Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRedDevil

I'm absolutely gobsmacked he's still here. No attacking ability whatsoever. Runs down the wing, fake going left and goes right, cross it to the opposition, Repeat. Every. Single. Game. Ever! He's an ok RB. But Man Utd could do way better. I'm still confused as to why he's here and not Nani who was always better at attacking.

el3mel

Weird, but anyway starting to think that will be his last season here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I keep asking, where is he?
Seems like he's been sidelined?

Adisa

I think he's gone in the summer
Yeah, his contract won't be renewed.
Chairs Wheeler, a couple of weeks ago said his relationship with Mouth is strained. People said it was nonsese. Mourinho doesn't mention his name in the injury list but still is nowhere near the squad.

He’s not in the team, and that’s the main thing. He will a difficult quiz question in a few years time “who was the club captain after Carrick?”.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So.....he may have "liked" a post on social media suggesting that Jose be sacked.
And since then he hasn't even made the bench.

Or, is it an injury which is keeping him out.

Whatever the case, our players need to be careful when "liking" posts. One "like", in error can cost you your MUFC career.

So.....he may have "liked" a post on social media suggesting that Jose be sacked.
And since then he hasn't even made the bench.

Or, is it an injury which is keeping him out.

Whatever the case, our players need to be careful when "liking" posts. One "like", in error can cost you your MUFC career.
Ridiculous. Most fans know he’s well past being useful - he’s out of the team because the form of Shaw allows Young to play RB, who is clearly a better player.

snk123

The most underrated servant of the club of the past decade.

Good article on Valencia in the MEN.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-news-antonio-valencia-15359597

Basically 1.5 good seasons in nearly a decade, and he never has any attacking threat as he’s far to risk adverse. The only thing I disagree with in the article is that is says Utd will trigger his extension.

Young is twice the player Valencia is, and unless there’s an injury crisis then he shouldn’t get back in the team. Jose seems to have seen the this, and Valencia should go at the end of this season.

Alabaster Codify7

Good, by this time next season I want to see Dalot as our RB with Young as a reliable squad option for either side. TFM maybe as backup.

snk123

Miles better than Young and should straight away get back in the team because he plays the ball on the ground rather than hoofing it. People who already hate him will not see his footballing abilities.

Adisa

Miles better than Young and should straight away get back in the team because he plays the ball on the ground rather than hoofing it. People who already hate him will not see his footballing abilities.
He's not miles better than Young. Valencia offers nothing in attack.

snk123

Oh I remember the time when we bought Darmian and he was subbed on for Valencia. People said in 10 minutes he played better than Valencia has entire season. We know how that turned out. Now the new toy is Dalot.

Valencia has been an excellent servant for the club. He has been atleast 7/10 every season bar the #7. A year ago we were talking about if he's the best RB in the league. People need to refresh their memories. If this is how we remember our loyal players then this club is no different than Real Madrid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oh I remember the time when we bought Darmian and he was subbed on for Valencia. People said in 10 minutes he played better than Valencia has entire season. We know how that turned out. Now the new toy is Dalot.

Valencia has been an excellent servant for the club. He has been atleast 7/10 every season bar the #7. A year ago we were talking about if he's the best RB in the league. People need to refresh their memories. If this is how we remember our loyal players then this club is no different than Real Madrid.
While Valencia HAS been a good servant, his time is up. He doesn't play with speed anymore, can't/won't take on his defender. Fullbacks need to be attacking in this era and he isn't anymore.

el3mel

He's getting phased out like what happened with Rooney. Young and Shaw will be our main backs most of the season.

snk123

While Valencia HAS been a good servant, his time is up. He doesn't play with speed anymore, can't/won't take on his defender. Fullbacks need to be attacking in this era and he isn't anymore.
Maybe but we need to see that when the team is playing well which hasn't been happening.

If his time is up, then he needs to be phased out. There is no reason to discard what he's provided for us in the past 10 years. He has been a very good player and has had a great career with Utd and given his all. He should be given a respectable send off if he doesn't improve - not made fun of and mentioned in the terms like had 1.5 good years with us

Darkhorsez

Maybe but we need to see that when the team is playing well which hasn't been happening.

If his time is up, then he needs to be phased out. There is no reason to discard what he's provided for us in the past 10 years. He has been a very good player and has had a great career with Utd and given his all. He should be given a respectable send off if he doesn't improve - not made fun of and mentioned in the terms like had 1.5 good years with us
Good post

Canagel

We don't need him like we used to before. I'm quite happy with how the fullbacks have been in recent weeks. Valencia hasn't played and nobody has barely talked about him. He will leave at the end of the season I believe.

Ekeke

Basically BS. He has been the most consistent player of the club in the past decade along with De Gea.
Consistency is only great if the level the player is consistant at is high.

Valencia has been consistently under par with his delivery. He did seem to figure it out for a purple patch of 1-2 seasons but then lost it again.

El Zoido

He’s never been that good at RB, it’s baffled me for years how highly he’s rated among Utd fans.

rotherham_red

Good article on Valencia in the MEN.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-news-antonio-Valencia-15359597

Basically 1.5 good seasons in nearly a decade, and he never has any attacking threat as he’s far to risk adverse. The only thing I disagree with in the article is that is says Utd will trigger his extension.

Young is twice the player Valencia is, and unless there’s an injury crisis then he shouldn’t get back in the team. Jose seems to have seen the this, and Valencia should go at the end of this season.
That is harsh. He was fantastic when he first came in to the team, and then got a horrendous injury which were it not for his fantastic mental fortitude, probably would have cost him a big portion of his career. As it was, he made a comeback in record time, before the season was even finished - compare that with Shaw and his difficult recovery from a similar injury, it should tell you everything about the man.

He then was hands down our best player the following season, and then made an admirable transition to our RB, and was probably the best RB in the league a couple of seasons ago. He's feeling the effects of a tough and long career now, and isn't of the required standard, but to say he's had 1.5 good seasons is totally rewriting history and quite frankly, ungrateful and ignorant of a fantastic servant of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.