Antonio Conte Sack Watch (Spurs) - GONTE

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
No they wouldn't. He's done at the top level now, which is why he took the Tottenham job in the first place. He'll end up back in Italy because no one else will take him after this stint. If he's lucky he might land the PSG job at some point if they get desperate.
So the PSG job isn't top level now? Someone better tell. Messi Neymar and Mbappe they are playing for a diddy club :lol:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
That's not correct at all. Romero we had agreed to sign before Conte even joined the club. Conte's top priority since he joined has been another center back. At least try to use facts to push your agenda.

It's well known Conte asked the club to get Bastoni as a priority and he was given Lenglet on loan instead.
When was Romero signed?

Wilt

Doubt Levy will want to sack him now.

Levy hates to be seen giving in to anyone’s hopes.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
When was Romero signed?
Paratici signed him for the club (he is a good signing) but he is not a Conte signing as he wasn't at the club when we started work on signing him. Anyway this is irrelevant because even if your argument is he is a Conte signing he clearly wasn't seen as enough as Conte has been demanding the club sign a central defender every window and the club hasn't delivered.

I'm not saying he isn't blameless but it's a very poorly thought out argument to try to use against him as this at least is all on the club.

CloneMC16

Love football and the moronic pundits.

Show no emotion ala Potter. Get rid.
Show too much emotion ala Conte . Get rid.

The ONLY thing that matters in football management is winning. That's it. Everything else is just white noise.

If Spurs were top of the league and he said that, he would be called the most honest manager in the world and a revelation to football. They're not so he is a psychotic fraud.
Is this not what he always does? That's just him.
There are limits. You can show emotion and not have a complete meltdown like Conte did. Of course winning is the most important thing. If Spurs were top of the league, Conte wouldn't have said what he said yesterday. No manager doing well would ever say what he said. You tell the players they're shit behind closed doors.

You're right that this is what he does. He has his meldown after 2/3 years and leaves.

Suedesi

Love football and the moronic pundits.

Show no emotion ala Potter. Get rid.
Show too much emotion ala Conte . Get rid.

The ONLY thing that matters in football management is winning. That's it. Everything else is just white noise.

If Spurs were top of the league and he said that, he would be called the most honest manager in the world and a revelation to football. They're not so he is a psychotic fraud.
Is this not what he always does? That's just him.
Pretty much

Lyng

So Conte is going full on Rangnick to get sacked now. Boldstrategycotton.gif

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He’s an angry Mourinho, that’s it. He’s right about the players but it’s also his job to change their mentality.
You can't fix a whole club unless they're ready to change. He's walked into a club where this culture is intrinsic, endemic and systemic; rotten, which needs to be gutted from the top down.

It's been pointed out for years how rubbish Levy is and everything filters down from him, which is ruinous for any genuine aspirations of growth and progression.

He's absolutely spot on and he did point out his own culpability in the chain, but that the managers - no matter who they are - cannot fight against the tide.

Spurs, for their standing, have the least ambition or pressure to succeed of any of the bigger clubs and it's been that way forever, which wouldn't fly anywhere else.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think he’s ever wanted to be there.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Looking forward to what Simon Jordan has to say about this tomorrow

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He is 53yo, with successful yet long, fatiguing, dedicated careers behind him as a player and a coach, and with a terrible last year from a personal perspective… so his latest rant does not come unexpected at all.

That said, he is past his peak and out of touch as a coach with new generations of kids and surely at fault (say, 1/3 fault… 1/3 for Levy and 1/3 the players) for not having won any trophy, which was his main professional intent at Spurs.

He is just morphing into late stage Capello, a stubborn, insensitive and pretty brutalist style of football.

El Presidente

No they wouldn't. He's done at the top level now, which is why he took the Tottenham job in the first place. He'll end up back in Italy because no one else will take him after this stint. If he's lucky he might land the PSG job at some point if they get desperate.
A bit disrespectful to not consider Italy a "top level", especially when they are the only country with 3 teams still in the CL.

El Presidente

That's not correct at all. Romero we had agreed to sign before Conte even joined the club. Conte's top priority since he joined has been another center back. At least try to use facts to push your agenda.

It's well known Conte asked the club to get Bastoni as a priority and he was given Lenglet on loan instead.
To be honest, that's quite the downgrade but I don't think Bastoni was ever realistic?
Also, I'm sure Weghorst wasn't ten Hag's dream striker, but he just gets on with it, instead of going on a vendetta.

Redfrog

Ok so you agree with him that supporters only ask for one thing, and if the players don’t give that one thing then it’s right to call that out. But you can’t even say whether he’s doing that one thing himself? Kind of ridiculous if you think about it.
I don’t know what you are looking at, it’s ridiculous.
Everyone agrees that the players need to give their best on the pitch, that why they are paid for. You can be sh*t but you can’t not try.
Conté said that, and that’s what fans think. Or maybe do you think that’s all right if players don’t give a sh*t ?
So no matter the tactics or how sh*t is the manager, players should do that.
How the feck do you want me to know if Conté is giving his best. He is not on the pitch. But he is calling out the players to get a reaction or to get the sack.
Everything Conté said is right. Basically said everyone thinks about Spurs. I am not saying he should throw everyone under the bus in public.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It was inevitable. Football has moved on from Flinstone tactic managers like Conte, Mourinho, Allegri. Shocking that Spurs had two back-to-back. Maybe they'll make it a hattrick once Allegri leaves Juve.

crossy1686

career ending
A bit disrespectful to not consider Italy a "top level", especially when they are the only country with 3 teams still in the CL.
If PSG win the league only 1 time out of the next 3 they’ll be a mass exodus from there. Doubly fast if they stop paying daft wages.

Absolutely none of the players there grew up wanting to play for PSG. They’re the equivalent of West Ham getting oil rich and financially doping the league, or Newcastle if you will.

Pintu

Exactly what he said…. But he should understand that’s his level now. No title challenging club in England wants him. And I doubt that Serie A is a solution, they can’t pay him what he earns at Spurs. He should have settled for whatever Levy wanted him to do there…

Sylar

Did he back track and basically say he was talking about the players and not upper management? :lol:
Thats what it seems to have been said on Sky Sports?

darko

There are limits. You can show emotion and not have a complete meltdown like Conte did. Of course winning is the most important thing. If Spurs were top of the league, Conte wouldn't have said what he said yesterday. No manager doing well would ever say what he said. You tell the players they're shit behind closed doors.

You're right that this is what he does. He has his meldown after 2/3 years and leaves.
To the best of my knowledge he's never been at a job for longer than two years. This is what he is. It doesn't matter what club has hired him. Spurs have a DNA and so does he.

darko

I don’t know what you are looking at, it’s ridiculous.
Everyone agrees that the players need to give their best on the pitch, that why they are paid for. You can be sh*t but you can’t not try.
Conté said that, and that’s what fans think. Or maybe do you think that’s all right if players don’t give a sh*t ?
So no matter the tactics or how sh*t is the manager, players should do that.
How the feck do you want me to know if Conté is giving his best. He is not on the pitch. But he is calling out the players to get a reaction or to get the sack.
Everything Conté said is right. Basically said everyone thinks about Spurs. I am not saying he should throw everyone under the bus in public.
Do think that Tottenham's player's did give a shit and were up 3-1, then once Conte makes two defensive substitutions they stopped caring and blew their lead?

Zen86

Maybe he's in line to retire from management and become Spurs' DoF, or a "consultant"

Pintu

To the best of my knowledge he's never been at a job for longer than two years. This is what he is. It doesn't matter what club has hired him. Spurs have a DNA and so does he.
Three years at Juventus. Which was his first big job… He walked away after “a disappointing transfer window”. Juventus went on to win the next 3 Scudetti and take part in 2 of three CL finals.

UpWithRivers

Unpopular opinion but I really dont see what everyone is complaining about. They seem to be bang on where you expect them to be. 4-7th in the league seems about right. What does everyone expect? Fighting for trophies? Because I cant see it. Just look at their squad. They are miles off. Yeah they spent a bit of cash but so did everyone. They will need a sht load more if they think they will be competing with the top clubs. They could get Klopp, Guardiola and Ten Haag and the best they will get is 4th.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It really was. Italian mad > anyone else mad.
Conte or Gattuso - who’s had the most epic meltdown?
Conte’s was definitely nastier, but I’m leaning towards Gattuso for melting down in 3 different languages

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Conte has to be backed or it'll fall to pieces. We had it, soon as he didnt get who he wanted second summer, it turned sour. I definitely dont think he wants to be there, though. Probably eyeing up PSG or Madrid [if they sack Carlo]

And I'd suspect he didnt get who he wanted in Jan or even last summer, which is why the constant refusal to commit himself is coming through in press conferences.

Fully expect them to reappoint Poch though, and go nowhere

Last edited:

theballisround

Conte has to be backed or it'll fall to pieces. We had it, soon as he didnt get who he wanted second summer, it turned sour. I definitely dont think he wants to be there, though. Probably eyeing up PSG or Madrid [if they sack Carlo]

And I'd suspect he didnt get who he wanted in Jan or even last summer, which is why the constant refusal to commit himself is coming through in press conferences.
I do not think he has a chance in hell at the Madrid job, especially considering his trash football and 0 success in Europe.

On the Spurs matter, he knew he wasn't going to a title challenging club and he wasn't going to get all the players he wanted so I don't really get his rant.

I know his rant is most likely hard truth, but I just think he wants the payout and back to Italy.

After this, no big club will want him as nobody wants a manager that says that in public.

Delano

Can't decide if this is good or bad for us. They look terrible, and whoever they get won't be on Conte's level, but maybe the new Coach will give a shit.

Still think the Spurs squad is very weak.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Can't decide if this is good or bad for us. They look terrible, and whoever they get won't be on Conte's level, but maybe the new Coach will give a shit.

Still think the Spurs squad is very weak.
Knowing Levy they’ll probably go with Ryan Mason for the remainder of the season.