Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Nice to see him smiling.

As frustrating as he can be, he is still a player I have so much time for.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No idea why people criticize him as much as they do.. Was perfectly fine for the most part last season while playing out of position. There's a reason why all his managers continued to play him while fans criticized him, he just brings so much to the team even if his final ball is bad.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Guy is still an absolute tank. If he somehow learned to cross, then he'd still be able to offer a lot, lot more than he does, even though he's approaching the latter stages of his career.

Raw

I have a strange hope that the surgery he had to take out the metal in his ankles will turn him back into the absolute beast that he was.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He looks more beastly than ever and seemingly angrier than ever tonight.
Definitely looked like he bulked up, which seems a bit unnecessary considering how huge he was before. Could have got sent off about twice today if it was a normal game as well. No idea what got into him.

Raw

He came on and just went on a rampage. Probably angry about Darmian outclassing him :lol:

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
He came on and just went on a rampage. Probably angry about Darmian outclassing him :lol:
His best seasons were when he had strong competition from Nani on the RW. Perhaps the competition brings out the best in him.

bugmat

Did he ever say why he did this? :lol:
Liverpool player wildly tackles you in friendly right before the world cup where you are captain and want to do well to honour your dead teammate and good friend...don't think he had to! He lost it for sure but it was clear why.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Liverpool player wildly tackles you in friendly right before the world cup where you are captain and want to do well to honour your dead teammate and good friend...don't think he had to! He lost it for sure but it was clear why.
Oh yeah I remember how bad his tackle was now. Still no reason to choke another player, even if it is that little cnut.

Roosney

I think there was enough reasons to do what Tony did.
And I recall him grabbing his neck, this photo isn't photoshopped, or is it?

m1y2

With all the senior players gone, I think I will like him again this season, also think he will get more game time than Darmian who will be settling in but steal some more games from him than Rafa so Tony V will be more fresh.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
With all the senior players gone, I think I will like him again this season, also think he will get more game time than Darmian who will be settling in but steal some more games from him than Rafa so Tony V will be more fresh.
No. It is mathematically impossible to derive joy from watching valencia play. He is a blackhole of a football player who sucks all the light and joy from anyone who has to see him play.

Jad

His season won't be in his own hands imo, it will be almost entirely down to how Darmian performs. It seems Van Gaal likes Tony because he is such a simple, tidy player who takes absolutely no risks and barely loses the ball - close to having the shortest average pass length in the squad, and an 89% pass completion ratio last season - and it is pretty predictable what you will get from him. Darmian has impressed me in pre-season but with more positivity and risk to his game comes more ball losses, and the extent to which he learns to choose his moments will decide which gets more games, I think.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully he will do a really good job and Darmians boots will be really shiny ready for each match.

JonDahl

One of these days, someone will realise he's a liability at right back.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
One of these days, someone will realise he's a liability at right back.
Neither van Gaal, nor Fergie (who is the man that came with the brilliant idea) have realised it...

SteveW

Got seriously nervous when he came on. He has very positional sense. Can we just stop putting midfielders in the defence?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looking forward to the sympathisers blaming everyone but Valencia, was left isolated, no communication, Smallings fault etc.

crimsonife

The transition from Darmian to Valencia was glaring. He can't cut it there, hopefully Darmian will become fit enough to play the full game each time.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
My favourite part was the commentator saying Darmian looked good in the first 80 minutes he was on the pitch and he was looking good in the 5 minutes since he came off as well.

Varun

Staff
My favourite part was the commentator saying Darmian looked good in the first 80 minutes he was on the pitch and he was looking good in the 5 minutes since he came off as well.
Yup, that was funny and absolutely true.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
In fairnes he made a couple of crucial clearances at the end

But was caught out when he first came on

Not sure it was a good idea to make that change at all. But if Damian had a knock I guess there wasn't much choice

Status
Not open for further replies.