Antonio Rüdiger

AndersB

He's starting to remind me of Carvalho. Really dislike the guy, and he's rock solid every time I watch him play. Chelsea will be really tough to crack this year.

Zoo

I remember saying on here last year that he's their best CB when Lampard was freezing him out. The media said nothing about that.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Seconds later after the confrontation with Fred they're hugging and laughing. It aint that serious. He plays hard but fair. After reading his backstory growing up it shows how he plays on the pitch.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's a monster, old school centre half, bit of a dick during the game but honestly any club who had him would love him if they had him. Gives everything every game.

KeanoMagicHat

Great defender but shithouses someone every game. Not to make excuses for Bruno, but notice he absolutely smacked his back in the first 5 minutes conveniently and he has a bad game. See also De Bruyne in the CL final and others. Master of the shithouse slam that never gets given as a foul.

E-mal

Rudiger is just an annoying prick, someone Keane would have loved to put in his place.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Seconds later after the confrontation with Fred they're hugging and laughing. It aint that serious. He plays hard but fair. After reading his backstory growing up it shows how he plays on the pitch.
That's exactly how I see him. He doesn't always play super fair, he often gets away with a bit of shithousing, but he's never malicious and it seems like he enjoys that side of the game.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
That's exactly how I see him. He doesn't always play super fair, he often gets away with a bit of shithousing, but he's never malicious and it seems like he enjoys that side of the game.
Think he often treads the line, sometimes overstepping, like the De Bruyne challenge.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Think he often treads the line, sometimes overstepping, like the De Bruyne challenge.
I'm thinking more like provoking Savic into elbowing him and getting him sent off. Trying to get a rise out of Fred today after he went looking for a pen. That kind of thing. He's always prowling around provoking opponents but he rarely allows himself to lose control. KDB incident was total accident. Cynical foul, but nothing more. Really unlucky outcome for KDB.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s a very good player but man is he a right bastard. Think every little scrap he was directly involved in

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'm thinking more like provoking Savic into elbowing him and getting him sent off. Trying to get a rise out of Fred today after he went looking for a pen. That kind of thing. He's always prowling around provoking opponents but he rarely allows himself to lose control. KDB incident was total accident. Cynical foul, but nothing more. Really unlucky outcome for KDB.
I think we disagree on De Bruyne, saw a lot of recklessness in there.

Agree with the rest though. Always fishing for a reaction, a bit like Herrera for us, just with more creative ways. Love that part if it's one of ours.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Another month and change and he's ours. Can't wait :D

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Free in the summer. United linked to him. Hopefully can replace Maguire.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Free in the summer. United linked to him. Hopefully can replace Maguire.
Has Rudiger been good in a back 4 set up?

I'd want him too from his performances these couple of seasons - but I'm not sure if he is bossing it in a back 4?

Just makes me wonder about Maguire in a back 3 aswell.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Rudiger really doesn’t suit a back 4 at all. He’s a decent enough defender in a back 4 and nothing else. In a back 5 though he is an incredible defender and will be really difficult to replace.

NoLogo

Rudiger really doesn’t suit a back 4 at all. He’s a decent enough defender in a back 4 and nothing else. In a back 5 though he is an incredible defender and will be really difficult to replace.
Agreed. I think you can see it when he is playing for Germany. He is doing okay but not on the level he is playing at for Chelsea. I think his aggressiveness is really suited to having the extra CB to cover for him if an aggressive push goes wrong.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Guess it’s that one last payday he’s after. Club he’s at and the style of football Tuchel plays suits him to the ground. Won’t get that level of reciprocity elsewhere.

Strats

I detest his antics. He’d try and pick a fight with a goal post.

He’s a good player though

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Guess it’s that one last payday he’s after. Club he’s at and the style of football Tuchel plays suits him to the ground. Won’t get that level of reciprocity elsewhere.
That's exactly what he's after. His current wage is in the bottom 20% at the club I think and he rejected an offer of around £170k a week. He wants something north of £200k a week. I think the club should compromise a little here but it seems like the Chelsea aren't going to.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I detest his antics. He’d try and pick a fight with a goal post.

He’s a good player though
Having a player like that in your team is pretty awesome actually. I love it when he starts winding up the opponents. He knows where the line is and rarely crosses it in a blatant way. I don't think he's ever been sent off at Chelsea. If he has, it can't be more than once in 5 years.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Hes 28... probably got this contract (5 years?) - and a contract renewal / extension at 31 with then perhaps one more deal to carry on longer fitness depending etc

Hes on about 5 million a year isnt he (100K) so round half of what maguire is on ...does not seem unreasonable he wants more given he might assess his options

Madrid would be interesting with him and Alaba you would think they would need to play back three (presumably with Militao) which would seem to suit him... Carvajal and Mendy at wing backs ... that would be a pretty solid base to build from (presumbly with Mbappe rocking up there in the summer)

Strats

Having a player like that in your team is pretty awesome actually. I love it when he starts winding up the opponents. He knows where the line is and rarely crosses it in a blatant way. I don't think he's ever been sent off at Chelsea. If he has, it can't be more than once in 5 years.
Yeah, was the same feeling with Herrera for us.

I can imagine his shithousery was doing opposing fans heads in(and even mine at times).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, we're getting him i'm pretty sure