Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandyman

I know he has served us well and am not putting the dropped points today on him, but IMO he is done at this level. I hope Dalot plays well and takes his spot for good. The number of times he was standing all alone on the right wing in acres of space and still did feck all was infuriating. He doesn't even try to go forwards these days. It's just the same doing a 360 and passing it back routine with him.

Redrich91

Seriously, what is the point of this guy playing. He doesn’t offer anything. Not once did I see him overlap. I have a feeling Jose is starting to realize

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He wasn't good today, didn't create any space for himself and was covered by Smalling for a lot of the match. He's very frustrating to watch offensively, I do think we signed Dalot at the right time, I can't see Valencia seeing the season out as first choice.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Dalot can't come in quick enough.

Great servant but he's done. No attacking runs, defending is meh unless it's a physical battle.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's a filler player and has been for a long time.
He's just there to fill a position and not be so shite he's embarrassing.

el3mel

We are already not challenging for the league so he should be thrown out and use this season to develop Dalot as our main RB.

dove

Our captain :drool: Quite perfectly sums up the state of this team.

EasyE

Finished. Doesn't even talk either. Worst captain ever. Can't believe they didn't put Adama on against him on the left rather than against Shaw. Weird.

acnumber9

I’m not one for jumping on the bandwagon to critics Valencia for no reason but he was dreadful. Doesn’t have the legs for this level anymore.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
After watching Dalot midweek, attacking and running at players, that was painful to watch. Acres of space to run at, never even tried.

It's too soon to say that Dalot is the answer, particularly against PL opposition, but I doubt he'd be dawdling around the half way line for 90 minutes with that amount of space ahead of him. He'd have given us a less predictable dimension in attack. I understand Jose's reasons to not overwhelm the kid and run him in to the ground, but our right hand side is completely invisible when the right winger is never out there, and Valencia doesn't occupy that space even when we're trying to peg them back.

His top speed is still there, but it looks like he's completely lost that burst of acceleration that made him a threat. Could probably do a job as an RCB in a back 3 at best, but a full back needs to attack, and he just doesn't.

Scholes the maestro

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That was atrocious game from him. Is he carrying an injury? He was one of the reason our attack sucked. When your two wingers drift inside then it is the job of full backs to provide attacking width. Shaw was constantly supporting the left side but Valencia was not even running. There were acres of space for him to run but he was not even trying. Also partly blame him for the goal, just staring at the ball. God that was awful.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Control the ball, cut inside, pass back.. Control the ball, cut inside, pass back... Control the ball, cut inside, pass back... zzzzz

Eddy_JukeZ

He was finished last season too.

Even more finished from his performances this season.

Morpheus 7

Good servant but he's done, hurting us up that side with next to nothing offensively. Crossing the ball at the half way line rather that putting a ball in around the box, safety first Valencia. It could have been a much different outcome today if Dalot was playing. His time is up and has been for some time. Hard to win this league without 2 good full backs.

Strats

He's done, unfortunately.

Don't understand why Mourinho made him the captain. We should have someone who can lead by example instead of these constant shower of shite perfomances.

Red_Ramirez

He deserves respect.

The only player apart from De Gea (who gets 8's) who consistently get 6's & 7's every week since he has been here.

The others are infuriately inconsistent. Up and down.

Pogba epitomises us atm.

One week an 8 out of 10 the next a 5/4 out of 10. Rinse and repeat

Dozy cnuts

Cambion

Why does he never try and take a player on or cross the ball. When the ball goes out to him you know it will go square or backwards

Dex_Utd

Stealing his wages. Every time he has the ball and even if there is space in front of him, you can't get excited as he will back pass anyway. Our right side is pretty much dead when he plays.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A solid full back, but I have said for a couple of years that he is hopeless at being an attacking full back that will provide all your width at home. He’s an absolute coward who will look to pass the buck every time. He does not want to attack space, he does not want to create half a yard to cross the ball, he does not want to try and beat a man even when covered.

More and more of the Stretford End are turning on him and it has been obvious for a while now that he’s not a preferred option for his team-mates. He should not be our captain.

God bless any of you who pony up £30+ to go to his testimonial this season.

Andersons Dietician

Quite happily play Dalot or Darmian over Valencia at the moment. There was a moment late on where the ball went out wide to Lukaku and foolishly I was expecting Valencia to burst in to shot any second and go steaming down the line on an overlap. Lukaku waited and waited and no Valencia so he had to go himself and then the ball rebounded back in to an area you’d expect Valencia to pick up the ball and continue the pressure but he was beaten to the ball by a Wolves player.
He is shocking, would rather let Dalot learn on the job and risk having him make howlers than this current Valencia.

kundalini

It does look as though the system expects him to do things that he simply isn't capable of on a regular basis. Whether that is his fault or a poorly designed system is another matter.

Diamond Kaz

I cried watching his performance today, had so many opportunities to attack the space in front of him. I dare say it, but he is done if he can't take on the opposing full back, and get to the by-line and put a ball in.

We probably have the worst full backs in the "top 6", anyone disagree?

el3mel

He deserves respect.

The only player apart from De Gea (who gets 8's) who consistently get 6's & 7's every week since he has been here.

The others are infuriately inconsistent. Up and down.

Pogba epitomises us atm.

One week an 8 out of 10 the next a 5/4 out of 10. Rinse and repeat

Dozy cnuts
He's consistent yeah, but at putting 4/10 performance every week.

Canagel

Jose loves persisting with over the hill fullbacks. Remember Ivanovic in 2015/16? It was clear that he was finished but look how long it took for him to be dropped. It's happening again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.