Antonio Conte Sack Watch (Spurs) - GONTE

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They look like more of a bottling team than the Mourinho capitulation.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Should've been created Day 1, he was a ticking timebomb with Levy as Chairman.

He won't last the season, I see him departing pretty soon.

Vapor trail

Just don't think this Spurs team are very good. Below par midfield, no decent fullbacks and Romero probably the only notable defender. I think the front three are good but that's not enough to drag the rest of the teams performance levels.

slored1

Gone by the next three weeks I think. Who can replace him? Poch back? Tuchel?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Should've been created Day 1, he was a ticking timebomb with Levy as Chairman.

He won't last the season, I see him departing pretty soon.
He cant blame Levy. Spent in summer and last Jan and are rubbish

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah I was delighted that we avoided this Mourinho wannabe, much to the bafflement of the so called 'experts' in the media.
I wonder who are the most sensible and knowledgeable pundits. Neville wanted Poch and I wouldn't trust him to have any say at United. Plenty of people spoke about United missing a trick for not getting serial winner Conte, who we all know plays tumescent football and is a pound shop Mourinho (latter day Mourinho at that). Did any pundit or United journo specifically hope for ETH? I know Mitten would have fancied the back-then-impossible Luis Enrique, but that's the only sensible take I remember.

el3mel

Gone by the next three weeks I think. Who can replace him? Poch back? Tuchel?
They'll bring Poch back 100%. I can see him failing this time too.

Conte failed but Spurs problems are far bigger than the managers imo.

Robbie Boy

I remember some of the fantastic mental gymnastics on here when he was linked with us, about how eh, he's actually a misunderstood attack minded manager :lol:

Kaos

I remember some of the fantastic mental gymnastics on here when he was linked with us, about how eh, he's actually a misunderstood attack minded manager :lol:
It was the same mental gymnastics with Mourinho, something something but but his real Madrid team scored 100 goals!

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
1 or 2 more games then he’s off IMO.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
1 or 2 more games then he’s off IMO.
Question is, can they a) afford the severance package b) manage to interview enough managers over the next 3 months so at least one does not reject them before the end of the season? There's always Ryan Mason.

Djemba-Djemba

Was against us getting him last season and glad to see I was right, for once.

Utd should always have an attacking manager, the football Conte has his teams play is just shit. It's one of the reasons he doesn't fit at Tottenham. For all their Spursyness they do generally like to play nice football and Conte is the opposite of that.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I didn't realise he was out of contract in the summer, he'll definitely not be at Spurs next season

Wayne's World

I always thought Potter was destined to be the next Spurs manager once Conte eventually left. Since he's at Chelea now I really have no clue who they could go for.

Surely they wouldn't go back to Poch?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Question is, can they a) afford the severance package b) manage to interview enough managers over the next 3 months so at least one does not them reject them before the end of the season? There's always Ryan Mason.
Perhaps Chelsea get rid of Potter first and Spurs move in for him? Who’s knows, but it’s nice to see the likes of Spurs, Chelsea (and Pool of course) struggling atm.

Flexdegea

He's so shite. Got to laugh the resident spurs men defending him hard, and the Fellow fans wanting him to get the job with us.

Spare a thought for Jamie Redknapp crazy chat to Neville that time saying we should have went for him because he's a "winner"

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Perhaps Chelsea get rid of Potter first and Spurs move in for him? Who’s knows, but it’s nice to see the likes of Spurs, Chelsea (and Pool of course) struggling atm.
On the off chance that Potter gets the sack soon (which I very much doubt) he'd be absolutely mad to go to Spurs. They seem quite incompetent at Chelsea but at Spurs we know they are and they have no money and a much worse squad.

RVN1991

Just don't think this Spurs team are very good. Below par midfield, no decent fullbacks and Romero probably the only notable defender. I think the front three are good but that's not enough to drag the rest of the teams performance levels.
Agreed. They looked lower midtable quality with Nuno, Conte did a fantastic job to get them fourth last season but it had as much to do with us and Arsenal dropping the ball. Their summer signings haven't looked great either, they are better off selling Kane and doing a complete rebuild with a progressive manager and young hungry players. Conte will probably go back to Juve or PSG and end up adding more trophies to his resume.

Remember the geese

I wonder who are the most sensible and knowledgeable pundits. Neville wanted Poch and I wouldn't trust him to have any say at United. Plenty of people spoke about United missing a trick for not getting serial winner Conte, who we all know plays tumescent football and is a pound shop Mourinho (latter day Mourinho at that). Did any pundit or United journo specifically hope for ETH? I know Mitten would have fancied the back-then-impossible Luis Enrique, but that's the only sensible take I remember.
I honestly don't recall any pundit/ex United player calling for ten Hag.