Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepolice123

Tbf I think he was instructed to play deeper to block Atsu. He probably thought it meant not to attack as well.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I was in the 'maybe he could still do job' camp before but nope, he's done. The attacking element was already long gone but he doesn't have the energy to contribute anymore. He stuck out like a sore thumb in a team of real intensity.

hobbers

:lol: that map

Switches of play to Ashley Young vs Bournemouth: Progression: +90.25 metres
Switches of play to Antonio Valencia vs Newcastle: Progression: -16.00 metres

Pathetic, really pathetic.

ArjenIsM3

He was poor. So.. who can we get to provide competition for Dalot next year? :lol: Valencia and Young need to be replaced ASAP.

RyRy11

Cant see him getting any meaningful game time until the end of the season, Dalot/Young/Darmian should have that position covered.

ravi2

He was poor. So.. who can we get to provide competition for Dalot next year? :lol: Valencia and Young need to be replaced ASAP.
Since we have no wingers (and havent had for a while) our system is based on the full backs to provide width.
Its amazing none of the last 3 managers we have had has tried to address this.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Absurdly bad, he looked horrific tonight. Sad to say it but Valencia is done.

kundalini

I thought Valencia played quite well given his physical limitations. Not sure it helped the team when trying to attack but it did give us an extra man behind the ball when Newcastle counter-attacked.

Of course I don't want to see him here next season.

KennyBurner

We should let him go this month if possible. So much space for him to drift into yet wants to sit back. Did we tell him in English that mourinho has left because maybe he thinks otherwise?

You shouldn't lump Valencia (who is barely a pro footballer) with Young. It's very clear that Young is a far better footballer and leader, who is a great squad player to have around. We need better than him (as a starter), but he can play both FB positions to a good standard. Valencia got picked out of sentiment - Darmian is a far better option if Young needs to be rested and Dalot is not ready.

El Zoido

He’s been like this for years, I’m amazed it’s taken so many people so long to realise it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Imagine if we started him at Spurs. :lol: would get eaten alive. Enough is enough. It's like playing with 10 men.
It's worse. If he wasn't on the pitch we wouldn't be so fecking disjointed and lopsided.

Janson

I thought Valencia played quite well given his physical limitations. Not sure it helped the team when trying to attack but it did give us an extra man behind the ball when Newcastle counter-attacked.

Of course I don't want to see him here next season.
Am I seeing a sensible post in here, saying something other than Valencia is shit?

Has anyone thought of the fact that maybe he was told to stay back?

Bwuk

Am I seeing a sensible post in here, saying something other than Valencia is shit?

He was nowhere near Atsu the majority of the time if that’s the case.

Foxbatt

I do not think he is going to play against Spurs. Ole probably thought that he can give him a game and get away with it so now he has played everyone apart from Darmian.

Flying_Heckfish

Stood off his man and jockeyed everytime. I hope he was instructed to do that, because the intensity of pressing from everyone else by comparison was embarrassing.

Newcastle got most of their joy down his side, I guess that's mitigated a bit by having Mata ahead of him but I don't think it's a coincidence.

Less said about his sideways/backwards passing, the better as well. It's his signature move.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The glue factory awaits.

Good servant, but he's way past his best.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Tony is carrying serious cargo, lets get Dalot back in the team.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Was he also told to pass backwards or sideways all the time? Same as he's been doing for about 2 years?

Janson

Was he also told to pass backwards or sideways all the time? Same as he's been doing for about 2 years?
What else is he supposed to do if he doesn't have the legs to attack? If he was told to stay back, then of course he should just play the simple pass and stay back.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Valencia is now free to discuss contracts with other clubs. Would do well to go and negotiate a couple of years contract at a lower Premiership club.

Devil may care

His joystick is broken, can only go left and had no acceleration to try and take on a Newcastle player on that side, I have criticised Young but compared to Valencia he's like a fecking right sided Marcelo.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
What else is he supposed to do if he doesn't have the legs to attack? If he was told to stay back, then of course he should just play the simple pass and stay back.
:lol: mate, he's been playing those passes for 3 years.

I agree, his legs have gone. He's just not good enough anymore.

He's been a great servant to the club, but he's done.

el3mel

Your defense for him is weird.

He wasn't told to stay back, and if he was told to while Atsu was tearing his side to shreds, it's more of a reason to slaughter him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He needs to go, but I'd prefer to look back on a very good career with us overall. I remember that time he kept setting up Rooney with headers on a plate on the right wing :drool:. Great right back performances too, but his time is done it seems. West Ham will gobble him up.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really hope the rumours about us being in talks with him for a new deal are BS. We need to move on as a club now, he's clearly done.

Status
Not open for further replies.