Antonio Rüdiger

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Those PL teams are a farmer's league. Do they have no pride in themselves to now allow Bayern to poach their players for free?

Or some sort of crap that gets spouted about the German league.
:lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If paid properly means around 200k then agreed. If he really is looking for 400k then he should feck off immediately to anyone dumb enough to pay it.

As for captain it would make sense in the summer if Azpi is indeed leaving us. Not before then.
then you go to find his replacement. Paid 70m on 200k, and gambling he'll be as good. While that 70m equals another 200k/wk for 3+ years.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
If paid properly means around 200k then agreed. If he really is looking for 400k then he should feck off immediately to anyone dumb enough to pay it.

As for captain it would make sense in the summer if Azpi is indeed leaving us. Not before then.
Don't think that 400k story has too much merit but I don't think he's out of line for asking to be among the top 6-7 earners at the club, personally.

SAFMUTD

Because..? Süle‘s contract is also running out.
Bayern is disciplined with their wage structure, if rumors are true Rudiger is asking for 230K per week. That would make him the 4th best paid defender in the world. Do you think Bayern is willing to pay him that much?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bayern is disciplined with their wage structure, if rumors are true Rudiger is asking for 230K per week. That would make him the 4th best paid defender in the world. Do you think Bayern is willing to pay him that much?
14m € a year? Surely there's a bunch of defenders who earn that much, starting with Chelsea's own Thiago Silva.

Bayern pay Hernandez this or a bit more. Alaba, Ramos, Marcelo, De Ligt, Varane all earn significantly more, Van Dijk, John Stones reportedly roundabout; we're already at 9 players. Pique, surely (although god knows what kind of accounting tricks Barca does with his wages these days). Marquinhos, probably. So, no idea where you get the "4th best paid defender" idea from.

If Süle doesn't extend, we'd have no problems paying Rüdiger that much.

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
then you go to find his replacement. Paid 70m on 200k, and gambling he'll be as good. While that 70m equals another 200k/wk for 3+ years.
Until you add on the immense cost of all the other players who would demand their own pay rises.

TheReligion

Abusive
Don't think that 400k story has too much merit but I don't think he's out of line for asking to be among the top 6-7 earners at the club, personally.
Will be a bit of a pain if Rudiger and Christensen both leave?

Would need to be spot on in the window to replace them and I imagine it would cost a fair bit.

Think you need to keep one of them.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Would need to be spot on in the window to replace them and I imagine it would cost a fair bit.

Christensen is likely not leaving to be honest. The potential of contention with his extension is just the length. He seems happy with the money on offer and his situation at Chelsea.

TheReligion

Abusive
Christensen is likely not leaving to be honest. The potential of contention with his extension is just the length. He seems happy with the money on offer and his situation at Chelsea.
I would like to think he'd stay as the club stuck by him when he was unquestionably putting in garbage performances. He owes you not to go for nothing. Plus he's been at the club a long time.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Yeah for sure - especially as there's now murmurings that Azpilicueta may aim to go back to Spain.

Reckon Christensen will be staying though - and it seems pretty likely we'll be back in for Kounde at some point.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah for sure - especially as there's now murmurings that Azpilicueta may aim to go back to Spain.

Reckon Christensen will be staying though - and it seems pretty likely we'll be back in for Kounde at some point.
Realistically could Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva all leave in the summer?!

That's a big ask to replace. Even one stays.

SAFMUTD

14m € a year? Surely there's a bunch of defenders who earn that much, starting with Chelsea's own Thiago Silva.

Bayern pay Hernandez this or a bit more. Alaba, Ramos, Marcelo, De Ligt, Varane all earn significantly more, Van Dijk, John Stones reportedly roundabout; we're already at 9 players. Pique, surely (although god knows what kind of accounting tricks Barca does with his wages these days). Marquinhos, probably. So, no idea where you get the "4th best paid defender" idea from.

If Süle doesn't extend, we'd have no problems paying Rüdiger that much.
Got that from Twitter, according to it De Light is the best paid defender with 400K, followed by Thiago Silva 300K, Marquinhos 275K and Sergio Ramos 250K.

It may be wrong though, since other posters have claimed Rudiger is asking for 400K, which is totally out of proportion for a defender.

Anyway, if it comes to money I don't think Bayern will pay more that what's Chelsea's willing to offer.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Realistically could Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva all leave in the summer?!

I think Thiago Silva is just about nailed on to stay. Christensen and Azpilicueta I'm quite confident will, but it seems Rudiger will be the one to go.

We'll have to make some changes to the CB contingent regardless - Sarr is pretty clearly unfit for purpose, and there have been reasonably concrete links between us and Kounde and De Ligt (though can't really see us going for both unless Christensen / Azpi leaves). Levi Colwill is also having a great season in the Championship by all accounts - he might be the next to make the jump to the first team.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I would like to think he'd stay as the club stuck by him when he was unquestionably putting in garbage performances. He owes you not to go for nothing. Plus he's been at the club a long time.
That's quite a romantic viewpoint. I don't disagree. He's been at the club for 10 years, from the youth set up to this point. It's a cut throat game though, and realistically both club and player will look out for their own interests. He will stay though I think.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think Thiago Silva is just about nailed on to stay. Christensen and Azpilicueta I'm quite confident will, but it seems Rudiger will be the one to go.

We'll have to make some changes to the CB contingent regardless - Sarr is pretty clearly unfit for purpose, and there have been reasonably concrete links between us and Kounde and De Ligt (though can't really see us going for both unless Christensen / Azpi leaves). Levi Colwill is also having a great season in the Championship by all accounts - he might be the next to make the jump to the first team.
Kounde looks a cert but I guess the worry with the CB position is it takes a bit of adjustment and losing so many PL experienced players at once would be tough to deal with.

Not seen anything of Colwill but Tomori didn't pan out (although think he could have been good). Zouma looks the part at WHU too.
That's quite a romantic viewpoint. I don't disagree. He's been at the club for 10 years, from the youth set up to this point. It's a cut throat game though, and realistically both club and player will look out for their own interests. He will stay though I think.
Yeah i like the romanticism in the game!

Imagine how I've been with Ronaldos return!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Kounde looks a cert but I guess the worry with the CB position is it takes a bit of adjustment and losing so many PL experienced players at once would be tough to deal with.

Not seen anything of Colwill but Tomori didn't pan out (although think he could have been good). Zouma looks the part at WHU too.

Yeah i like the romanticism in the game!

Imagine how I've been with Ronaldos return!
We actually sold Zouma - problem for him in our current setup is he's just far too clumsy on the ball and easy to pressure. Absolute monster in both penalty areas though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Nah. Silva and Christensen have agreed and their extensions will be announced soon enough.

My contacts aren't sure about Azpi and Rudi other than neither has made a final decision to leave.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nah. Silva and Christensen have agreed and their extensions will be announced soon enough.

My contacts aren't sure about Azpi and Rudi other than neither has made a final decision to leave.
Keeping two of the four would be okay if you add Kounde (and he takes to the league).

Rudiger is probably the best of the bunch though to be honest.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Got that from Twitter, according to it De Light is the best paid defender with 400K, followed by Thiago Silva 300K, Marquinhos 275K and Sergio Ramos 250K.

It may be wrong though, since other posters have claimed Rudiger is asking for 400K, which is totally out of proportion for a defender.

Anyway, if it comes to money I don't think Bayern will pay more that what's Chelsea's willing to offer.
Bayern has one of the highest wage budgets on this planet with “even“ Sané allegedly earning €20m p.a. (£325k p.w.) so I doubt they‘d blink twice to pay Rüdiger £250k p.w.
It depends on if they want to/can extend Süle though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
great signing, but I wonder what the plan is now. Direct competition for Militao and Alaba? move Alaba to the left? sell Mendy ?. His salary would be to high to start as a substitute

Giggs' right foot

great signing, but I wonder what the plan is now. Direct competition for Militao and Alaba? move Alaba to the left? sell Mendy ?. His salary would be to high to start as a substitute
Him and Alaba will be able to communicate in their mother tongue and are both nearing 30 - would be a sensible thing for RM to use that partnership for most games next season or two, given they're both quality - Militião would then probably see more of the bench for this period, or what do you reckon?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Him and Alaba will be able to communicate in their mother tongue and are both nearing 30 - would be a sensible thing for RM to use that partnership for most games next season or two, given they're both quality - Militião would then probably see more of the bench for this period, or what do you reckon?
What you say makes sense. Alaba has adapted very well and seems like a leader but on the other hand Militao is at an exceptional level.
He has had to suffer a long time on the bench and a step back would not make much sense either.
Other more outlandish theories that I have read speak of 334 (people who take Haaland's signing for granted), in which case Alaba could go to midfield to add more presence.
It seems implausible to me, my option would probably be to sell Mendy (very good but I would rule him out due to possible injuries in the future) or Casemiro,to find a place to Alaba and hoping that Camavinga continues his growth

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Shift alaba to the left and make a rudiger militao pairing and real will have a pretty solid defense on their hands

Miliatao has been amazing benching him would be a mistake i reckon

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Rudiger as one of 2 centre backs?

You'd lose a lot of what's made him so good these last 12 months.
And whats the alternative? Play 3 in the back ? Bench militao?

Its just marginal gains at this point

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
And whats the alternative? Play 3 in the back ? Bench militao?

Its just marginal gains at this point
Not signing him is an alternative.

Signing one of the best "back 3" central defenders and then not playing them in a back 3 doesn't seem like a fantastic idea though.

Maybe some of the German posters can shed some light on how he does in a back 4 for them, he might be great I guess!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not signing him is an alternative.

Signing one of the best "back 3" central defenders and then not playing them in a back 3 doesn't seem like a fantastic idea though.

Maybe some of the German posters can shed some light on how he does in a back 4 for them, he might be great I guess!
I agree as well but knowing real they'd go for him anyway

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I've not really been reading into this story, so why is he keeping his options so open? Is it a matter of finding a huge paycheque that Chelsea wont offer? Unhappy in London?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
hy not give him what he wants? You guys gave lukaku a ludicrous wage, rudiger is only getting to his prime years and as if now is truly world class. Surely can't hurt much.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I've not really been reading into this story, so why is he keeping his options so open? Is it a matter of finding a huge paycheque that Chelsea wont offer? Unhappy in London?
hy not give him what he wants? You guys gave lukaku a ludicrous wage, rudiger is only getting to his prime years and as if now is truly world class. Surely can't hurt much.
The short answer is money.

I don't know exactly what he's asking for but all the reports said there was a difference between what he wants and what Chelsea have offered so far. He knows he can get a huge deal as a free agent and he seems to be in pretty high demand with Real Madrid and PSG heavily interested.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

I don't know exactly what he's asking for but all the reports said there was a difference between what he wants and what Chelsea have offered so far. He knows he can get a huge deal as a free agent and he seems to be in pretty high demand with Real Madrid and PSG heavily interested.
Thought it was the case, once saw an article of him seeking £400k a week then stopped following his rumours. Thanks for confirming.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Fair enough, but it's still definitely worth it to at least try to keep him, not that many great center backs on the market who come cheap.