Antonio Rüdiger

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Safe to say that if Marina is too stingy to extend Rüdiger, the rift with Tuchel will be opened and only be widening.
Be prepared for a change in attitude towards passive-aggressiveness and a slow but steady deterioration of performances.
We’re not going to blow up our wage structure for Rudi, as much as I love him. That’s almost double what van Dijk earns. I think the club shouldn’t offer more than 250k pw. Hopefully Tuchel understands that despite the potential loss of someone like Rudi.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Hearing rumours of the club looking at Fofana as a Rudiger replacement.

Koundé and Fofana would both be a brilliant acquisition if the club can get it done.Expect Levi Colwill to come into the team next season and Chalobah has burst into the side unexpectedly and slotted in perfectly.

I think we’ll be fine if Rudiger and Christensen both depart on a free.

TheReligion

Abusive
Hearing rumours of the club looking at Fofana as a Rudiger replacement.

Koundé and Fofana would both be a brilliant acquisition if the club can get it done.Expect Levi Colwill to come into the team next season and Chalobah has burst into the side unexpectedly and slotted in perfectly.

I think we’ll be fine if Rudiger and Christensen both depart on a free.
I'd be waiting to see how forfana returns from injury before splashing out..

Cloud7

Safe to say that if Marina is too stingy to extend Rüdiger, the rift with Tuchel will be opened and only be widening.
Be prepared for a change in attitude towards passive-aggressiveness and a slow but steady deterioration of performances.
We’re not going to blow up our wage structure for Rudi, as much as I love him. That’s almost double what van Dijk earns. I think the club shouldn’t offer more than 250k pw. Hopefully Tuchel understands that despite the potential loss of someone like Rudi.
Hopefully not and it sparks the beginning of the end for Tuchel at Chelsea. He worries me more than any other managers that have been there in recent years. His exit needs to be accelerated.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Do we take that number at face value? Is that what Rüdiger wants from Chelsea to extend? I've read things to the contrary.
What did you read?

We've got a few players on £200k plus per week. If he wanted parity with those he'd have already signed.

Anything much over £300k a week for Rudiger is getting a bit insane I think, despite how good he's been for the past 11 months..

Last edited:

Bwuk

Rudiger is a very good player in a back 3.

Has he ever looked that brilliant in a 4? I can understand why Chelsea wouldn't want to make him their highest paid player.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
What did you read?

We've got a few players on £200k plus per week. If he wanted parity with those he'd have already signed.

Anything much over £300k a week for Rudiger is getting a bit insane I think, despite how good he's been for the past 11 months..
I've read repeatedly over the last half year or so, in slight variations, that Rüdiger is on 6m € per year (~100k pounds per week), that Chelsea's first offer was 8.5-9m € per year (~150k), while Rüdiger wanted something like 12m€ /200k pounds.

The Telegraph apparently said that in September (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1631721647).
Falk from SportBild said the same end of October, and repeated it even yesterday in an item which sounds rather lazy tbf https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/...poker-um-antonio-ruediger-78481916.sport.html

Because I can't imagine Chelsea never upped their offer in the meantime. But that's what I wonder - do we have reports about that? Where do you draw the bolded conviction from?

I have to say though, offering him 140k/8.5m as a new contract, after how he performed, at his age, is a proper insult.

Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Trusted contacts at the highest level.
Right - that's certainly better than SportBild :lol:

But what exactly did they say? That Chelsea actually offered 260k like Werner gets but Rüdiger inists on 400k? Somehow I doubt that.

duffer

Scout
Right - that's certainly better than SportBild :lol:

But what exactly did they say? That Chelsea actually offered 260k like Werner gets but Rüdiger inists on 400k? Somehow I doubt that.
I've already said more than I probably should have. I take these kind of confidences very seriously.

If you would rather trust the gutter press over the 3 time, reigning Redcafe opposition poster of the year, fair enough.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I've already said more than I probably should have. I take these kind of confidences very seriously.

If you would rather trust the gutter press over the 3 time, reigning Redcafe opposition poster of the year, fair enough.
:lol:

Nah, I trust you. I just want more of these tasty, juicy ITK sauces :drool:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Proper fighter there. Clever, aggressive and tactically astute.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Proper fighter there. Clever, aggressive and tactically astute.
Lots of funny ways to spell 'total cnut' there :lol:

He's a very good player to be fair and I'm well aware fans take these kind of personalities to their bosom come rain or shine.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Lots of funny ways to spell 'total cnut' there :lol:

He's a very good player to be fair and I'm well aware fans take these kind of personalities to their bosom come rain or shine.
Total cnut for sure, but knows exactly what he does. Just look at how often he got sent off, and then think about how much you would expect that to happen looking at the way he plays.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
We would love him if he was ours.
Felt pretty much the same way about Ramos (for the only game he played for PSG so far...).

When we were facing Real I was like "how can he get away with late hits on players like that!". During our game i was like "well this is fun he's destroying them". Perspective.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Should be paid properly and made Chelsea captain, in my opinion. On balance I think it's hard to argue against him being our best player since Tuchel came in on the whole.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Should be paid properly and made Chelsea captain, in my opinion. On balance I think it's hard to argue against him being our best player since Tuchel came in on the whole.
If paid properly means around 200k then agreed. If he really is looking for 400k then he should feck off immediately to anyone dumb enough to pay it.

As for captain it would make sense in the summer if Azpi is indeed leaving us. Not before then.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If paid properly means around 200k then agreed. If he really is looking for 400k then he should feck off immediately to anyone dumb enough to pay it.

As for captain it would make sense in the summer if Azpi is indeed leaving us. Not before then.
I think it needs to be realized that £20m a year is going to become the norm for the very top players in football. It’s the most popular sport in the world and when you have multiple NBA players making $20m+ a year without being exceptional, to offer £20m a year to one of the five best defenders in the world is not really that outrageous. £10m a year actually looks quite low for where he is as a player.

duffer

Scout

I hope he stays but giving him the armband is a bad idea to me, it might calm him down and he's at his best when he's close to boiling over.

If Azpi goes the next captain will be Jorginho and then eventually (and inevitably) Mount.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I think it needs to be realized that £20m a year is going to become the norm for the very top players in football. It’s the most popular sport in the world and when you have multiple NBA players making $20m+ a year without being exceptional, to offer £20m a year to one of the five best defenders in the world is not really that outrageous. £10m a year actually looks quite low for where he is as a player.
There's no point comparing to other sports, wages have to be structured around the game we have. According to Spotrac Chelsea's highest earner is Lukaku on £16.9m a year. If the club suddenly give Rudiger £20m a year then the clubs wage budget is going to explode over the next 12 months as all the other players suddenly demand massive raises.

You can certainly make the argument that football is headed that way anyway, and in a few years it will be fairly normal, but from a business perspective it would be madness to jump-start that process before you really have to. If we lose Rudiger and bring in say Kounde, we don't become a radically weaker team, and we certainly wouldn't need to pay him £20m a year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Jorginho is the next in line, if Azpi leaves.

I do think one of Mount or James will end with the permanent captaincy long term.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There's no point comparing to other sports, wages have to be structured around the game we have. According to Spotrac Chelsea's highest earner is Lukaku on £16.9m a year. If the club suddenly give Rudiger £20m a year then the clubs wage budget is going to explode over the next 12 months as all the other players suddenly demand massive raises.

You can certainly make the argument that football is headed that way anyway, and in a few years it will be fairly normal, but from a business perspective it would be madness to jump-start that process before you really have to. If we lose Rudiger and bring in say Kounde, we don't become a radically weaker team, and we certainly wouldn't need to pay him £20m a year.
Arguably Rudiger is a more important player for you than Lukaku though. On the back of the last year and a half he probably has the best case for wanting to earn the most.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Arguably Rudiger is a more important player for you than Lukaku though. On the back of the last year and a half he probably has the best case for wanting to earn the most.
400K is nonsense, I think only mirror reported that story.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He's Diego Costa in defence. Both bastards and have that bit of bulldog which you need on a pitch. Gutted if/when he goes

Cloud7

Bayern gets a good player for free. I'm shocked.
Those PL teams are a farmer's league. Do they have no pride in themselves to now allow Bayern to poach their players for free?

Or some sort of crap that gets spouted about the German league.

Cloud7

That's probably why he's upset, because Lukaku is the highest earner :lol: As an actual quality player I would be upset as well :lol: