Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngliaRed

Cnut couldnt even be assed to clap the away support who travelled to see the shit whatnwas delivered by him and the rest.

RMD83

Valencia is finished. He’s had a great career and been a great servant and in my opinion has proved to be underrated as a right back but his time is up now.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Legs have gone which has completely exposed his limitations as a footballer. Good servant, good professional but he is barely Premier League standard at the moment

Bola

Legs have gone which has completely exposed his limitations as a footballer. Good servant, good professional but he is barely Premier League standard at the moment
United need to have a serious discussion with Valencia. If he is not ready to retire (and therefore take up a position in the club if suitable), then he should be moved on in the transfer window. I'd even put Darmian ahead of him now in terms of the benefits he brings to the 1st team

Last edited:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
United need to have a serious discussion with Valencia. If he is not ready to retire (and therefore take up a position in the in if suitable), then he should be moved on in the transfer window. I'd even put Darmian ahead of him now in terms of the benefits he brings to the 1st team
Definitely. Valencia relies so much on his physicality. Once that goes, he'll fall off a cliff (which I think has already happened)

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He's a corpse on the football field at this stage. Were there rumors of a contract extension? Would sum us right up.

MAME DIOUF 32

He's lost his pace but isn't trying to adapt his game, so he flies into tackles as if he's still quick enough to get there and is consistently a red card and/or nasty injury waiting to happen. It's hard to watch.

Esquire

Valencia is finished. He’s had a great career and been a great servant and in my opinion has proved to be underrated as a right back but his time is up now.
Well, he should be a backup at this point in his career. Yet he is still first choice at least 3 years past his prime.

Sylar

Well, he should be a backup at this point in his career. Yet he is still first choice at least 3 years past his prime.
I dont even think he should be a backup (well not for us). He just turned 33, and is not defensively sound (where a lack of pace can be covered through great positional play).

Rossa

What has happened with him? I've always liked him, but he just looks completely lost. It's not even like he's gone off a cliff physically either - he still provided some bursts of acceleration and speed that would shame Dalot, but he doesn't do anything. Has he just lost all motivation - it has happened to players before...?

Kapardin

What has happened with him? I've always liked him, but he just looks completely lost. It's not even like he's gone off a cliff physically either - he still provided some bursts of acceleration and speed that would shame Dalot, but he doesn't do anything. Has he just lost all motivation - it has happened to players before...?
He was never particularly good. At his best, he was just about adequate as a stop-gap, but we stuck with him as though he is enough for us. Just because he's spent many years at the club undeservedly doesn't mean he's a "good servant".

IrishMcD

Personally mate, I have never seen anything from him that would make me rate him highly. Think he played with better players in better and happier teams that covered his shortcomings. He has lost a yard of pace and is slowing down but this has always been his standard in my opinion. Never good enough. The decision to make him club captain when he doesn't speak English despite being in England for well over 10 years now, and cant be bothered to acknowledge away support after an away defeat in Europe, was one of the worst decisions made in the club in recent years.
If he gets a contract extension, the club and those running it have gone completely and utterly mad.

Velvet Revolver

Valencia is a winger converted to a right back. He was our right sided attack since last two seasons! it's got to take a toll on any player. I know he's done at the highest level but he's a good back up to have. If we had a functioning Right midfield it would help!

Alabaster Codify7

Good,honest pro. But 3yrs past his sell by date. Dalot fulltime first choice with Young and maybe TFM or perhaps a stopgap veteran signing as Diogos backup.

He was never particularly good. At his best, he was just about adequate as a stop-gap, but we stuck with him as though he is enough for us. Just because he's spent many years at the club undeservedly doesn't mean he's a "good servant".
Nailed it. Let’s be honest, no one else would have tolerated him and paid him the money we have over the last decade. The reality is that he’s barely contributed over the past few years, before that he was a failed winger, who no other decent side would want - that’s not being a good servant, it’s hanging around.

Suedesi

Antonio Valencia ready to leave Manchester United over differences with José Mourinho

Club captain accepts he cannot win over manager and may go next month

Paul Hirst: THE TIMES

Antonio Valencia is considering leaving Manchester United in January after becoming disenchanted with life at Old Trafford under José Mourinho.

The club captain started only his seventh game of the season on Wednesday when United stumbled to a 2-1 defeat by Valencia in the Champions League.

The Ecuadorian was named club captain at the beginning of the campaign after Michael Carrick’s retirement, but he has not started a league game in almost three months.

A little under two years ago, Mourinho described Valencia as the best right back in the world, but the £19 million summer signing of Diogo Dalot from Porto has put the 33-year-old’s long-term future at the club in doubt. Mourinho recently claimed that Dalot, 19, could be the club’s right back for the next ten years.

Valencia has told friends that he fears that he cannot win Mourinho over and is thinking about leaving the club that he joined from Wigan Athletic in 2009.

Two months ago, Valencia apologised after “liking” an Instagram post from a fan that called for Mourinho to be sacked. He claimed that he did not read the disparaging caption of the post, which was published by a Valencia fan account, before “liking” it.

Valencia’s representatives flew to Manchester this week to discuss his future. It is understood that they spoke about the possibility of a January exit for the player, who will be 34 in August.

Valencia has been linked with a move to Major League Soccer and teams across Europe. His contract is due to expire at the end of June, but United have the option to extend it by a further 12 months. Those close to Valencia claim that United have not offered him an extension beyond June 2020.

As well as Valencia and Dalot, Mourinho has other right back options in Ashley Young and Matteo Darmian.

Valencia is one of nine players whose contracts expire next summer. Anthony Martial, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Darmian and Andreas Pereira are also out of contract in June. The club have one-year options on their contracts.

United are keen to hand a long-term deal to Martial, who has scored eight goals this season, but he is yet to commit his future to the club.

Philippe Lamboley, Martial’s agent, said in the summer that his client wanted to leave Old Trafford, but the France forward has since worked his way back into the first team and could sign a contract extension. Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, is keen to keep Martial and Mourinho now wants the same even though he was willing to let the forward go in the summer.

Woodward also hopes that David De Gea will sign a new deal. United recently triggered a one-year extension to his contract, meaning that he will stay at the club until the summer of 2020.

Mindful of his importance to the team, Woodward wants the goalkeeper to stay, but the Spain player wants a contract worth near to that of Alexis Sánchez, who is on about £350,000 per week.

United are also in talks with Ander Herrera, Young and Juan Mata about contract extensions. The club do not have 12-month options on their deals, which expire next summer. Negotiations with Herrera are said to be progressing well.

Mourinho’s squad is ravaged by injury, but he hopes that a number of players are willing to put their bodies on the line for Sunday’s match away to Liverpool.

Smalling, the centre back, is willing to have a pain-killing injection to play despite having a hairline fracture in his foot.

Victor Lindelof and Sánchez are out with groin and hamstring injuries, respectively, while Marcos Rojo suffered an injury on Wednesday.

Luke Shaw could play despite a back problem, but Dalot is a doubt with a new injury that ruled him out of the Valencia defeat. Martial could miss out with a groin problem and there are doubts over the fitness of Darmian and Scott McTominay.

Nearing Old Trafford exit
Out of contract next summer but club can extend by 12 months:

Anthony Martial, 23
Chris Smalling, 29
Phil Jones, 26
Antonio Valencia, 33
Matteo Darmian, 29
Andreas Pereira, 22

Out of contract next summer but without an option for extension:
Juan Mata, 30
Ander Herrera, 29
Ashley Young, 33
James Wilson, 23

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Has West Ham written all over him. Or a 3 year deal at Juventus.

peridigm

Not good enough anymore. Would be a good if we can move him on in January. Dalot, Darmian, and Young are all capable if they can stay fit.

snk123

An excellent servant of the club. Shame people have such short memories.

snk123

If the rumours about him falling out with Mourinho are true then that could be why his heart isn’t in it. Which would make him one of many players potentially revived under a new manager.
Ssshhh Don't you know he's absolutely finished at the top level despite him being mentioned as the best RB in the world a couple of years ago?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...now-the-best-right-back-in-the-premier-league
https://www.planetfootball.com/in-d...tribute-winger-turned-world-class-right-back/

This place is so toxic when the team plays horribly. Sometimes it's Matic's fault, sometimes it's Pogba stinking the place. If you go by the forums, Valencia has never played a good game for us in the past 5 years. People don't see his touch, his one twos, passing and overall ability to keep the ball. Technically he is excellent even if he's one footed. His fitness levels are similar to Ronaldo and a better manager/team can still get the best out of him even if he starts less games.

SSSSnake

Wow a lot people bashing him. Yes it's time to go but have some respect for him. He's been at the club for 10 years.

Andersons Dietician

An excellent servant of the club. Shame people have such short memories.
He was/still is but even despite Jose’s ridiculous claims of him being the best RB in the league which just wasn’t true he hasn’t been at the level required for 7-8 years. He was just a guy who went about and excelled at doing a consistently average job week in and week out.

RedDevil@84

He has been good and extremely polite and loyal. I have nothing bad to say about him. But it is time to move on. He had one big season and some decent seasons as an RW and he did an ok or above average job at RB for a while.
Same with Young. Lots of heart and lots of loyalty. But time to move on as well.

Irwin99

Really like the guy and apart from 12/13 and 13/14 seasons where his form was dreadful I definitely think you can class him as having been a very good signing for the club.

Hawks2008

Will be sad to see him go, always was a top professional and servant of the club.

He was/still is but even despite Jose’s ridiculous claims of him being the best RB in the league which just wasn’t true he hasn’t been at the level required for 7-8 years. He was just a guy who went about and excelled at doing a consistently average job week in and week out.
Agreed. So bizarre that fans are praising him for literally just hanging around.

This is the same treatment Evra got in his final seasons. It was even worse.
Evea was a world class player, fantastic captain and positive influence on the dressing room. Valencia has never been anywhere close to this. Failed winger, average RB for a short period of time, appalling captain who can’t speak English and as inspirational as a brick.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So after watching the Fulham game I went to Tattu and he was sat at the table next to us.

He had a couple of middle aged looking guys with him and they were enjoying their meal. At the time I thought "must be his agent" but then remembered he sacked his agent ages ago?

Anyway after reading the Times article of his representatives flying in last week I'm guessing they must have been just that! Or family, whatever.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ssshhh Don't you know he's absolutely finished at the top level despite him being mentioned as the best RB in the world a couple of years ago?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...now-the-best-right-back-in-the-premier-league
https://www.planetfootball.com/in-d...tribute-winger-turned-world-class-right-back/

This place is so toxic when the team plays horribly. Sometimes it's Matic's fault, sometimes it's Pogba stinking the place. If you go by the forums, Valencia has never played a good game for us in the past 5 years. People don't see his touch, his one twos, passing and overall ability to keep the ball. Technically he is excellent even if he's one footed. His fitness levels are similar to Ronaldo and a better manager/team can still get the best out of him even if he starts less games.
He's 33, whether you think he has Ronaldo levels of fitness or not, there's no shame in being past it at 33 and that doesn't change the fact that throughout the last few years he was a very good right back. But his performances have been on the wane since last season, hence why we've bought a new RB. Even throughout last season most realised that he'd gone down a level. I think you're living in a fantasy land if you actually believe another manager is going to get the best out of him again. If he was 29-31 then sure, I could understand not wanting to write him off but by the start of next season he'll be 34, Valencia's best has come and gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.