Antonio Conte Sack Watch (Spurs) - GONTE

Jacko21

Imagine how reluctant he must’ve been to board that flight back to London after his surgery.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If one keeps hiring managers on the basis of what they did at other (bigger) clubs, without having the vision themselves of wanting to see a playstyle develop at their own club, then the result of what's happening at Spurs post Pochettino is very predictable.

Hire managers on the basis of wanting to develop a proactive attacking playstyle imo. And then that will potentially lead to a more enjoyable matchday experience for the fans with a prospective head coach who places importance on developing a proactive attacking play style, which will make better use of the transfer budget.

Questions also need to be asked of Paratici.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: :lol:
holy shit, this guy is a hero. I’ve never seen someone openly hate everything about their job so much. This presser is amazing.

Not even Jose could do a 4 minute rant. And some of you wanted him here? Love it.

He’s so annoyed he goes full blown Italian with his English. :lol:

BorisManUtd

Do expect to see Poch back at Spurs, either next week or in 3 months.

Unless Spurs have someone else lined up - like Tuchel or Enrique, which is probably less likely.

crossy1686

career ending
Antonio Conte rejected Tottenham in the summer. Why did he accept their offer afterwards when it is clear that he had doubts about their project from the beginning. Yeah the money in his contract are good but still i have no doubt he knew how the things are gonna unfold in time..
You really want to know? Money…

Someone

Something
Do expect to see Poch back at Spurs, either next week or in 3 months.

Unless Spurs have someone else lined up - like Tuchel or Enrique, which is probably less likely.
If the get Poch back now they'll see a positive reaction and will nick top 4, however, Conte is spot on, next season will be the same, because not much has changed with Spurs over the years.

Oranges038

:lol: :lol:
holy shit, this guy is a hero. I’ve never seen someone openly hate everything about their job so much. This presser is amazing.

Not even Jose could do a 4 minute rant. And some of you wanted him here? Love it.

He’s so annoyed he goes full blown Italian with his English. :lol:
Only way he could get fire out of that lot is with petrol and a match.

What a madman.

This is pure quality.

mu4c_20le

I mean, he probably has a point, but it's hard to sympathize when he blew 50m on Richarlison and have so many midfielders they had to loan half of them out. He is just as culpable for their situation.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure how training goes on Monday after that :lol:

He makes some good points for sure.

C'est Moi Cantona

If they've got dignity they'll give him what he wants now.

Having said that you'd think Conte would have some dignity himself and just go through the motions for another couple of months.

Mr. Robot

Conte is the perfect example of 'be careful what you wish for'. I remember reading these forums last season and so many here wanted him "because he will get us Top 4!" like that's a trophy in itself.

I will say it year after year but a stint in the Champions League is so overrated. It just papers over cracks a lot of the time (see: Spurs, Arsenal under Wenger, Utd under Ole etc etc)

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
:lol: Just watched it. 4:30 mins. Felt like 10 minutes at least. His English is better than I thought. Apart from this just like Jose it’s everyone else’s fault.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Why is it always the teams fault when it comes to Conte? :houllier:

Spurs are penny-pinching misers. Conte won't be sacked until his contract runs out at the end of this season.
They have spent over 250m€ in the last 2 seasons for Conte.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If players can get fined for outbursts surely so can managers.

If Spurs start fining him appropriately, surely it'd become cheaper for him and Spurs to agree on leaving with immediate effect and they get Poch in for April and May.

Hostekule

He's such a lovely character. Would love if more managers spoke openly when players aren't up to it. "Also for the respect for the fans... I repeat this is unaccettaballe!".

Mike Smalling

I'm randomly reminded of that time Roy Keane managed to get under Jamie Redknapp's skin by pointing out how average Spurs really are. Another absolute classic. Somehow I feel like Conte and Keane would see eye to eye on the state of Spurs.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
"Lads, it's Tottenham" - SAF
"It's the history of the Tottenham" - Giorgio Chiellini
"Tottenham's story is this" - Antonio Conte

mav_9me

He has clearly had enough of Spurs.. He has realized what Spurs are and he cant take it anymore.

He demands a lot.. He is a loose canon .. everyone knew that.. but Spurs clearly dont have what it takes to fight .. looks like he has had enough and has checked out.. waiting for the sack..
Why is he waiting though? Surely it's not much money.

King Eric 7

He's such a lovely character. Would love if more managers spoke openly when players aren't up to it. "Also for the respect for the fans... I repeat this is unaccettaballe!".
Only when it's not our manager. Outbursts like this during the season (or at any time really) aren't particularly helpful for the club. He talks about the players being paid well to do a job, but he's a hypocrite because he's put himself in a very difficult situation to manage the club until the end of the season.

edcunited1878

Spurs are a shitshow under Levy and their ownership. Yes, they got a terrific modern day stadium, but nothing to show for.

Conte does have a pragmatic approach to football, but he's been successful and is demanding and controlling. He's given it a go at Spurs but as Spurs is, they just let you down.

Poch got them to a CL Final...awesome. But that was hiding such huge cracks and actual state where they just aren't good enough. Talent, drive, mentality, personality. Overall, they made a great cup run and kinda ran Leicester close but stumbled. And never kicked on...nothing was sustainable. Shit, have a go at a domestic cup or be ok w Europa and challenge that.

Where the feck is Kane in all this? Club captain, legend....he cannot embody, Kane, what the manager wants because he has zero personality to do so.

Conte should just go back to Italy and try to get himself an owner and chairman who can spend some but not really have any expectations because it'll take some time for Conte to eat and spit out players who at least can't commit to his demands.

The mentality of Spurs has been so shit for so long even when coming close to a trophy. But you always felt they were flashes in the pan because they were.

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I know a lot of Spurs fans. There is a deep rooted inferiority complex among them and they will lap this up. Conte is playing them like a fiddle.

edcunited1878

Only when it's not our manager. Outbursts like this during the season (or at any time really) aren't particularly helpful for the club. He talks about the players being paid well to do a job, but he's a hypocrite because he's put himself in a very difficult situation to manage the club until the end of the season.
He's had enough and he has to illicit a reaction with 10 matches to go. It's a desperate move for urgency, something he's noticed for some time especially when he was away. He's not wrong. Dude is publicly challenging his players and even said it has boiled over now, hence his outburst.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think that's the first time I've really liked him. Incredible press conference.

King Eric 7

He's had enough and he has to illicit a reaction with 10 matches to go. It's a desperate move for urgency, something he's noticed for some time especially when he was away. He's not wrong. Dude is publicly challenging his players and even said it has boiled over now, hence his outburst.
I get that he's fed up. I just don't think he should be publicly slinging mud at the players when top 4 is very much up for grabs. I just don't see how his outburst is going to motivate the players to perform. This is old style management that doesn't work anymore. It's fun to watch from the sidelines but I'd rather our own manager deal with any issues behind the scenes.

Dazzmondo

Conte absolutely bodying Spurs as a club and their pathetic attitude towards trophies. Love it :lol: . Hilarious, also making it clear to all other world class managers what a bunch of losers are in the squad and to stay clear.