Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I doubt we will see Valencia in the starting lineup again. Maybe in the FA Cup but not this year - and even then, Dalot may be fit enough to play, so unless Shaw picks up another injury or Darmian leaves we will be okay in depth until the summer.

I think Mourinho has reached his limit with Valencia in a similar manner he did with Jones. With Valencia's leg problems he's only been able to play one game a week and has played about a third of our games due to a couple of injuries he picked up.

Valencia and Darmian will probably both leave by the summer, Young will probably be offered a one year contract and we'll sign another RB and LB. If Shaw, Dalot and the two new fullbacks are fine in term of fitness by the end of 2020 then I think that'll be the end of Young's time here.

Shark

@NotShark
He's getting phased out like what happened with Rooney. Young and Shaw will be our main backs most of the season.
Young should be nowhere near our starting 11 though. Valencia should have been properly replaced in the summer, but again we see downright poor planning from the club.

el3mel

Young should be nowhere near our starting 11 though. Valencia should have been properly replaced in the summer, but again we see downright poor planning from the club.
He shouldn't but in comparison with Valencia I'll take Young now. At least he can cross.

Actually our Full Back planning has been good this summer. Shaw has tied down LB, Dalot should get games at RB, whilst Young is first choice RB (can cover LB) and you have Darmian and Valencia as well. Two young full backs, a full back who just played in a World Cup semi final who can play both positions and the other two who can play if needed.

Valencia and Darmian to leave in the summer, Young to get an extension and bring in another full back and we are actually pretty well set (if Dalot proves to be a good player).

Negan

He shouldn't but in comparison with Valencia I'll take Young now. At least he can cross.
He can’t though. Most of his crosses hit the first defender. Look at Robertson and Mendy in comparison. They have blistering pace and always whip a threatening cross in.

Young is so predictable. He runs down the wing, pulls it back and hits the first defender 9 times out of 10. We should have bought Danilo or Aurier instead of letting them go to our rivals bench.

el3mel

He can’t though. Most of his crosses hit the first defender. Look at Robertson and Mendy in comparison. They have blistering pace and always whip a threatening cross in.

Young is so predictable. He runs down the wing, pulls it back and hits the first defender 9 times out of 10. We should have bought Danilo or Aurier instead of letting them go to our rivals bench.
He can in comparison to Valencia.

SAFMUTD

Sad to see him like this, since he was part of SAF´s team, but he is a clear example of what is wrong with the club. Underachieving player, not good enough for a long time now and we are accepting mediocrity just because he has been at the club for too long.

We should not renovate his contract, let him leave on a free, I dont mean to sound disrispectful but when people call him "a good servant" thats all you need to know, he is pure dedication and effort, of course we want our players to be hard workers; but if that is all it takes to be at United for 10 years then we are doomed to fail.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
[QUOTE="ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg, post: 23249605, member: 108573"Young is twice the player Valencia is, and unless there’s an injury crisis then he shouldn’t get back in the team.[/QUOTE]
Debatable. Maybe offensively, but defensively Young certainly hasn't been as good as Valencia is (was?). I think Young is defensively better on the left as I don't remember him struggling as much in that regard the last couple of seasons, although it could also just be Young getting older. Of course, Valencia is also getting older and in his few games this season was also more shaky defensively than he normally is. Overall they are both struggling defensively.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I like Valencia. Been such a dependable player for us over the years. And he's always been miles better than Ashley Young. Maybe now with his injuries issues the mediocre Young has more to offer but as a foorballer Valencia has always been a comfortably better one.

haram

I feel sorry for Valencia because I just genuinely think his body is finished. I dont want to blame him too much but his decline is obvious.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I feel sorry for Valencia because I just genuinely think his body is finished. I dont want to blame him too much but his decline is obvious.
Yeah I've heard he's been nursing injuries for a couple of years now.

I think we've had to put up with so much dross over the last 5/6 years, that anybody putting in 6/10 performances regularly was seen as not a problem. Same problem we've had with Smalling and Fellaini imo.

El Jefe

:lol::lol: this has to be a joke surely.

Valencia is bordering Neville and O'shea levels before they left the club. Young on the other hand is a hard worker but bang average. In a year from now they'll have nothing to offer this club.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think I've ever seen a player that our fans care less about how he performs.

He was part of our starting eleven for majority of our shit period since Fergie left. When he is shit, which is quite often lately, only few of us criticise him, while others who bother to post keep saying he is a beast and that is fine. When he plays well, which is really rare, again we have few people who bother to comment on him who say that he is excellent and that they can't see why people criticise him, and of course that he is a beast, very important attribute of his, whatever that meant on football pitch.

And now when he's been away for few weeks, we have Young who is absolutely terrible(despite people not wanting to admit it), and I am yet to see people even asking where the feck Valencia is, let alone whishing he is back or even mentioning him.

Hardly anyone will probably even click on this thread even after it's bumped. Good old Valencia, playing good or bad for years and nobody even noticing it. He is probably negotiating lifetime subscribtion to Carrington gym with Woody as we speak.

I don't think I've ever seen a player that our fans care less about how he performs.

He was part of our starting eleven for majority of our shit period since Fergie left. When he is shit, which is quite often lately, only few of us criticise him, while others who bother to post keep saying he is a beast and that is fine. When he plays well, which is really rare, again we have few people who bother to comment on him who say that he is excellent and that they can't see why people criticise him, and of course that he is a beast, very important attribute of his, whatever that meant on football pitch.

And now when he's been away for few weeks, we have Young who is absolutely terrible(despite people not wanting to admit it), and I am yet to see people even asking where the feck Valencia is, let alone whishing he is back or even mentioning him.

Hardly anyone will probably even click on this thread even after it's bumped. Good old Valencia, playing good or bad for years and nobody even noticing it. He is probably negotiating lifetime subscribtion to Carrington gym with Woody as we speak.
I don’t really understand this post?!

Valencia is a decisive player. Aside from 18 months, I really can’t understand why he plays for us. A terrible winger, who can’t go past a full back, and then a distinctly average full back who provides absoubtly nothing for the side. But his supporters will tell us he’s a beast - which is great if you got points for bench pressing. A captain, that can’t speak English - whilst his supporters will say he can, but he’s not confident in doing so. A captain that lacks confidence in speaking is quite frankly astonishing.

He’s probably not talked about as people like me are sick of him, and have been for years. Whilst his supporters trot out the same old superlatives - he’s strong/ a beast and a ‘good’ servant. Whatever your opinion of him, you know exactly what your going to get from him.

Bola

Has to be a nonsense story surely?

The guy has been in decline for 2 years and has completely fallen off the cliff with his performances this year. Probably the best defensive RB we have at the moment, but minimal attacking output that is unacceptable for most Premier league teams.

Good servant to the club, but he needs to be moved on in January (or at least moved to a quasi-backroom role), with his squad place given to Dalot who will hopefully replace Young by the end of the season

If United do give Valencia a contract extension, then we really have lost the plot as a club.

edcunited1878

Wut? Unless Dalot is ushered into first XI next season or even towards the end of the current year.

Only thing I can understand is that Young and Valencia will be second choice, injury fill ins for Dalot and Shaw. And Jose cannot be that ignorant so this is more on Woody.

Andersons Dietician

I had forgotten Valencia even existed. Now flashbacks of him assaulting shins. Guessing they are just hedging their bets and needing cover for Shaw and hopefully Dalot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Valencia scored with his left foot. World is going to end now.

RedDevil@84

Valencia says it is a tactical decision by the boss not to play him a.k.a "Dropped"

'The player who has been in my place has been playing well. You have to respect the decision.'

'The only thing I can do is prepare and be ready for when he (Mourinho) needs me and be in the right condition to compete'

I'm calm right now and I know I'll get an opportunity to play again. The relationship with Mourinho has always been a good one.'

Ibrahimorich

Valencia and Young need to be ended. Just no more. Buy some actual wing backs not should-be-retired-wingers we bought 10 years ago.. FFS

peridigm

Valencia says it is a tactical decision by the boss not to play him a.k.a "Dropped"

'The player who has been in my place has been playing well. You have to respect the decision.'

'The only thing I can do is prepare and be ready for when he (Mourinho) needs me and be in the right condition to compete'

I'm calm right now and I know I'll get an opportunity to play again. The relationship with Mourinho has always been a good one.'
It's funny we haven't seen him since he liked that tweet or instagram post or whatever it was. I expect if all is good between him and Jose, he will start against Palace since Shaw is out and Young will most likely switch sides. If he does not start, he's done at United.

Andersons Dietician

Anyone else think we should take a chance on the Crystal Palace rb Wan-Bissaka?
To be honest he really impressed me last year when we played them, think he started because Fosu wasn’t allowed was it. Remember thinking I’d rather have him and the LB over Valencia and Young as they ran us ragged.

See Valencia scored whilst on international duty, wonder if he’ll pop up soon enough in a United shirt again or will he just fade in to the background.

Johan07

To be honest he really impressed me last year when we played them, think he started because Fosu wasn’t allowed was it. Remember thinking I’d rather have him and the LB over Valencia and Young as they ran us ragged.

See Valencia scored whilst on international duty, wonder if he’ll pop up soon enough in a United shirt again or will he just fade in to the background.
He looks a prospect. Dont see room for him in the squad though after the Dalot purchase. If we would buy at RB I would gather it being a direct replacement for Valencia. Like Meunier or thank god if we could get our hands on someone like- or just him: Kimmich...
We are not buying another 20ish prospect though. Not happening.

Andrew McMahon

He looks a prospect. Dont see room for him in the squad though after the Dalot purchase. If we would buy at RB I would gather it being a direct replacement for Valencia. Like Meunier or thank god if we could get our hands on someone like- or just him: Kimmich...
We are not buying another 20ish prospect though. Not happening.
I wouldn't want Kimmich, he can be ropey at the back. I would rather take a chance on a youngster who is used to the league and/or go for Meunier.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surely Tony is back in the lineup against Palace with Shaw suspended. Dalot on the bench I'd assume.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Every game from now till the end of the season is like a cup final. Lose this and we kiss UCL goodbye for next year. Does anyone know if Wan-Bissaka starts on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.