wasn't your original statement was it? Like I said, backtrack to try and make it look like you weren't wrong.

roonster09

Scout
He didn't start his career as a starter, during his second season he wins his spot after a couple of months, the next summer he is with France U21 and misses the first 4 games, then he has two +30 games seasons. At Barcelona it's a mix of rotation, small injuries and that one knee injury. There is nothing special about his injury record outside of the knee injury which should always be taken seriously.
Thanks for the info. Maybe his injury concern is overplayed.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
Indeed and they get rid of the problem to their wage structure which is the 23M €/Year (more than CR7 ever made in Real) Griezmann is making.

Cant imagine he's gonna make less in Barcelona, so i have no idea how they are gonna manage that and keep everyone in the squad happy.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Gosh, the transfer fees are disgusting. £113 million for the guy who choked two piss easy chances in the CL SF and £130 million for a flop. They might not be as bad as us but those two transfers, in particular, were stupid.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
A guy I can't stand joining a team I can't stand. Match made in heaven.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Griezmann would actually be a perfect fit in the false 9 role that Ole likes to employ. But there's no way Griezmann is going to want the come here at this point.
Money talks so I wouldn't say it's impossible. Especially when you think of a base; De Gea - new CB - Pogba - Griezmann.