Antonio Valencia | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He did fine considering. Attacking wise we can do better but he was probably our most productive attacker and it was against a determined Boca side.

dev1l

Lucky goal aside, he's looking great so far, although his positional play need working on, but that's understandable since this is his first time with us after missing out on the Asia tour. Always beat his man, and he can cross!
Can we start calling him the Black Kanchelskis?

Crerand Legend

I was really impressed and to be honest I was one of those who were unsure about him.Now it is only the start but so far so good

Scholesy

Tank.

But how was his technique? In other words, could you see him playing as a playmaker in a random game? (This would never happen. However, how was his short passing/control/touch ie was he more of a Iniesta or a knocker and runner like Lennon)

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Good dribbler, can beat his man consistently, can tackle and has pace. I know it's early days but he seems like an excellent signing. It baffles me that we were the only club to be seriously interested in him.

unitedgogi

Good dribbler, can beat his man consistently, can tackle and has pace. I know it's early days but he seems like an excellent signing. It baffles me that we were the only club to be seriously interested in him.
Real was too and would have probably bought him if not for Ronaldo.

dev1l

Maybe because we were his first preference and we also had a good relation with both Wigan and Brucey...

Ole'sbodyguard

I thought he had a good game. The goal he scored is typical of what he can bring to the side with his pace, directness and strength. Hopefully those who watched today can appreciate his attacking strengths fully as I was getting abit sick of him being dubbed a 'defensive winger'.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Tank.

But how was his technique? In other words, could you see him playing as a playmaker in a random game? (This would never happen. However, how was his short passing/control/touch ie was he more of a Iniesta or a knocker and runner like Lennon)
His short passing's good. He's more of a Lennon-like dribbler though.

Spoony

The People's President
Tank.

Modric?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
His cock is a million times bigger than Modric. He could probably feck Modric from twenty yards away.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why?

He's a winger, athleticism's just as important as close control/vision/footballing brain/cocksize/touch on the wing.

sincher

Iniesta isn't really a winger though. And his cock is fecking tiny, and scarily white.

Scholesy

Asking a lot to compare any player to Messi.

The problem you're running up against is the fact that you're a fecking idiot.
Arshavin then. Silva. Robben. Nasri. Ribery. All technically, well infront of Lennon.

Is Valencia as good as these guys? Or is he an overweight Lennon?

(Waits for you all to tell me Lennons technique will improve...)

Spoony

The People's President
Yes.

Is he similar to Modric?

Silly question actually, I know hes rather different. But how does his close control/vision/footballing brain/touch compare?
Look, when I see an average player, I think to myself - he's just another Luca Modric. However, Valencia is cool, he looks a bit like Jermaine Jackson and is built like a middleweight boxer. He runs faster than a Bugatti Veyron at top speed and he has the control of a Lotus Elise. You guessed it, if we he were a car, he'd cost £16m.

Don't blame it on the boogie.

sincher

Arshavin then. Silva. Robben. Nasri. Ribery. All technically, well infront of Lennon.

Don't ask people based on one pre-season game, but anyway here's my view:

Arshavin - not a winger. Better than Valencia at this point but different.
Silva - more skilful than Valencia, but Valencia is probably a better fit for us and more of a natural winger
Robben - technically excellent, but practically a bit rubbish
Nasri - lesbian. Rather have Valencia for sexuality reasons.
Ribery - clearly ahead of Valencia at the moment. As much as No.10 as a winger.
Scholesy - a bit of a spaz.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

Wait, have we just signed Aaron Lennon? :nervous:

Valencia can pass, shoot and cross which puts him above Aaron Lennon.

twitter thread suggester
Encouraging game from Valencia. Great acceleration, and he kept things simple while still being effective.

sincher

If we absolutely have to have a player comparison, then Valencia is not dissimilar in style to Maxi Rodriguez. Technical and fast enough to be a winger, hard-working and hard enough to play in central midfield (which immediately separates him from Lennon, for example). It's not necessary or even desirable for a winger to be tricksy dicksy. Ronaldo improved massively by dropping a lot of that out of his game and being more direct. Nani has yet to do that. Valencia is a good all-round footballer, I think. He can certainly work on his shooting, and other areas, but no better place for him to do that than our first team, and he offers a lot in the here and now. Not least he will restore balance to the right side.

Fergies Formula

Oh and Valencia's the shizzle, isn't he?
ye he looks the shizzle, and on top of what he brings as an individual he is a team player. It will be good to see him when he is fully mergerd in the team and has the confidence to go on his own. The early signs are good i think he could be a real gem.

So guys how many goals/assists you think he will get??

I reckon 9 goals in all comps with 8 assists

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
ye he looks the shizzle, and on top of what he brings as an individual he is a team player. It will be good to see him when he is fully mergerd in the team and has the confidence to go on his own. The early signs are good i think he could be a real gem.

So guys how many goals/assists you think he will get??

I reckon 9 goals in all comps with 8 assists
I'd say about 10 goals and 15 assists. Really looks a threat with his crosses and he knows when to pass and his passes are successful:drool:

didsbury1982

Looks like a decent fit for United does Valencia. Will give us good balance in midfield as well hopefully. Will have to wait and see when the season kicks off.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I had been watching Valencia for enough time to know that anyone expecting him to be the new Ronaldo will be dissapointed. Valencia is more like a Rooney type of winger with the only difference that he thinks and acts as a winger. He is also a good crosser of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.