Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Finished. Well, ‘still finished’ more like.

snk123

Barely attacked at all. However, solid defensively with a lot of interceptions.

buckooo1978

great guy but finished and has lost any real attacking intent

tonight actually reminded me of a previous game this season when he was a bit cowardly. He seems to always turn back or go inside and the thing that frustrates the most is when he plays a 5 yard pass to Mata then runs to a position where he isn't really available

hobbers

Turnaround Toni, but now with 25% of his original work rate.

Definitely want to see his heat and passing maps for tonight. Not because I think they'll tell me anything I dont already know, but because of a morbid fascination.

Raw

Ole just has to realise he isn't his best any more. We need Dalot playing more with Young rotating with him.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He’s done. Can’t fault his work with us but it’d be a tragedy if he started many more games for us.

Roboc7

His time is up but he’s been a good servant for the club. It wouldn’t be quite as bad if he had someone other than Mata ahead of him, the two of them together are a really poor combination.

Morpheus 7

It's one of the positions we should go big for in the summer for sure. Dalot doesn't look ready to me and Young is only going to decline. I'm just saying it's a bit of an over reaction for one game in which we got a clean sheet, he probably won't play for ages now anyway.
Young looks great compared to him, it's hardly been one game either. More like one year.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Am I crazy in saying he looked out of shape? Looked like he was carrying too much weight but I'm not sure.

As for performance, he looked lost. Didn't know what to do when we had the ball, positioning was wrong and most of their attacks came down his side. Herrera helped him a lot too. Coming back into a game like this wasn't ideal though, the Reading game would be the better though.

Young does look a lot better than him though.

Bobski

That's what makes the whole situation so depressing. Two aging converted wingers playing right back.
You know Evra was a converted striker/winger right? Converting players to other positions has always happened, didn't Javier Zanetti play much of the first half of his career in midfield?

Full back is probably the position that has happened the most, especially for the players with the speed, stamina and agility to handle the workload.

Canagel

Amazing how he basically stays in line with the center backs never straying beyond the half way line at any point to offer an outlet down that RW. He's aware of his limitations, the fans are aware of his limitations. Time to go.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Could just be a bad game while he's looking for fitness but I don't think so. Signs were there last year too, he's done. Hope he gets a good send off before he goes as I've enjoyed watching him play over the years. Will it be 9 or 10 years at the end of the season?

SteveW

Hadn't the first bit of interest in going forward. With Mata strolling around infield it basically meant we didn't have a right hand side. Not sure whether it's the fault of the coaches or Tony. It was extremely frustrating either way.

Because it could not have been a clean sheet and his forward penetration was awful, as was his backwards or side passing. We simply shouldn't be playing players like him as he would not get in any of the other top current 6 squads. Simple as.
We are 6th - he doesn't belong in the Premier League, he's that bad, the SPL is his level.

Andersons Dietician

Atrocious, really looked unfit but that moment where he can see Atsu and is watching it all unfold and isn’t busting a gut to get back is criminal. He shouldn’t be played again. If he was at full tilt there then his legs have gone as he looked like he was running in sand.

fallengt

He's mastered the art of backward and sideway passing. Born genius

Last edited:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
If we were up against a side with more quality on wings, this would've been Gary Neville at WBA moment for Valencia

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah hes done. Before the game I thought resting Young for Valencia wouldn't matter as I thought they were a similar level and hes just lacking a bit of confidence but damn! I didn't know it was this bad. He was lucky to not embarrass himself out there.

There was no energy, nothing. His legs have totally gone. Herrera had to babysit him throughout. Thanks for the memories but he really shouldn't play again. He's a disaster waiting to happen and we have enough of that with calamity Jones.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Turnaround Toni, but now with 25% of his original work rate.

Definitely want to see his heat and passing maps for tonight. Not because I think they'll tell me anything I dont already know, but because of a morbid fascination.
:lol: reckon we'd see an empty map. At times you'd question whether he was actually playing

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The only thing I can think is he doesn't have the legs anymore to get back from an advanced quickly if we lose possession.

If you were to compare his heatmap from tonight and Young's from the weekend, they'd be polar opposites.

logan99

He does not bring dynamism to the game and still plays with the mentality of Mourinho and his passes backwards.
Valecia and Jones are the players that we should sell ASAP

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's been a good servant to the club but it's time for him to go. He's an absolute liability within the context of our new system.
This. He's detrimental to how we want to play and it really affected us today.

Canagel

Imagine if we started him at Spurs. :lol: would get eaten alive. Enough is enough. It's like playing with 10 men.

Bobski

He was lucky that Atsu is so shit. Made him look dangerous even though he didn't have clue when it came to a final ball or pass.

Young still has the fitness to get up and down, he never really bulked up, carrying very little weight.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Been a wonderful servant to us but needs retiring. A shadow of a shadow of his former self. Ole isn't an idiot. It'll get sorted.

ravi2

Barely attacked at all. However, solid defensively with a lot of interceptions.
great guy but finished and has lost any real attacking intent

tonight actually reminded me of a previous game this season when he was a bit cowardly. He seems to always turn back or go inside and the thing that frustrates the most is when he plays a 5 yard pass to Mata then runs to a position where he isn't really available
Its puzzling that he offers no attacking threat but was once a winger. He is finished at this level

ravi2

His time is up but he’s been a good servant for the club. It wouldn’t be quite as bad if he had someone other than Mata ahead of him, the two of them together are a really poor combination.
We have nothing coming from the right when he and Mata are there. It makes us so much easier to defend against. Neither of them should be starting for United

Bogga

You gotta take some positives from the game...

• 0% unsuccessful crosses
  • 0% smashed crosses into a shin
That's good, ain't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.