5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

TheReligion

Abusive
More as in, we got the ball to him a shitload more than any other forward player and he did nothing with it other than smack the defender as hard as he could, or .. ?

It was his fecking job to make more happen and get the ball to our other forward players and he never did, not once.

He was awful, I wish the club would get rid, it boggles the mind how he's still here, quite frankly.
Who else offered anything more though going forward?

Di Maria looks the part but only Valencia got on the ball and tried to do something even if it wasn't that good by means of end product

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Jesus wept, he was among the worst offenders out there today. He constantly received the ball in acres of space and then proceeded to do the square root of feck all with it. Other players looked equally ineffective because they received the ball in congested areas, so there are at least some mitigating circumstances for them. But to receive the ball in so much space as he did, and so frequently, and to do so little with it, is beyond criminal.
Still better than just shooting/crossing balls against the opponents knee's/legs.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Jesus wept, he was among the worst offenders out there today. He constantly received the ball in acres of space and then proceeded to do the square root of feck all with it. Other players looked equally ineffective because they received the ball in congested areas, so there are at least some mitigating circumstances for them. But to receive the ball in so much space as he did, and so frequently, and to do so little with it, is beyond criminal.
So did the away fans who had to pay for this shit.

Cina

Di Maria looks the part but only Valencia got on the ball and tried to do something even if it wasn't that good by means of end product
Young was better going forward than Valencia was, that's for sure.

Offering something going forward isn't really the same as having the ball loads.

Eugenius

Who else had acres of space and plenty of opportunities to take on their man? Burnley packed the centre so there was no space for the central players. They were able to do this because Valencia was so shit (the formation does not help either).

Bojan11

It's like teams want us to pass the ball to him because they know nothing will happen. That is how bad he is.

marlowe78

If LVG is going to continue using wingbacks, there is no way we can keep giving Valencia game time. This squad is still stuck in the routine of getting the ball out wide to him instead of trying to break through the defense and it's certain that he'll hit a defender or it will go out for a corner/throw-in. Should not be chosen for one minute over Januzaj when the latter can actually beat a man.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
So frustrating watching defenders focus on only blocking the by line and a right foot cross. Amount of times he has cut back and the defender hasn't even tried to get in position to stop a left foot cross, giving him a second or two to actually do one. Yet he doesn't even try. I would settle for crap crosses from his left right now, just so defenders couldn't blatantly ignore it

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
standard second half display. Got the ball out wide a lot, and smashed it into the fullbacks shins.

Woodzy

Crock of shite. He only knows one way of playing and it's just not working.

justboy68

It feels like a punishment from God for our sins or something to still have to watch Valencia stinking up the place for United. He is beyond atrocious. I would pick any other first team wide player in the Premier League over him and I actually don't think I'm joking any more. Completely sick of it at this point. He was never exciting because he just did the same thing repeatedly, but at least he used to be effective. Now it is just truly painful. What's all the more annoying is that he is the outlet we play to most for some inexplicable reason, which probably partly explains why we don't ever look like scoring.

Disclaimer: Knee jerk meltdown after another poor show from United.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't get it. Just sign a right back and have done with it.

saivet

It's as if he doesn't think. Surely someone on our coaching staff must have told him to stop trying to drill in crosses every time he gets the ball. Doing it on the odd occasion is fine but it's so predictable and therefore easy to defend against.

ZDwyr

But just imagine how sore the ankles of the Burnley fullback are :drool:

Golden Nugget

It's worrying when the opposition decides not to mark your winger. Burnley did it today, and the tactic worked to wonders. Disappointed that LVG didn't take him off.

FromTheBench

Why the hell do our front 3 not create chances in between themselves and just pass it sideways so much.

Agree Young and Valencia sucked but they aren't supposed to be the main creative outlets in this system.

jem

Its not his fault. We bought him and he happily came here. Not sure what our financial situation was at the time or whether it was at the peak of Fergie's "no value in the market" mantra, but we should've been a bit more ambitious after Ronnie left.
Of course not. I love the guy, but he's just not good enough.

Devil may care

The most limited player ever to wear a United shirt, I'm starting think he has a bet before each game on how many times he can hit the fullback.

Mali_Zeus

He's absolutely horrible but what I dont get is why were our players insisting with giving him the ball with which he didnt have a clue what to do with it.
Every attack ball goes to him and he either hits the Burnley player or makes a awful cross.

Fahad Jawaid

I have said it before and i will say it again, the first two players out of the door should have been Young and Valencia they offer nothing going forward and never will, they are just never to be going enough for Manchester United, And with them in the side we will never see a change in style of play and attractive football, i remember in the Moyes era we only started to play better when we played Kagawa and Mata together and one of these two didn't play. I don't know what LVG is up to but i am very disappointed that he let go Nani, and it seems like Kagawa and Welbeck will be next, they are sooo much better players than these two losers its unbelievable.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I have said it before and i will say it again, the first two players out of the door should have been Young and Valencia they offer nothing going forward and never will, they are just never to be going enough for Manchester United, And with them in the side we will never see a change in style of play and attractive football, i remember in the Moyes era we only started to play better when we played Kagawa and Mata together and one of these two didn't play. I don't know what LVG is up to but i am very disappointed that he let go Nani, and it seems like Kagawa and Welbeck will be next, they are sooo much better players than these two losers its unbelievable.
That's unfair to Young who looks a lot better going forward.

DeMono

I don't understand how this guy can't wrap his foot around a ball and cross. He earns £60-80k every week. Him and Anderson are luckier than billionaires, at least they work to get their money.

Ekeke

He's absolutely horrible but what I dont get is why were our players insisting with giving him the ball with which he didnt have a clue what to do with it.
Every attack ball goes to him and he either hits the Burnley player or makes a awful cross.
Because thats been the easy pass for us since Ronaldo left. Valencia stays out wide which gives him space to receieve the ball. Defenders are happy enough with him getting the ball because he's simple to defend against so they dont get tight to him and cut out the pass

He's absolutely brutal to watch these days. All a defender needs to prepare to face him is concentration, a good engine and strong shin pads. He's one of the biggest reasons we struggle to create anything because there's zero innovation in his game. He may be big, strong and fast but that counts for nothing at the highest level. For all his assets there isn't any penetration in his play. Too many of our attacks end with Valencia and it's mind boggling why we continue to persist.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
He's on a huge downward spiral. Linked to confidence in my opinion. He has lost confidence, he plays poorly, he loses more confidence, plays even worse, rinse and repeat this over the course of about 30 games and what your left with is a performance like today's.

Mentally he isn't up to playing for Manchester United. When he gave up the 7 shirt we should have known.... He can't handle the pressure. Needs to move elsewhere.