Antonio Conte Sack Watch (Spurs) - GONTE

TheReligion

Abusive
I do think there’s pressure at Spurs to get top 4 by the way.

The are carrying the highest debt in world football following the new stadium and CL football is very important to the club moving forward.

TheRedHearted

I do think there’s pressure at Spurs to get top 4 by the way.

The are carrying the highest debt in world football following the new stadium and CL football is very important to the club moving forward.
Yep. Wonder if they’ll put an interim in. With jobs like psg, Chelsea and possibly Madrid up in the air I don’t see Nagelsmann making a decision to join Tottenham at all.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yep. Wonder if they’ll put an interim in. With jobs like psg, Chelsea and possibly Madrid up in the air I don’t see Nagelsmann making a decision to join Tottenham at all.
They have already announced the assistant (Stellani is it?) and Mason until end of season.

el3mel

What a huge failure this experiment ended up being for both sides. No one of the two parties came out of this looking good.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah but that’s the first announcement, doesn’t mean they aren’t thinking of something else as an option.
That reads to me as the final decision and that they’ll only appoint someone in the summer.

Can’t see anyone of any pedigree taking the job now with 10 games left and uncertainty about CL football next season.

TheRedHearted

That reads to me as the final decision and that they’ll only appoint someone in the summer.

Can’t see anyone of any pedigree taking the job now with 10 games left and uncertainty about CL football next season.
If someone wants it Long term they can see it as a chance to cement fourth place and start working with the squad. Especially if it’s poch

TheReligion

Abusive
If someone wants it Long term they can see it as a chance to cement fourth place and start working with the squad. Especially if it’s poch
Poch possibly yes but I don’t think any of the other big names would gamble coming in now. Enrique, Nagelsmann, Amorim etc

I think Spurs should look at what United did with Ten Hag and essentially run a process and do their due diligence to make sure they get the right fit rather than rush again and get the wrong one.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Then they would've said that Stellini & Mason are in charge on temporary basis until a new manager has been appointed. Instead they used the words "for the remainder of the season". If there was a chance Poch would come in now, they wouldn't have appointed Stellini & Mason yet.

TheRedHearted

Poch possibly yes but I don’t think any of the other big names would gamble coming in now. Enrique, Nagelsmann, Amorim etc

I think Spurs should look at what United did with Ten Hag and essentially run a process and do their due diligence to make sure they get the right fit rather than rush again and get the wrong one.
Agreed, I said a similar thing in another post. With Chelsea job in doubt, Paris and Madrid I don’t see any top prospect moving for the spurs move.
Then they would've said that Stellini & Mason are in charge on temporary basis until a new manager has been appointed. Instead they used the words "for the remainder of the season". If there was a chance Poch would come in now, they wouldn't have appointed Stellini & Mason yet.
I don’t think so, poch negotiations will take time. Clubs make definitive statements for stability sake.

Joel Miller

They really were a match made in hell. A absolute winner who won’t take any shit going to a club who are comfortable being also rans, who are owned and operated by a bullshitter.

If Conte can’t influence the mentality at Spurs then who the hell can? Also is Glaston still a poster on here? He had an incredible level to smug for a fella who supports a team that typically win nothing:D

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There is almost no possibility of Poch returning to Spurs anytime soon in my opinion. He will eventually I believe but he will get at least one other job elsewhere first (possibly the Madrid job as Perez loves him)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
There is almost no possibility of Poch returning to Spurs anytime soon in my opinion. He will eventually I believe but he will get at least one other job elsewhere first (possibly the Madrid job as Perez loves him)
I agree. And while I understand the love Spurs fans have for the man, I somehow see a lot of potential for the return to fail miserably.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I agree. And while I understand the love Spurs fans have for the man, I somehow see a lot of potential for the return to fail miserably.
Yeah I wouldn't want him to come back now because more than likely it would only sour his relationship with the fans, most of whom still adore him. Now is not the right time.

dinostar77

Graham Potter, if he was still at Brighton would have been ideal for spurs job. Working under a tight financial budget, having to bring younger players through and try to turn raw prospects with potential into diamonds.

Naigelsmann will hold out for a bigger job. Hes young and got time on his side. Doesnt need the blemish of spurs under levy on his cv.

Andy_Cole

Was thinking of making a new thread.

Why is Spurs the impossible job? Poch was the closest to big things with a title race and a CL Final.

Have they got the United under Woodward issue? Not given the complete investment to achieve big things? Is that why Conte got pissed off? Their flashy stadium is a weight rather than an accelerator to progress?

Suedesi

Vapor trail

I think Potter would have been a really ideal profile of manager to suit Spurs. Would have had the established first team players and a few signings here and there to incorporate over time. A slower more comprehensive process compared to Chelsea given their wholesale changes which would allow him to nurture the changes in expectations between clubs (Brighton) with more of a foundation ideal for his development. A stark contrast compared to the jacked up steroid approach Chelsea have executed with their strategy.

crossy1686

career ending
I think Potter would have been a really ideal profile of manager to suit Spurs. Would have had the established first team players and a few signings here and there to incorporate over time. A slower more comprehensive process compared to Chelsea given their wholesale changes which would allow him to nurture the changes in expectations between clubs (Brighton) with more of a foundation ideal for his development. A stark contrast compared to the jacked up steroid approach Chelsea have executed with their strategy.
Well news yesterday was that Chelsea have Nagalsmann on a shortlist (just in case) Potter, who is definitely in no way, shape or form going to be fired, should lose his job.

So Tottenham should hang on until the summer and see what’s available.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

More footballers should hold journalists accountable over shit like this.