Antonio Conte Sack Watch (Spurs) - GONTE

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Funny thing is if he's still in charge for Everton away he'll still pick mostly the same players.

Emerson was in really good run of form so not sure why he's dropped....Dier is still starting most weeks which says it all. Son has been terrible all season yet been benched for about 3 games.

No good ranting about the personnel if you do little to change it. Skipp-Sarr was actually really good at the San Siro so sure that's a CM combination that can be o.k against bottom half teams at least.

People go on Hojbjerg but he's a DM infront of a backline that's shipped 19 goals since world cup break so he needs to be taking more responsibility.

Vapor trail

What he's saying is 100% correct. There are elements where he also must take responsibility but even some of the transfers signed off like Djed Spence were supposedly without his approval. The issue with Spurs always has and always will be Levy. He's philosophy behind things is perhaps good for a team in the top 10 but not much more for actually competing.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This stinks of Mourinho's 'football heritage' rant. Conte can pretend that he's speaking on behalf of the fans by criticising the culture at the club, but there's no escaping the fact that he's giving rival fans another stick to beat them with. He's essentially mocking the fans for not getting to see Spurs win any silverware, whilst also trying to absolve himself of any blame.

Such a stark contrast to Ten Hag's solution-oriented approach. We really dodged a bullet by not hiring Conte.

SAF is the GOAT

If this guy was to deal with half of the problems ETH was facing - he drop his toys to the ground and leave.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think a lot of the Spurs fans heralding this as some sort of calling out of the board/players will regret it later on.

It is horrifyingly memeworthy and has humiliated their club. That will be the lasting memory from it.

scottser

You just know David Squires will be practicing his
Conte sketches over the weekend.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Btw how have his signings done from a shifting the mentality point of view?

wangyu

It is basically Conte saying “lads it’s spurs”. Very embarassing for everyone involved with them.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This stinks of Mourinho's 'football heritage' rant. Conte can pretend that he's speaking on behalf of the fans by criticising the culture at the club, but there's no escaping the fact that he's giving rival fans another stick to beat them with. He's essentially mocking the fans for not getting to see Spurs win any silverware, whilst also trying to absolve himself of any blame.

Such a stark contrast to Ten Hag's solution-oriented approach. We really dodged a bullet by not hiring Conte.
To be fair it's easy to be classy when you're doing alright

Loon

:lol:
He doesn’t even want to wait until June, he wants his payoff now. He’s put -Levy on the spot.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
This season's pressers have been a lot of fun. Pep, Klopp, Nathan Jones - and now Conte.

The couple of Spurs fans I do know hate his football but agree with his emotions. It's on the players, they say, and therefore on Levy.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
This season's pressers have been a lot of fun. Pep, Klopp, Nathan Jones - and now Conte.

The couple of Spurs fans I do know hate his football but agree with his emotions. It's on the players, they say, and therefore on Levy.

They've spent close to 300m in the last 2 seasons.
Who's idea was it to buy Richarlyson, Romero, Perisic, Bissouma and the likes??

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
The issue here is: is there a need to tell the media/whole wide world? Behind closed doors would have been enough.

He’s merely just saying “it’s not my fault” if I got the sack tomorrow.

ti vu

It's the only realistic and useful objective left for them this season. Anyway, it's all fun and games because he's not our manager. I don't care what happens with other teams but I'd gladly take 4th or 3rd place as our objective for the league this season as it's a platform to push on to achieve better things next season.
He's not staying for next season. He quit on Juventus, Inter after they won the league. Highly unlikely he would extend even if Levy offers a new contract (his contract expire at the end of this season).

He's making this "the history of Tottenham" rant, pretty much saying no manager can win anything with Spurs. Levy better sack him now because he is not working toward any objective for Spurs. He'd already crossed the point of no return. Making or missing top 4 doesn't bother him anymore.

Last edited:

NK86

47% wanted him here.
That time it was between him and Ole and I am sure most would still prefer him if given the option between those two even now. The attempt for cheap point scoring by some on here is funny.

always_hoping

Type of comments to say to the players in the dressing room and not in front of media. Conte just like Jose and knows what he at and reaction it will create.

ti vu

I agree with what he is saying but not in front of the cameras Conte, you toupee muppet.
The issue here is: is there a need to tell the media/whole wide world? Behind closed doors would have been enough.

He’s merely just saying “it’s not my fault” if I got the sack tomorrow.
Type of comments to say to the players in the dressing room and not in front of media. Conte just like Jose and knows what he at and reaction it will create.
He's burning bridge so he would leave. His contract expires this summer with another year option for Spurs. He's making the point public now to force Levy's hand. It's not a motivational speech for the players. He's making his stance known now: he wants to quit.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Wonder if any spurs players are sleeping with the fishes this morning. Conte looked he wanted to start a war between the families .

tenpoless

Expected him to say sometimes maybe good, most of the time shit. Kane if you have a brain just leave that club. You are not going to win anything until you retire.

always_hoping

He's burning bridge so he would leave. His contract expires this summer with another year option for Spurs. He's making the point public now to force Levy's hand. It's not a motivational speech for the players. He's making his stance known now: he wants to quit.
Spurs still have a decent chance of finishing top 4 (one of their season objectives) such public stances isn't going to help those chances. Sacked with a big pay out is what wants, Jose did the same at the end of his time at United. Both shouldn't be let near another management job in the Premier League.

NK86

Wasn't that poll about who to replace Ole? EtH was on there as well.
Eth was never coming here mid season and we needed someone to come in for Ole asap. However my point stands, cheap point scoring post was all that it was.

ti vu

Spurs still have a decent chance of finishing top 4 (one of their season objectives) such public stances isn't going to help those chances. Sacked with a big pay out is what wants, Jose did the same at the end of his time at United. Both shouldn't be let near another management job in the Premier League.
He doesn't care. His stance is something along this line: he's rather winning if it's meant not playing CL. If his team in CL, then he wants even more investment to continue to win domestically and challenge for the CL. Making/missing top 4 doesn't mean achievement/failure in his view.

It's not about the pay out. He's not playing to get the one year extension triggered, then quit for money. He wants to make sure he can leave after this season. Like at Inter, he had been paving the way to leave way before he won the league and asked to leave without the pay out.

Last edited:

kaku06

Italians do love to shit on Tottenham and do love to repeat “this is Tottenham, it’s the history of Tottenham” something like that to the media infront of the whole world :lol::lol:

No matter what Spurs, just stay away Stay away from Italians.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I get that what he's saying is spot on and all that. But don't you think it's not a great idea to be saying all of this to the media? Spurs still have plenty to play for in the season.

I don't think any manager should air dirty laundry like this.
He clearly is trying to get a response from the players because they appear very casual right now. He is doing this to try and give us a better chance at getting top 4. I don't give a crap how it looks and I think it's great that he has done this because by God is he right.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He suuuuupeeeer gone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Said this for years, he's Mourinho without the charm and charisma. Wonder if this is the start of his decay or just a blip

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think this is brilliant, genuinely. He has called out the owner, the club and some of the players for just being happy to do ok and don't want the pressure that comes with really challenging. He is 100% right and I'm delighted to hear him say it. He is probably gone now unfortunately though but I'm glad he is going out swinging because this needs to be said .
Yep. He's questioning an entrenched culture. He lives and dies by the sword at domestic level. He's crap in Europe, however, but that's not what this is about.

Get the feeling Spurs have a really bad reputation in Italy: "The history of the Spurs." Seems to be a known thing over there.

crossy1686

career ending
He suuuuupeeeer gone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Said this for years, he's Mourinho without the charm and charisma. Wonder if this is the start of his decay or just a blip
He’s an angry Mourinho, that’s it. He’s right about the players but it’s also his job to change their mentality.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
I agree with your overall point.

However, they’re not egomaniacs - they’re psychopaths.
Out of these, I'll say only Jose is on the psychopathic/sociopathic spectrum. Infact he has multiple characteristics of that.

But for the others, it would be a bit much and I'd classify that as throwing these terms around easily. Just my 2 cents on this.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Absolutely mental. They have the 4-6th best squad in the league, and spend the 5-6th most money. They’re currently 4th. Why the feck has he lost his mind, or is he just trying to get sacked?

He's been a winner his whole career (as a player and manager). He's not used to everyone around him being happy with 4th-6th and it's driven him mad.

Other than financially, Spurs was a terrible move for him.