Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Deserve a good appreciation game. He's been through the good and bad with us, and has good attitude throughout his career here. He could squeeze more money from us if he had an agent, but he refused to.

Just a true professional.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am not his biggest fan, but he was ten times better player than Young at any period of their United careers. Valencia with just his left leg is better than Young this season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yup. An actual winner. Knows what it takes to win league titles. Need more people like him in our squad.
Goes another remnant from that good Fergie's side. Somehow it just makes me feel more detached from this current United side.

Thank goodness Ole is back. Hopefully he'll be a success here.

SAFMUTD

Great servant and all, but we should had ship him away a long time ago.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Phenomenal professional for us.
I can’t understand how anyone can slate him as a person. Sure, he wasn’t United quality for a few seasons - but he always gave it his all, and in his pomp, he made the void left by Ronaldo not look as big as it was.

Always remember that season where him crossing to Rooney seemed like the most regular goal combination going. Pep even said he was the best winger in the world that season.

Shame about the injuries - really made him a shadow of his former self. They were big ones so can’t blame a guy for becoming a bit more negative. I’ve not had an injury as bad as his before, but I’m sure if I had a nasty break like his I doubt I’d be as “all guns blazing”.

In my eyes, he’s go down as a United legend. Not a Great, but will remember fondly about his times with us.

All the best Tony V.

billybee99

I can’t understand how anyone can slate him as a person. Sure, he wasn’t United quality for a few seasons - but he always gave it his all, and in his pomp, he made the void left by Ronaldo not look as big as it was.

Always remember that season where him crossing to Rooney seemed like the most regular goal combination going. Pep even said he was the best winger in the world that season.

Shame about the injuries - really made him a shadow of his former self. They were big ones so can’t blame a guy for becoming a bit more negative. I’ve not had an injury as bad as his before, but I’m sure if I had a nasty break like his I doubt I’d be as “all guns blazing”.

In my eyes, he’s go down as a United legend. Not a Great, but will remember fondly about his times with us.

All the best Tony V.
This. Well said. I can't believe some of the morons in this thread and some of the negative comments. This guy gave us 10 years of his career. He was a very good player. He had 1 or 2 seasons where he was arguably the best winger in the league. He won our player of the year, 2 league titles and helped us reach a Champions League final. When Darmian proved to be a colossal bust, he dropped back to Right Back and gave us 2 very good seasons and was arguably the best RB in the league for one of those seasons. He was a pro's pro, no nonsense, put in a shift with no fanfare, no clothing line, no stupid dances or social media nonsense. I will miss him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Like with Rooney, he needs to be remembered for his peak years, not the withering end to things.

Just watched a video someone posted, and he wellied in a heck of a lot of quality strikes!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Goes another remnant from that good Fergie's side. Somehow it just makes me feel more detached from this current United side.

Thank goodness Ole is back. Hopefully he'll be a success here.
Do not worry my friend.
We will still have Smalling and Jones for a good 3-4 more years minimum.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Do not worry my friend.
We will still have Smalling and Jones for a good 3-4 more years minimum.
Tbh, I like Smalling. He's on the same class as Valencia, just a good pro who I've never had problem with. He'd be like Evans on Fergie's era.
Don't have time for Jones, though; unreliable doing stupid things, and can't keep his body healthy.

Frank Grimes

Young was far better than Valencia this season. Even Young the last two months (where he's been terrible) has been better than Valencia was earlier in the season. Young was also better last season and arguably the second half of 16/17, albeit at leftback. Obviously before that Valencia was better though.
I clearly stated 2 seasons ago (16-17), he was named our player of the season by the players too. Valencia's form fell off a cliff last season and he was a non entity this year. Far superior player to Young over their respective United careers.

MAME DIOUF 32

I've never been his biggest fan but, much like with Young, I give him a lot of credit for his application in becoming a full back. For a while he was aguably the best right back in the league. And he must have shown something to be named captain when he can barely speak English.

Anyway, is he fit? It would seem a little off for us not to give a former captain a decent farewell.

Man Utd 0:2 Cardiff

Robertd0803

Had some memorable moments here, the one Im thinking of at the moment is at Anfield in 12/13 where he is breaking 3 on 2 and screaming at him to hit it and he keeps going and going and falls over for which we got a penalty that RvP scored :D

kundalini

Decent player who stayed one season too many (a common occurrence). Contributed a lot towards the end of the Ferguson era. Turned into a reasonable, defensive right-back.

Making him captain was a strange move, given his reluctance to speak english in public.

Red_toad

Really strange ending to his time here. Went from first choice right back last season to literally barely in the squad for most of this season. Something definitely went on.
Yes he was injured then not fit enough to play. Go break out the aluminium foil and make a hat for yourself...

automaticflare

Anyone who thinks he was bad for us is and idiot. The most professional player we have had in years.

Never our world class hero but a top pro. Wish him nothing but the best

Red_toad

He had months to get fit after his injury and couldn't make the squad?
Knee injury October to November, then fell out with Jose
Calf strain February to Middle of March, so hardly months to get fit, more like 5/6 weeks. Would be a tad difficult for a player approaching his mid 30's to get match fit after nearly half a season of not actually being selected. But feel freer to carry on with the conspiracy theories.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Knee injury October to November, then fell out with Jose
Calf strain February to Middle of March, so hardly months to get fit, more like 5/6 weeks. Would be a tad difficult for a player approaching his mid 30's to get match fit after nearly half a season of not actually being selected. But feel freer to carry on with the conspiracy theories.
Cool, take care.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

All the best Tony V.
Good post. People like to ignore the bit in bold, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.