Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's an unsung hero. Was very very good as a proper chalk on boot type winger during his early days with us and is now a reliable fullback. I like him.
My favourite player at United. Yep limited compared to what he was for us and his crossing is frustrating but he's like a throw back. Never gets bullied no diving no complaining just a solid pro. We could do with a couple more like him.

prateik

There must be a reason every manager loves him.

He isnt the player he was a few seasons ago.. But he isnt a problem. The criticism players like him get doesnt make sense to me.

CM

I've been really quite impressed with Valencia since his return from injury. If he can continue in the same vein, I'm happy for him to stay.

I think Mourinho would like him too, he's a very good athlete and always puts in a shift.

ottosec

He's been impressive since he came back, I really like him these days.

Red17

There was a long period of time, after he took on the no. 7 jersey, I think, when he stopped taking on players regularly and rarer still in getting past them. Then there was the time he was learning his craft in RB where he made defensive errors. He looks to have overcome those and is making the position his own. Bar Fosuh Mensah, possibly and potentially, the RB position is his to screw up.

Mike09

True, but I imagine with good performances he will see a lot of time in midfield, or potentially as a centre-back if we don't sign anyone to partner Smalling. I'll be surprised to see Mourinho keep Blind as first choice centre-back. That said, unless he is a starter, he will be able to cover at RB most times. I think he's better as a LB, CM or CB, though.

Varela is another option. I'd like to see us not sign a new RB just so that we can have Varela show what he can do, with him and Valencia being our two main options there. I think he can be a big player for us. He goes forward like a Manchester United full-back should, but he also knows how to defend one on one.
Not a big fans of Varela as a right back. I prefer right back who knows how to defend for minimum requirement not how to cross the ball.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His stamina is out of this world. When down to 10 he played like 2 players down that wing. If not for his run we wouldn't of had that 2nd. Well done tony.

Oh and he handled bolasie with ease, how many others manager that?

ChaddyP

I'm happy that he is finally getting appreciated by the cafe and is being called a right back. we really miss him when he's not in the team. especially with the watch we play

Golden Nugget

Going through a lot of the players instagrams (including Valencias own) he is smiling, laughing and dancing.

I'm convinced that this guy is an imposter.

bugmat

Just embarrassing comments all round.

Criticize him when plays poorly,but this agenda driven nonsense is just tiring.

It's like some posters have a thing against some of our players,and will manufacture faults just to fit whatever narrative they hold.
Agreed I'm wondering if that Di Maria's Angel isn't a manufactured person at this point :lol:

AV was very good yesterday. If not for his determination to get that cross in we might have had to play the lottery yesterday.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He definitely seems to play with more aggression for his country. At United he's usually pretty calm and rarely does rash things. Seems to lose his rag a bit for Ecuador, I suppose it's the pride and passion of being his countries captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.